Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 General Skepticism
 SFN 2009 Psychic Contest, Enter by Feb1, 2009!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  13:46:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strongest Earthquake Location
1) 7.9
Strength On The Richter Scale
2) Talcahuano, Chile
Hurricane With the Lowest Pressure
3) Kate
Hurricane With Most $Damage To USA
4) Kate
Number Of Hurricanes To Strike USA
5) 5
Price Of A Barrel Of Light Sweet Crude
6) $93.03
Price Of An Ounce Of Gold
7) $1231.20
Price Of Pork Bellies
8) $88.17
Value Of The DJIA
9) 9342
Dollar/Euro Conversion Rate
10) 1 dollar = .71 euros
Deadpool
11a) Billy Graham
11b) Kirk Douglas
11c) William Shatner
11d) Barbara Bush
11e) Ed McMahon
Name Of The Top WW Movie
12) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Take Of The Top Movie
13) $783 million
Number Killed in Worst Terror Attack
14) 137
Location Of Worst Terror Attack
15) Al Basrah, Iraq

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  13:53:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Moak-- re BPS's rules:

"Predict the exact number of people who will be killed in the deadliest terror attack OUTSIDE IRAQ (feb1-Jan1)" (bolding mine)

Just FYI-- you may want to re-check your crystal ball. Or tea leaves. Or tarot. Or whatever future-predictors you got.
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 01/06/2009 13:53:53
Go to Top of Page

kariereed

USA
1 Post

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  19:41:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send kariereed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am new to this site and doing it for Big Pappa Smurf

"it is what it is"
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  06:36:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hiya Karie, thanks for playing!

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  08:31:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn Tron 2 was moved to 2011, I guess I'll change my pick to Harry Potter and the half-blood prince...

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  13:10:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cut and Paste Entry Form

1) Sumatra
2) 7.6
3) Fred
4) Fred
5) 3
6) $45
7) $888
Price Of Pork Bellies
8) $78
Value Of The DJIA
9) 8910
10) 0.76
Deadpool
11a) Fidel Castro
11b) Zsa Zsa Gabor
11c) Willard Scott
11d) Ted Kennedy
11e) Nancy Reagan
Name Of The Top WW Movie
12) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (July)
Take Of The Top Movie
13) $798 Million
14) 83
15) London

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Vilhang

1 Post

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  04:30:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Vilhang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crystal ball is working now.....

1)Shizuoka Japan
2)7.0

3)Mindy

4)George

5)5

6)55

7)999

Price Of Pork Bellies
8)100

Value Of The DJIA
9)9000

10)1 dollar = .85 Euro
Deadpool
11a) Fidel Castro
11b) Kim Jong Il
11c) Keith Richards
11d) Barak Obama
11e) Wolf Blitzer
Name Of The Top WW Movie
12) Avatar
Take Of The Top Movie
13) 800 million
14) 35
15) Paris France
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  05:21:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Skeptic Friends Network, Vilhang.

I hope you have a pleasant stay.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  06:53:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy crap it's Vilhang. Been trying to get him to enter for years, what's up Professor, how's Dear Leader?

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  09:40:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Earthquakes
1 and 2) Medan (island of Sumatra) 8.5 on the Richter scale.

Hurricanes
3) Name of the Atlantic storm with the strongest pressure in millibars: Henri
4) Most damage: Erika
5) Number of named Atlantic storms that will impact the US shores: 3

Commodities
6) $50 a barrel
7) Price of an ounce of gold: $900
8) Price of pork bellies: $80

Financials
9) Value of the Dow Jones: 9500.
10) Value of the USD$: 1.3

Deadpool
11) Fidel Castro
Peter Falk
Ted Kennedy
J. D. Salinger
Nancy Reagan

At the Movies!
12) Name of the biggest movie: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
13) A billion dollars.

Deadliest Terror Attack
14 and 15) Jerusalem, 50 victims.

Edited to correct the deadpool

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Edited by - Simon on 01/26/2009 12:28:51
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  10:55:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

1) 7.9
2) Talcahuano, Chile
3) Kate
4) Kate
5) 5
6) $93.03
7) $1231.20
Price Of Pork Bellies
8) $88.17
Value Of The DJIA
9) 9342
10) 1 dollar = .71 euros
Deadpool
11a) Billy Graham
11b) Kirk Douglas
11c) William Shatner
11d) Barbara Bush
11e) Ed McMahon
Name Of The Top WW Movie
12) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Take Of The Top Movie
13) $783 million
14) 137
15) Al Basrah, Iraq

Can't pick Iraq? The how about:
15) Cairo, Egypt

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  10:58:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cario, always a classic...

Simon your answer to the Deadpool needs correcting as well.

Robb you need to pick a location in Sumatra, sending PMs.

Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 01/26/2009 11:00:31
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  16:36:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shoot. My Castro prediction-- made when I slaughtered a chicken and compared its liver to what it had in my Liver Omens for Dummies book-- is clearly not going to be worth much, since everyone else has him down, too. Maybe I should try tea leaves...
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  21:50:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, wouldn't all of us, bona fide skeptics, have the same answers?

Also, you guys can see my deadpool, right? It is not just me.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  06:45:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's fine now, thanks Simon. Fidel is always a popular pick, if he dies and is reanimated Robocop style, should I still count it?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.