Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  20:25:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
photo-realistic it is, purchased from this website: http://nature-crafts.com/eaineagl40.html

The EarthBall is a durable vinyl globe made with thousands of NASA satellite images of Earth from space. Along with the photo-realism of the globe, the glow-in-the-dark cities and beautiful atmospheric conditions makes this globe a unique gift for all ages. Easy to inflate. Can be suspended from the North Pole.

And we got the last one in stock!

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  21:06:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

The nativity scene in Philadelphia is not put up by fundamentalist churches. It's put up by the Knights of Columbus, representing some pretty mainstream congregations. Parking in center city is a bitch and we are talking about staying up all night in the middle of winter in a major city. I have a hard time imagining many retirees being up for that.
I still think you're drastically underestimating the devotion of "non-fundies," but time will tell, I suppose. But like Mab said, don't be surprised if several churches pool their parishioners. They have the numbers. If just 1% of the congregation is willing, you will see Baby Jesus again next year.

Anyway, kudos on the display this year.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  21:40:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humbert,

You might be right. The baby Jesus was stolen from the nativity scene and they had a re-dedication today with all this clergy and it was in the news. A huge deal. So yeah, maybe I am underestimating them.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/breaking/news_breaking/20081215_Baby_Jesus_stolen_near_Independence_Hall.html

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

River Otter
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  19:20:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send River Otter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still no comments. To bad. I wanted to tell her the only reason we posted signs and erected trees of knowledge is because her religion is on state property. It doesn't matter what I believe or celebrate, it's a form of protest. There shouldn't be ANY religous crap on state property. That's what front yards and churches are for. If one religion is allowed then all should be.

We all know this but, she seems to have missed the point completely. I find this typical with most Christians.

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know. -Cicero

Brother, You say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book. -Sagoyewatha,(Red Jacket) - Chief and great orator of the six nations.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.