General Discussion
 Any homicide detectives on here?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scarlet_35

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  07:41:28  Show Profile Send scarlet_35 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The reason I asked is that my soon to be 17 year old daughter is very interested in becoming one. She's currently taking classes for criminal justice and completely loving it.

Before anyone starts wondering, no she's not butch at all, she's very much a girlie girl but one tough ass girlie girl. One would be very foolish to assume because of her appearance that she would not be able to kick your ass.

She is without a doubt more interested in being out in the field rather than sitting behind a desk. I would be all worried for her but WOW what she's learning is so darn interesting. I would prefer if she were a male instead but? she knows what she wants and I totally support her, I can only hope that intelligence wins over brute strength every time.

I'd be very interested in hearing any stories if anyone is into that sort of field or knows someone and can retell their stories and experiences.

Hittman
Skeptic Friend

134 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  06:04:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hittman's Homepage Send Hittman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested in knowing how accurate the shows are – are those the techniques really used, how often the evidence is as slam-dunk as it is on TV, etc.

When a vampire Jehovah's Witness knocks on your door, don't invite him in. Blood Witness: http://bloodwitness.com

Get Smartenized® with the Quick Hitts blog: http://www.davehitt.com/blog2/index.phpBlog
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  07:33:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My biggest beef with CSI is that no matter what, at the end of the show the suspect breaks down and gives his/her motivation, nice and neat. Once a season or so it doesnt work like that.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

scarlet_35

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  18:12:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send scarlet_35 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My daughters teacher points out all the bs on that show, I can't remember off hand what he's told her but she said she still likes the show anyway. I don't watch it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.