New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Stefano

Brazil
1 Post

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  22:49:34  Show Profile  Visit Stefano's Homepage Send Stefano a Private Message  Reply with Quote

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  01:13:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN, Stefano.

Yes, the Nazis had a shameful and well documented relationship with the Catholic Church, one they never lived down.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  06:09:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didnt you hear? It's all a trick, Hitler was an evolutionary atheist. I like that last picture, seems Nazi rallys are as boring as sermons, that guy on the left is sleep hailing.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  07:32:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Didnt you hear? It's all a trick, Hitler was an evolutionary atheist. I like that last picture, seems Nazi rallys are as boring as sermons, that guy on the left is sleep hailing.
Isn't that L. Ron Hubbard?

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  07:58:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm he must have some negative body thetans in him, he doesnt look so hot.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  08:27:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hahaha! Classic!

I like how some groups turn things around, like those right-wing extremists adopting words like "freedom", "liberty", "democracy" and such, when in reality, the effect of their actions is the opposite.

Cheers!

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  09:59:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by perrodetokio

Hahaha! Classic!

I like how some groups turn things around, like those right-wing extremists adopting words like "freedom", "liberty", "democracy" and such, when in reality, the effect of their actions is the opposite.

Cheers!

You really should read George Orwell's "1984" if you haven't already.

If should be mandatory reading before being allowed to vote for any government.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  09:59:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it is not a nice selling point for fundies to mention that Hitler was a conservative Roman Catholic supported by a majority of Lutherans and that the main opposition he ever faced (both internally and during the war) was from Godless liberal and commies...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

perrodetokio
Skeptic Friend

275 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  11:20:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send perrodetokio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by perrodetokio

Hahaha! Classic!

Cheers!

You really should read George Orwell's "1984" if you haven't already.

If should be mandatory reading before being allowed to vote for any government.

Yes, you´re right! But my impression is more on the lines of "Idiocracy"

"Yes I have a belief in a creator/God but do not know that he exists." Bill Scott

"They are still mosquitoes! They did not turn into whales or lizards or anything else. They are still mosquitoes!..." Bill Scott

"We should have millions of missing links or transition fossils showing a fish turning into a philosopher..." Bill Scott
Go to Top of Page

River Otter
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  11:49:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send River Otter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why is it that almost all of the Christians I talk too, claim that Hitler was an Atheist? I can't count how many times I have heard this. I think the religious leaders are misleading their sheep.

I usually refer them to the link below. Hitler was a Catholic. There's no denying it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler's_religious_beliefs

Though, I am not claiming that the holocaust was in the name of Catholicism. I don't think it was. I think it was politically motivated. Stallin,(an Atheist)committed genocide to push Communism not because he was Atheist. I think this is the same with Hitler.

People, whether religious or not, all do good and or bad. Some do more bad or good then others. I like to think this has to do with the person's brain.

I don't know. What do you all think?

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know. -Cicero

Brother, You say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book. -Sagoyewatha,(Red Jacket) - Chief and great orator of the six nations.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  12:00:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Religion, in one form or another and in one way or another, has been the eager and willing tool of despots for as long as despots have been around. It is natural, for religion itself tends toward being despotic.

Welcome to SFN Stefano!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  12:15:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We know decided that getting rid of the Jew's influence was the best to do for the "Aryan race". He is also on the record for stating that the betterment of Germany and the Aryan race (essentially interchangeable in his mind) to be his God given mandate, but certainly he thought of it to be a noble endeavour on its own right.

One could argue that he needed a divine mandate to still justify the murders but I don't think so. Hitler was megalomaniac to the highest point and, certainly, loved the idea of being the saviour of the German race. Certainly, this morbid fantasy fed his ego much better than the cold reality of him being an insignificant looser. And, just as certainly, the murders were of little significance to him if it played a role in the grandiose tapestry of his fantasy.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  13:20:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hitler's erroneous association with atheism is almost entirely due to his acceptance and misuse of evolutionary theory to justify the antijewish policies.

As evolutionism has been pegged as godlessness by the Trues, they didnt have to think very hard to assume atheism. That and they ignore everything they dont want to be true.

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  17:07:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did he ever mention Darwinism, though?

He was certainly influenced by eugenism, but that is totally different and predate Darwinism.
He also (mis)used Nietzsche a fair bit of course, but I have yet to find an actual reference to Evolution or Natural selection in the nazi's speeches or writing...

Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  00:28:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of the church and nazis...

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  00:36:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Speaking of the church and nazis...

Just coincidence, isn't it, that Pope Ratzi was a Hitler Youth.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.