Dick Cheney's suspicious warnings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  11:42:19  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Former Vice-President Dick Cheney has recently and repeatedly been saying President Obama is placing the country "at risk" of another terrorist attack. He also recently agreed with the excreting lout Rush Limbaugh in hoping America will fail in an economic recovery. The threat of terrorist attack from Cheney is suspicious. News media commentators and pundits as diverse as Keith Olberman to comic John Stewart have stated that the Republicans would want another terrorist attack during a Democratic administration so they can claim they kept the country safe, even though a major attack took place during the Bush era. They want to co-opt and leverage any disaster politically without concern for life and property, and as a means to justify their plans and, in their minds, win approval of their Neo-Con schemes, as they did after 9/11.

Even if Cheney is not directly engaged in tacit treason with Al Qaeda, (which I wouldn't put past him,) he is sending a signal to the world that now is the time. I believe that international terrorists and the Republican Party both want the Republicans to return to office. Bin Laden was very likely delighted with Bush's blundering into Iraq as it provided him with many more recruits and justified his own insane claims against Western culture and democracy. The rational and mature approaches to the Middle East from the Obama administration and Hilary Clinton, who has shown considerable skill so far as Secretary of State, no doubt angers and scares terrorist leaders and those who directly or indirectly give them aid and comfort, such as Dick Cheney.

If the ex-Vice President were a good man, even if completely wrong, who disagreed with the policies of the new administration, he would express his concerns about security directly to President Obama and discreetly, but Dick Cheney is not a good man. He is self-serving in the extreme and cares not for American citizens or the people of the World.

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  12:44:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheney does as Cheney is. He was a cowardly, vicious, and by some lights treasonous, little pissant during Vietnam and the only change is that now, he is a cowardly, vicious, and by many more lights treasonous, large pissant. He is as the sludge in the bottom of the leper colony's septic tank; he is an untreatable, dripping, political chancer.

The Rude Pundit would agree.
John King's Abdication:
Somewhere in Hell yesterday, Augusto Pinochet watched John King's interview with Dick Cheney on CNN. Whenever the former Vice-President appears, Lucifer makes sure that all the underworld's screens are tuned in. He wouldn't wanna piss off Cheney. "Are you fuckin' kiddin' me?" Pinochet wondered out loud between his screams as the bones of all the people he disappeared were shoved down his dickhole into his urethra. The Chilean dictator turned to femur-wielding demons with Salvador Allende's face and said, "Seriously, to get that kind of hummer from a reporter, I'd've had to have threatened to skin his girlfriend alive." Pinochet instantly regretted what he'd said. One should never give demons an idea.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  13:13:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Cheney does as Cheney is. He was a cowardly, vicious, and by some lights treasonous, little pissant during Vietnam and the only change is that now, he is a cowardly, vicious, and by many more lights treasonous, large pissant. He is as the sludge in the bottom of the leper colony's septic tank; he is an untreatable, dripping, political chancer.

The Rude Pundit would agree.
John King's Abdication:
Somewhere in Hell yesterday, Augusto Pinochet watched John King's interview with Dick Cheney on CNN. Whenever the former Vice-President appears, Lucifer makes sure that all the underworld's screens are tuned in. He wouldn't wanna piss off Cheney. "Are you fuckin' kiddin' me?" Pinochet wondered out loud between his screams as the bones of all the people he disappeared were shoved down his dickhole into his urethra. The Chilean dictator turned to femur-wielding demons with Salvador Allende's face and said, "Seriously, to get that kind of hummer from a reporter, I'd've had to have threatened to skin his girlfriend alive." Pinochet instantly regretted what he'd said. One should never give demons an idea.

Yeah. I watched it live for about a half hour until it became to painful to go on, so I turned the channel. Nothing but nerfballs. It was pathetic.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  13:27:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only read the transcript -- actually seeing him makes my ulcer bleed. After reading it, I had to flush my eyeballs out with Clorox to get the stains off them.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  14:12:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you have this exactly correct, Chip.

In concert with the Republican Senators who want to extend the so-called Patriot Act, and with noise from right-wing fascist radio windbags, Cheney is working to put the GOP on record as warning of new terrorist attacks. Their hope is that there will be new attacks on the US. The GOP is betting its last chips on benefiting from this.

That, in a nutshell, is where the GOP is. Their leaders actually want America to descend into a Great depression, and for more thousands of their fellow citizens to die in blazing infernos. Unlike GOP de facto boss Rush Limbaugh, who expressed gleeful hope that Obama's economic stimulus will fail, Cheney and the GOP Senators dare not openly call for terrorism, but their hope for more attacks is implicit in the way way they are preparing the groundwork to benefit from disaster.

Past-masters of failure themselves both in combating terrorism and in keeping the economy from tanking, the Republican Party has nothing to hope for except the failure of the Obama Administration. That a failure to mount successful recovery efforts, or to protect the nation from renewed terror attacks would only gravely damage the nation as a whole is of no consequence to Cheney, Limbaugh, or to Senators Eric Cantor, Pence and Smith.

In effect, even if possibly not in law, these men are already traitors. (It does seem clear to me that Cheney himself is already literally a traitor for his violations of the Constitution.)

I wouldn't put a more overt act of treason past any of them. I suspect they're just hoping for catastrophes to strike their nation, but to may go deeper.

When are Cheney, Bush, et al going to be prosecuted for the crimes they've already committed? Okay, I know the Obama Justice Department had to start from a dead stop on this issue, but it would be pleasant to have a progress report.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/16/2009 14:14:13
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  13:30:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

...Cheney and the GOP Senators dare not openly call for terrorism, but their hope for more attacks is implicit in the way way they are preparing the groundwork to benefit from disaster...In effect, even if possibly not in law, these men are already traitors. (It does seem clear to me that Cheney himself is already literally a traitor for his violations of the Constitution.)...I wouldn't put a more overt act of treason past any of them...

All well put - and it is important that the public is continually reminded of this by the middle-of-the-road (though defined as Liberal) pundits and commentators, such as Olberman, Maddow, Maher and John Stewart - who have commented or hinted of this.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.