Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  06:33:30  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Leonardo Da Vinci The Last Supper
Click for extra-large version

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 04/25/2009 22:06:55

TG
Skeptic Friend

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  08:21:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send TG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm ashamed to say that I can only identify five of them. On the bright side, that's four more than I can ID in the original.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  08:31:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here, albeit, if the fingery guy in the background his Phil Plait, that'd make it six...

No idea about the marmot yielding Ayatollah, though...

Could I ask you to post a legend?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  08:56:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

Same here, albeit, if the fingery guy in the background his Phil Plait, that'd make it six...

No idea about the marmot yielding Ayatollah, though...

Could I ask you to post a legend?
Yes, I may post names, but if I do, I'm going to wait a while, for fun's sake. (BTW, that's a an iguana the old bearded man is holding.)

Go to Top of Page

River Otter
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  09:15:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send River Otter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know who the bearded guy with the iguana is.

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know. -Cicero

Brother, You say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book. -Sagoyewatha,(Red Jacket) - Chief and great orator of the six nations.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  09:17:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by River Otter

I know who the bearded guy with the iguana is.
I bet you do, the Ayatollah of Reptilia!

Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/26/2009 09:18:30
Go to Top of Page

River Otter
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  09:27:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send River Otter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ayatollah of Reptilia!

LOL! That pretty much sums it up!

Now, If we could get the Ayatolla to hand the iguana over to the chef, it will be a supper fit for kings.

I love this picture and can identify seven of the supper guests.

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know. -Cicero

Brother, You say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book. -Sagoyewatha,(Red Jacket) - Chief and great orator of the six nations.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  10:11:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely one of your best efforts! I've got six with two possibles.

Oh, and flattery will get you everywhere!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  10:18:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Definitely one of your best efforts! I've got six with two possibles.

Oh, and flattery will get you everywhere!

I decided to go ahead and show who's who, on the image itself. Unfortunately, what I'm likely to get from you, Fil, is a "hot" herp of some kind, via UPS.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  10:28:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think in my version, almost everyone is happy and yakking away, apparently talking about Christopher Hitchens, who has become the center of attention, to Dawkins' amused chagrin.

BTW, the version of Da Vinci's original "The Last Supper" that I worked with is this later reproduction:

Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/26/2009 10:35:48
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  10:35:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's Anthony Flew.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  11:24:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got a 10 of them. This should be a T-shirt. I don't think copyright would be a problem because people do send ups of the last supper pretty regularly. The painting is certainly in the public domain by now...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  12:08:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

It's Anthony Flew.
D'oh! Thanks, I'll fix that. Shouldn't have forgotten, since I posted an item about the poor, fundy-ridden old guy in 2007.

It was even worse than that. His name is "Antony," no "h".

Edited by - HalfMooner on 03/26/2009 12:17:42
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  12:27:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I got a 10 of them. This should be a T-shirt. I don't think copyright would be a problem because people do send ups of the last supper pretty regularly. The painting is certainly in the public domain by now...
Fine by me! All proceeds to SFN.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  12:53:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got a feeling about this; if a tee is to be made, it should be soonest. Lots of people have seen it already and one of them might decide to do it.

It would be the livin' end under the SFN logo!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  13:50:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

What got us in trouble with the Sgt. Pepper send-up was the right of publicity of all the people involved. While I'm sure that getting Derek and Swoopy's permission would be no problem (for example), getting Tony Flew's okay as Judas would be a little difficult. And CafePress' cover-our-asses attitude is "when in doubt, do not publish, period." So anytime Mooner puts a bunch of people's faces in one of his pieces, think to yourself "we won't be seeing this on a T-shirt," unless it's a bunch of people we know really well.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.