Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  11:36:20  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As some of you may know, Boron10 (Tim) was married to Jaime on Friday night in San Diego. It was a wonderful wedding and a good time was had by all. We don't have any of the actual wedding pictures yet, and I will post those as they come in, but we do have this from Cune:

From left: HalfMooner, Kil, Boron10, Cuneiformist

Click for full size

I'm sure we will have more to say about the wedding. There is already a thread going in the moderator folder, but we felt that we should begin the thread anew out here because really, what's the secret?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  11:52:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be damned, congratulations, Boron! Give my condolences to your wife.

I kid, I kid...

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  12:06:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It really was a nice time, and kudos to Boron and his wife for planning out such a great evening. Here's a pic of the two, with the San Diego skyline in the background. It was a wonderful venue, and the weather cooperated perfectly:

Click for full size
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  12:27:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

Or condolences

And is it just me, or does Kil look more like a mafioso boss than a proud parent?

Best wishes for a long and happy marriage Tim!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  12:43:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, anyhow, it was great meeting and speaking with Mooner for the first time in person. (I had already met those other two slackers.) The wedding itself was just about perfect. Live band, libations and a wonderful dinner followed by, you know, a party with even more libations and music, which is called a reception when it follows a wedding. Jaime was a beautiful bride (she always looks great) and Jacob (my grandson) held up well, all things considered.

My ex-wife's partner, Susan, officiated, and did so without a single mention of you know who. As I understand it, Tim and Jaime wrote their vows and almost managed their way through them without laughing or crying. The same can't be said for Tim's mother, Beth, or Michelle for that matter.

There was a navy part of the wedding, a tradition among officers in the service, which was really cool, with swords drawn and with words spoken by one of the men in uniform, the whole wedding party walked under that tunnel of swords with Tim and Jaime being the last one's though. As you can see in the picture above, with the bay and the city as a backdrop, it really couldn't have been much more perfect than it was.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  12:44:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude:
And is it just me, or does Kil look more like a mafioso boss than a proud parent?

What's the difference?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  12:49:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tim and Jaime's wedding was fantastic, especially the inspiring contribution of Tim's white-uniformed brother Naval officers in forming a tunnel of upraised swords for the couple to go through. (At the end of the line, two officers lowered their swords to block the couple, forcing them to kiss before releasing them.)

The Bride is gorgeous, the Groom handsome, and Kil is... well, Kil. Nice meeting Michelle and Lance, as well. Great "free" (thanks, Tim!) food and beer! I truly tested my capacity for both, with mixed results. I was shocked that the Navy didn't spring for the expenses. It would have been a fine use of tax dollars, in my opinion, to so honor our uniformed people.

This is the first time ever I'd met anyone from SFN.

Apropos of nothing in particular, I here give a bonus free tip to other straight guys: When hitting, even gently, upon two ladies during one evening, always determine in advance that they are 1) Not Lesbians, and 2) Not each other's life-partners.

Gee, I hope I wasn't a total jerk!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  12:56:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Why the false dichotomy? To me, he looks like both.

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  14:16:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations and great pictures.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  14:50:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner
Apropos of nothing in particular, I here give bonus free tip: When hitting, even gently, upon two ladies during one evening, always determine in advance that they are 1) Not Lesbians, and 2) Not each other's life-partners.

Ah, but what if both returned such advances, would I have been able to forgive myself if I had turned them down?
Would you?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  15:06:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

As some of you may know, Boron10 (Tim) was married to Jaime on Friday night in San Diego. It was a wonderful wedding and a good time was had by all. We don't have any of the actual wedding pictures yet, and I will post those as they come in, but we do have this from Cune:

From left: HalfMooner, Kil, Boron10, Cuneiformist

Click for full size

I'm sure we will have more to say about the wedding. There is already a thread going in the moderator folder, but we felt that we should begin the thread anew out here because really, what's the secret?

Scuffy-lookin' bunch, ain't they?

But, my warmest congratulations! Hoping -- were I a prayin' man, I'd pray -- for a long, loving and prosperous relationship for you. Dog knows they're hard enough to come by.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  15:23:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by HalfMooner
Apropos of nothing in particular, I here give bonus free tip: When hitting, even gently, upon two ladies during one evening, always determine in advance that they are 1) Not Lesbians, and 2) Not each other's life-partners.

Ah, but what if both returned such advances, would I have been able to forgive myself if I had turned them down?
Would you?

That's a most unlikely hypothetical, at least as unlikely as if I'd been chatting up eligible women. (To my credit, I myself am eligible, though the Pipefitters at the Great Shipyard laid down my hull with the wrong plumbing.)

In reality, once I groggily comprehended my faux pas, I asked for a dance with both at once, and was promised one. But just then, my sister came up to take me back to her home, where I was staying. I am left only with sweet fantasies, and those merely of the consolation dance.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/24/2009 15:29:00
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  15:27:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Scuffy-lookin' bunch, ain't they?
This is one of those times when "argument from authority" really works. Filthy is an acknowledged expert on the subject.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  16:07:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, some more picts to be edited. I'm not very good at that part. This should do it though for now...

Notice the front guys lowering their swords. After the kiss, the two raised their swords so Tim and Jaime could pass, but then the guy on the left hit Jaime on her backside with his sword as she passed. The Navy is full of tradition...

"I hope you know where we're going. I'm completely lost..."

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  18:36:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats B10!!!

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  19:04:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And thus the SFN-USN marriage is official. Admiral Kil now commands a flotilla of nuclear submarines.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.