Wingers gone wild.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  05:40:48  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What in the glorious name of Satan is wrong with these cretins? Have they nothing better to write about than something only another drooling wingnut might find interesting enough to masturbate at. So Tony Hawks cruised the White House hallways on his skate board -- big fucking deal! NOBODY CARES!
Legendary skateboarder Tony Hawk has struck back at a wave of criticism in the right-wing blogosphere of his skateboard ride through the White House on Friday.

Hawk's unprecedented shred through White House corridors has ruffled feathers among some conservative bloggers, who slammed it for being disrespectful of the office of the president, and argued it's yet more evidence that the Obama administration represents a decline in American values and society.
Well, really, I care a little bit; he should have been on a Shovelhead Harley instead of a fat barrel stave, but whaddahell.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

knightmare

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  06:55:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send knightmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First we have this from the July 19, 2005 USA Today:

A photo of Northwestern University's national championship women's lacrosse team, taken during the athletes' visit to the White House last week, shows four of the nine women in the front row wearing flip-flop sandals along with their dresses and skirts.

The choice of footwear has prompted a mini-controversy — a flip-flop flap, if you will.

A front-page story in the Chicago Tribune included the headline "YOU WORE FLIP-FLOPS TO THE WHITE HOUSE?!" inspired by an e-mail sent to player Kate Darmody from her older brother after he saw the photo on the team's Web site.

Family members of other players expressed similar dismay, insisting the summer footwear staple was too casual for a visit with the president.

"Don't even ask me about the flip-flops," said the mother of player Aly Josephs. "It mortified me."

Now we've got Tony Hawk skateboarding. Out of everything else that is going on in the world, these are the stories that concern the majority of Americans. Too bad he didn't take Bam Margera and Mike Vallely with him. THAT would have made some great t.v.

(here's the full story; http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-07-19-flip-flops_x.htm Couldn't get it to work the way I wanted up top. I've forgotten more than I've learned about computers over the years)

Laters
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.