Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  22:13:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Tipok

If you want to get into how unlikely things are then I'd have to say this:
It is much more unlikely for an organism to get a beneficial mutation (not just one that adds variety) that doesn't initially weaken before it can get another extremely unlikely mutation over and over again to form a functioning organ even over billions of years than for plenty of missing intermediates between evolving species not to be fossilized over millions of years.
Okay, you made the above claim of your own free will: now prove it with empirical data. How have you measured the likelihood of the different scenarios you have laid out? Where are the hard data which show that one is more likely than the other?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  22:26:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And how am I to be sure none of those are ideas like Ramapithecus, Nebraska Man, or Java Man (except not just for between apes and humans) where some sad little evolutionist makes false assumptions or manipulates the evidence to fool everyone else into thinking that evolution is fact.
Bwahahaha! Liar, liar, pants on fire. Tipok, you're a sad little creationist if you feel the need to bring up "Nebraska Man" as an argument supporting how evolutionists are liars.

That, right there, demonstrates beyond any reasonable doubt, that you don't know a damn thing about the evolution/creation "debate" other than what you've been spoon-fed by your creationist overlords. Nebraska Man, of all things. Bwaahahahahahaahaha!

Let's hope you don't bring up Onyate Man, or I may just pee myself from laughing too hard.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  15:05:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The subject of transitional fossils is perhaps the smelliest red herring (not a transitional) that creationists have ever come up with. Not only are there transitional fossils, there are transitional species still living. Witness the monotremes, which have distinctly reptilian features to their skeletal structure, lay leathery eggs like a turtle or lizard, they have a rudimentary internal thermoregulatory system, are covered in fur, and provide milk for their young.

In addition, if evolution is true, and it is, then every single species alive, that has ever lived, or ever will live, is a transitional species - transitional between what it was and what it may become if conditions change and natural selection goes to work on it again.

This really isn't hard to understand.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  17:07:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Kil

Just for fun, check out all of these, from Talk Origins.

Transitional Vertebrate Fossils FAQ

Lots of transitional's, even at the species level.

And how am I to be sure none of those are ideas like Ramapithecus, Nebraska Man, or Java Man (except not just for between apes and humans) where some sad little evolutionist makes false assumptions or manipulates the evidence to fool everyone else into thinking that evolution is fact.
You can be sure by getting off your dead ass and researching it. Thus far, I have seen nothing from you but unsupported statements. That is not acceptable, not in here. Hand-waving simply doesn't cut it. So you're going to have to provide empirical support for your claims or you will not be taken seriously.

Nebraska Man indeed! Who do you think shot that hog's tooth down, some preacher?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.