Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  20:02:48  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Palin, governor of Alaska no more.

Wrap your head around this little bit from her, if you can. I know that each of the words is an actual word, but when she puts them together they just make no sense:
The decision (to quit) was made in the vacuum of what was best for Alaska, and now I'm accepting all the options, but there is nothing planned.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  20:38:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Palin said

The decision (to quit) was made in the vacuum of what was best for Alaska, and now I'm accepting all the options, but there is nothing planned.
Not even that sentence, apparently.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  21:28:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Palin said

Not even that sentence, apparently.
By Palin's thinking, merely because the sentence is unplanned is no justification to cavalierly abort it as if it were some unwanted fetus, or an unfinished gubernatorial term.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  23:59:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, that explains everything. She's been making her decisions inside an airless vacuum. No wonder her speeches all sounded like they were written under the affects of cerebral anoxia.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  10:42:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can scarcely describe how weary I am of that deplorable woman. She has become a pestilence in the media and a political dose of the clap.

But many Republicans -- mainly those suffering Bible-induced brain damage or frustrated libidos -- still want her to run for president.

Me, I wish her no ill, just that she'd go the hell home and shut the fuck up.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  19:27:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rachel Maddow's farewell to Sarah Palin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKn5UOxuJxU

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  10:32:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
William Shatner Reads Sarah Palin Farewell Speech

Had to fix the link but I don't know why...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  20:50:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't bothered to slog through it, but apparently she said that Alaska's best years are yet to come, or something like that. Well yeah lady, now that you're gone they can only get better. Probably the most accurate statement she has ever made.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  10:22:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

William Shatner Reads Sarah Palin Farewell Speech

Had to fix the link but I don't know why...

....This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NBC Universal.

Try this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/28/william-shatner-makes-pal_n_246034.html

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Edited by - astropin on 07/29/2009 10:27:15
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  13:37:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Todd and Sarah Palin to divorce.

Seems there might be a little trouble in paradise.

Affairs on both sides
Updated 10:22am AKDT

AlaskaReport has learned this morning that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage have confirmed the news.

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska.

The Palins were noticeably not speaking to each other at last Sunday's resignation speech in Fairbanks. Sarah ditched Todd (MSNBC) right after the speech and left without him. Sarah removed her wedding ring a couple of weeks ago.

Sarah has recently purchased land in Montana and is considering moving the family there. Sarah Palin is originally from Idaho...

"Goin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a dental floss tycoon" -- Frank Zappa

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  13:55:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Fascinating. I now no longer think that Palin resigned as Governor because of a major upcoming ethics charge. Trying to apply the logic of "political science" to an individual like Palin can make a person come up with wholly inaccurate predictions.

I now think she's simply too ignorant of politics, too thin-skinned, and too emotionally unstable to be able to remain in any public office. What a petty, vindictive, and ultimately self-destructive git. Gee, I hope she remains a Republican.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/01/2009 13:59:10
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  15:50:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Affairs on both sides
Updated 10:22am AKDT

AlaskaReport has learned this morning that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage have confirmed the news.

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska.

The Palins were noticeably not speaking to each other at last Sunday's resignation speech in Fairbanks. Sarah ditched Todd (MSNBC) right after the speech and left without him. Sarah removed her wedding ring a couple of weeks ago.

Sarah has recently purchased land in Montana and is considering moving the family there. Sarah Palin is originally from Idaho...

"Goin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a dental floss tycoon" -- Frank Zappa
Just another made up story from "journalists".

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  16:22:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or "Leftie bloggers," Robb.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  17:00:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, ha. Personally, I don't care whether she is getting a divorce or not. But it does look like this rumor has little to do with journalists. The only paper that reported it as far as I can tell is the one that I linked to.

Now, speaking of journalists, how about explaining that "birther" thing Robb? What were the folks at Fox News and Lou Dobbs going on about???

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  17:20:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read about that somewhere this morning. Didn't pay a lot of attention to it because, quite frankly, I am bone-weary of Miss Sarah's shenanigans and those of her family. People get divorced every day; sad but true. Ain't no big deal except when the property is divvied up.

Will she get un-hitched? I dunno. Or care.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  01:24:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well; that'd definitively explain it.

A whole dual hankie-pankie related divorce would certainly seriously damage the image she cultivated for herself.
We'll see, if it is real, it will be all over the media in no-time (because salacious sure do sell).

But... who knew 'nailin' Palin was actually a documentary!'

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.