Scientology defectors come forward
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  10:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strength in their numbers: More Church of Scientology defectors come forward with accounts of abuse

They are stepping forward — from Dallas and Denver, Portland, Las Vegas, Montana — talking about what happened, to them and their friends, during their years in the Church of Scientology.

Jackie Wolff wept as she recalled the chaotic night she was ordered to stand at a microphone in the mess hall and confess her "crimes" in front of 300 fellow workers, many jeering and heckling her.

Gary Morehead dredged up his recollection of Scientology leader David Miscavige punishing venerable church leaders by forcing them to live out of tents for days, wash with a garden hose and use an open latrine.

Steve Hall replayed his memory of a meeting when Miscavige grabbed the heads of two church executives and knocked them together. One came away with a bloody ear.

Mark Fisher remembered precisely what he told Miscavige after the punches stopped and Fisher touched his head, looked at his palm and saw blood.

These and other former Scientology staffers are talking now, inspired and emboldened by the raw revelations of four defectors from the church's executive ranks who broke years of silence in stories published recently by the St. Petersburg Times...

Read on. It only gets worse.

And the beat goes on. The Church of Scientology is a criminal organization. And yet its legitimacy is recognized by this country.

It boggles the mind...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  11:37:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trouble is that these are all anecdotal and also, you hear tales like this about lots of religious groups. The problem is proving the activities are taking place, and then proving that they are endorsed/sanctioned/ordered by the religion.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  11:41:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have not less than three thriving, little hives of these hitlerian scumbags here in North Carolina; Charlotte, Winston Salem and Greensboro. Here's a sample of their propaganda, intended to suck up to potential recruits. It consists mainly of people claiming how great Scientology has made them feel.
Scientologist Tim Holcomb is Now Better At Communicating
I am better at communicating with others no matter the type of individual or the content of conversation or the circumstance. It's easy now starting a conversation and getting along with others.
http://www.oursites.org/timholcomb

Thomas Goedeke, a Scientologist
Find out about Thomas and his personal experiences with Scientology philosophy in North Carolina. Find out what Scientology philosophy has done for him and what it can do for you.
http://scientologist.myhomepage.org/~thomasrgoedek

Scientologist Fred Katz Does a Communication Course
Fred talks about how the Scientology technology was the answer. “I went into New York City to check it out. I took a basic communication course. Almost immediately my confront of my surroundings and other people increased.”
http://www.our-home.org/fredjkatz
And so forth ad faecium.

This is a foulness, a bubonic blight upon the face of any town, state, country or continent that hosts or even tolerates any part of them. I've no doubt that the stories told in Kil's link are true, I've read and even heard others told by reliable people, indeed, too many to ignore.

Unfortunately, there is no contact button in the link I posted above so there is no way to drop the wolfen kiddies a profane, little love note, and it wouldn't make any difference if there was. They know they're hated by people who think.

I rather suspect that, as all the people mentioned in the article have e-address' available, contact must be made through them. Pretty cute, eh? Can you say: "Cat's paw?" or "Brainwashed victim of pseudo-religious grift?" or "Sucker?," because they'll never get an even break from the incubus' that now own their figurative souls.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.