Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  23:14:45  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Below are Google Street images. (Google Earth has even lower-resolution aerial imaging for this area.)

Down that dusty, dirt road, past the railroad crossing, you go a ways, then turn on the first dirt road on your right. Soon you'll come to someone's house. In the images, that house is just about invisible on the nearby apparent horizon, maybe somewhere behind that tree in the middle of the images.

1. Who lives there?

Click for full-sized version

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  23:33:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back a few years, my wife was talking to her mother, and trying to recall the name of a film we'd seen years before, when I walked in the door after work. She turned to me and asked in all seriousness, "do you remember that movie about that family?"

In other words, I suspect that there are a bazillion places that that image could have been taken, all with a house somewhere behind that tree over there.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  00:13:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George Bush's Crawford Ranch? Total stab in the dark. As Dave said, could be anywhere.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  00:19:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a weird one, yet I expect it may be answered all too quickly.

Sorry, H.H., wrong answer. I'll bet W. has everything paved to his door.

Hint #1: Most of the regulars here would recognize the person.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/15/2009 00:20:49
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  00:53:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mooner.....

Does the person live in Texas, Illinois, or Ohio?
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  00:55:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Verlch?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  01:11:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

Mooner.....

Does the person live in Texas, Illinois, or Ohio?
Hint # 2: Yes.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  01:12:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Originally posted by HalfMooner

Verlch?

Sadly, no.

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  01:25:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
{b]Mooner[/b].....

Well, all I know now is that the person is likely a SFN member, and lives just off South Memorial Street in either Texas, Illinois or Ohio. Somebody here can probably nail the person from this, but I haven't seen enough of the member's pictures.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  01:30:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, all I know now is that the person is likely a SFN member, and lives just off South Memorial Street in either Texas, Illinois or Ohio. Somebody here can probably nail the person from this, but I haven't seen enough of the member's pictures.
Hint # 3: The person isn't (as far as I know) a member of these fora.

Hint # 4: The person lives in Texas.

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  01:40:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anybody know anybody who lives in Reisel, Texas?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  02:07:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Anybody know anybody who lives in Reisel, Texas?
Hint # 5: Oh, you're good.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/15/2009 02:10:33
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  02:31:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh,you're good.

Oh Mooner, I know, but not good enough to name the sumbich.

The googlegod has deserted me and only Dave has the cybernetic chops necessary to pull this one out of your ass and shake it in our faces----- so wrap it up, oh Oracle of Omniscience, you are the regular of regulars here and you must have memorized every face Moon has Imageshopped onto his incredible panoply of pastiches over the years. If you can't do it, it can't be done!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  03:30:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oh,you're good.

Oh Mooner, I know, but not good enough to name the sumbich.

The googlegod has deserted me and only Dave has the cybernetic chops necessary to pull this one out of your ass and shake it in our faces----- so wrap it up, oh Oracle of Omniscience, you are the regular of regulars here and you must have memorized every face Moon has Imageshopped onto his incredible panoply of pastiches over the years. If you can't do it, it can't be done!
In that case, I'm even more amazed that you came up with the name of the local town. This would have been fairly straightforward if one were working backward from the name of the person. Did you Google the street name in Texas, and then look at elevations on a map?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  07:48:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it's Riesel, Texas, then the answer is Bill Dembski.

Edited to add that I've known this bit of trivia since 2004.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  09:51:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mooner and Dave (again).......

Maybe not elementary, my dear Datsun, but not all that difficult.

1. Go to full-sized version.
2. Magnify
3. Locate dusty street name in upper right hand corner
4. Insert street name in Google Earth
5. Google Earth provides 3 choices - Texas, Illinois, and Ohio; also towns.
6. Wheedle name of state out of Torquemada (Mooner)
7. Throw town and state out to the Audience.
8. Wait for Dave to respond.
9. When he does not respond immediately, use cunning flattery/insult to coax him from his lair.
10.BINGO! Dave comes up on cue!

This is all just simple mechanics. The real genius will be if I can gammon Mooner into giving me all of the points that Dave's totally disgusting eidetic memory has won!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.