Dennis Markuze threatening to kill PZ Myers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  00:23:34  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A blithering, unhinged religious idiot uses sockpuppets to spam us here with his insanity from time to time, usually with the general theme that James Randi owes him a million dollars, and that all skeptics are evil.

That idiot is a Canadian in Monteal, Dennis Markuze. Markuze calls himself "David Mabus" and compares himself to Nostradamus.

Markuze is far worse than a mere troll or spammer, or even your garden-variety wingnut. He's a dangerous lunatic. He's way off his meds, and needs to be institutionalized, pronto. Before he kills someone or is himself killed in self-defense.

Markuze is now openly threatening to murder PZ Myers (to whom a hat tip):
i will execute you. the police wont save you

God told me to MURDER you...

pz and his entire family will burn in HELL...
police won't save that fucker from me...

you will be executed without mercy...

you have forfeit your lives...
and the police wont save you...

see, the entire university is going to be destroyed because of blaspheming PZ...
this will be sent to every member of the University...

police won't save that fucker from me...

did you know that blasphemy is punishable by DEATH and I am here to execute all of you?
Edited to add: Anyone know where there's a picture of this Markuze waste of biomass?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/18/2009 02:07:04

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  06:26:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think PZ should have publicized this. This Markuze just wants to see his name being discussed, and to see people fretting about it, to feed his pathetic ego. And PZ has done just that. If it were me, I would have contacted the authorities, but kept it quiet otherwise.

All that being said, I hope this worthless piece of shit is found and prosecuted to fullest extent of the law, and if he truly needs psychiatric help, then he gets that too.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  06:55:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

I don't think PZ should have publicized this. This Markuze just wants to see his name being discussed, and to see people fretting about it, to feed his pathetic ego. And PZ has done just that. If it were me, I would have contacted the authorities, but kept it quiet otherwise.

All that being said, I hope this worthless piece of shit is found and prosecuted to fullest extent of the law, and if he truly needs psychiatric help, then he gets that too.
Attention may be (certainly is!) what Markuze wants, but what he needs and is now likely to get is some kind of incarceration. If he enjoys that kind of attention, let him have that pleasure.

I think that, since Markuze started threatening the lives of PZ and his family, it was pretty much incumbent upon Myers to make the biggest impact possible with the Canadian authorities.

Like any bureaucracy, the RCMP is likely to respond in proportion to the number and intensity of complaints by citizens of its own country. Markuze has gone from irritation to deadly threat. To me, PZ's action just makes sense. PZ's leveraging his influence (something he's an expert at) into Canada to protect his family.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/18/2009 06:57:24
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  09:19:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
David Mabus is very well known, and has posted both as a member and then as a banned sockpuppet here at SFN. And yes, he is unhinged. A couple of years ago, he was issuing death threats against James Randi for cheating him out of a prize that he never even entered to win. Some of us were becoming alarmed. There were lots of emails from him hitting our mail boxes. (They still show up from time to time.)

A little over a years ago, at the IIG award show honoring Randi with their Houdini award, at the CFI West, the night after TAM6 had adjourned, I got the chance to talk with Randi about David Mabus. It was away from TAM, and the smallish crowd allowed Randi the time for an actual conversation with us. On this night, he actually approached me and Michelle because he probably recognized us from earlier encounters with him, including a dinner with him that we had the good fortune of attending, and of course, seeing him around TAM. What he said to us at that time still rings true. "It's the quiet ones you have to worry about."

Dennis Markuze aka David Mabus is anything but quiet. Deranged yes, but quiet, no. Randi is still alive and I suspect that PZ is probably safe from harm, beyond having to put up with Mazurke's bluster. DM's rantings has, of late, been primarily directed at atheists. So it's not really all that surprising that he has singled out PZ Myers in much the same way he singled out Randi.
The thing is, and I do hope I'm right about this, which is based on Randi's insight, is that PZ is probably safe from any physical harm at the hands of Dennis Markuze.

On the other hand, I am all for calling the authorities on his ass. Enough is enough...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  10:50:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest, I'm seriously thinking this man picked up his internet moniker David Mabus from Skeptic Friends Network. Both Dave_W. and I handled him here, and I certainly handled him at Skepticality.
This place and Skepticality are the first places I've heard about him, back in... was it 2004? Membership register says "drmabus" registered March 2006, after he was a well established Nostradamus spammer (I can't find the posts he made before he started posting as drmabus.

Username Kilik made a number of Nostradamus posts (but others too). He too operated from Canada, and though he was banned from SFN in november 2005, it's not inconcievable that he re-registered as drmabus ~4 months later.. Especially since Kilik had a run-into both me and Dave.

Kilik's ISP and drmabus will probably differ, but that's only logical if Kilik got booted: I did report Kilik's abuse over at Skeptiality to his ISP.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 09/18/2009 10:53:59
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  12:52:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was a kilik on the JREF forum, too (now banned). I don't remember him as being angry, aggressive and abusive like Markuze's assorted usernames. The kilik I remember would be better described as "impenetrable".

The two personas were so different, and the mabus types so completely locked into a distinctive repeating pattern of behavior that I would very much doubt that they were the same person.

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  14:11:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ktesibios

There was a kilik on the JREF forum, too (now banned). I don't remember him as being angry, aggressive and abusive like Markuze's assorted usernames. The kilik I remember would be better described as "impenetrable".

I don't recall Dennis Markuze starting out very abusive in the beginning, and the characters Kilik and Mabus don't overlap. Neither here nor at Skepticality (as far as I currently know without specifically researching it). And Kilik became more abusive toward the end, so devolving from Kilik to David Mabus seems like a natural progression to me.

The two personas were so different, and the mabus types so completely locked into a distinctive repeating pattern of behavior that I would very much doubt that they were the same person.

Well, you could be right. I'll leave the question of the connection between Kilik and Dave Mabus open.
I still believe (without having enough facts behind it) that Dave Mabus got his online name from us.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  17:44:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

A couple of years ago, he was issuing death threats against James Randi for cheating him out of a prize that he never even entered to win.
I didn't know -- or maybe forgot -- he'd threatened Randi's life, too.

Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  20:09:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The RCMP are not the least bit interested in this. I just called.

The Saskatoon police department will, as is their wont, be perfectly useless. They'd probably mail him a gun.

This looks like it will have to be handles between the respective municipal police departments where P.Z. Myers is and Montreal.

Now, if you can get Merkuze to threaten me...

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  20:25:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by dglas

The RCMP are not the least bit interested in this. I just called.

The Saskatoon police department will, as is their wont, be perfectly useless. They'd probably mail him a gun.

This looks like it will have to be handles between the respective municipal police departments where P.Z. Myers is and Montreal.

Now, if you can get Merkuze to threaten me...
If repeated and explicit terroristic threats upon a Canadian fundy and his family had come from a crazed Yank atheist, I suspect our FBI would be responsive to a Canadian citizen who reported it to them. Or would at least make inquiries, I'd hope. Or does this sort of stuff have to go through foreign ministers? Even if it did, the RCMP should start that process, it seems.

Something sure doesn't smell right about the RCMP. They can't all be tied up driving dog sleds to Whitehorse, can they? Wrong season, right? And what's with the Saskatoon constabulary?

Would it be best if PZ reported death threats from a foreigner directly to our Department of Homeland Security?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/18/2009 20:28:27
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  20:39:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PZ's update:
I got many excellent and informed suggestions on how to handle the death threats a certain deranged spammer has been making here, and I've acted on them. I gathered together all of the crazy posts he made over the course of one evening, and printed them out in very small print - it made for a small 61 page book, which would be impressive if it weren't so repetitive and vapid. I took it down to the local police station, along with what little we know about Markuze's addresses, IP numbers, email, and phone numbers, and plopped it down in front of a police officer.

He was amazed. He said they occasionally get to handle internet threats, but it's usually a few rude remarks texted via cell phone by an angry teenager. The sustained lunacy of Markuze has set a new standard for crazy in Morris, Minnesota. So Dennis has accomplished something in his life at last.

It is now entirely in the hands of law enforcement, and all further complaints will wend their ponderous way through official channels. Our local police will talk to the Montreal police and alert them to the loon on a hair trigger in their midst, and will also alert national law agencies; I hope Mr Markuze has no plans to travel to the US at any time in the near future, because he may have some difficulties at the border.

But we're all done. Please go back to ignoring his ravings, and I'll go back to quietly deleting them.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  20:48:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

PZ's update:
I got many excellent and informed suggestions on how to handle the death threats a certain deranged spammer has been making here, and I've acted on them. I gathered together all of the crazy posts he made over the course of one evening, and printed them out in very small print - it made for a small 61 page book, which would be impressive if it weren't so repetitive and vapid. I took it down to the local police station, along with what little we know about Markuze's addresses, IP numbers, email, and phone numbers, and plopped it down in front of a police officer.

He was amazed. He said they occasionally get to handle internet threats, but it's usually a few rude remarks texted via cell phone by an angry teenager. The sustained lunacy of Markuze has set a new standard for crazy in Morris, Minnesota. So Dennis has accomplished something in his life at last.

It is now entirely in the hands of law enforcement, and all further complaints will wend their ponderous way through official channels. Our local police will talk to the Montreal police and alert them to the loon on a hair trigger in their midst, and will also alert national law agencies; I hope Mr Markuze has no plans to travel to the US at any time in the near future, because he may have some difficulties at the border.

But we're all done. Please go back to ignoring his ravings, and I'll go back to quietly deleting them.

Now, that sounds like things are on the right track!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  21:46:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.
But we're all done. Please go back to ignoring his ravings, and I'll go back to quietly deleting them.[/i][/bq]

Good deal. Hopefully he will now get the help he needs.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.