Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 The Greatest Show on Earth, as reviewed....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  05:33:50  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
.... by Ignorant Cretinous Retards. Limk
Dawkins' Latest Book: The Greatest Lie on Earth
by Brian Thomas, M.S.*

Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion and perhaps today’s most famous Darwin apologist, has a new book that hit bookstores this month. The Greatest Show on Earth promises to meet his high standard of creative and convincing tale-telling.

“Evolution leaves God with nothing to do,” Dawkins wrote in a Wall Street Journal article that posted before the book’s launch. Then, revealing a stunningly pantheistic faith, he asserted that “life is arguably the most surprising and most beautiful production that the laws of physics have ever generated.”1

But does the book present support for this assessment from the actions of those same physical laws? One favorable review, published in The Guardian, indicated that while The Greatest Show on Earth “demonstrates once again [Dawkins’] consummate skill as an explainer,” the science covered by the book mostly rehashed “pretty standard stuff.”2

Just as Dawkins’ reasoning in his WSJ essay was missing key information regarding how physical laws could spontaneously generate life, his new book also fails to address the robust body of evidence that defies the Darwinism he preaches. For example, the book completely ignores the growing problem of “stasis,” or the mismatch of evolution’s supposedly constant change over time with the observed stability of many life forms that remain totally unchanged for assumed eons of evolutionary time.2
Here we go again. This nincompoop insists that the ToE explain "origins," that is, abiogenesis. He knows perfectly well that this research is still far from the point where any definitive statement can be made and thus, he cheats his readers as well as his own faith with the falsehood of intentional omission. He does not cheat his organization, however. They encourage that sort of thing.

But I see no reason to, apart from perhaps a little raucous laughter, get excited about this; hell, they all do it. They all do it, you see, because that is all they have left for an arguing point. 'Most everything is clewed down tightly enough that they have no case.

Example: let some benighted soul come in here drooling through a sneer as to how there are no transitional fossils, and watch how fast he/she gets buried in them. That's an oldie but goodie and I love to see it coming.

It's kinda sad, really, that otherwise sensible people subscribe to such nonsense, turning empty eye-socket and granite tympanum to the obvious lie.

Incidentally, I could be wrong, but I think that the "M.S." following Mr. Thomas' name stands for "Master of Science," a home-brewed diploma handed out by ICR. If so, much has already been explained.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/24/2009 05:35:15

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  05:54:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

.... by Ignorant Cretinous Retards. Limk
Dawkins' Latest Book: The Greatest Lie on Earth
by Brian Thomas, M.S.*

Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion and perhaps today’s most famous Darwin apologist, has a new book that hit bookstores this month. The Greatest Show on Earth promises to meet his high standard of creative and convincing tale-telling.

“Evolution leaves God with nothing to do,” Dawkins wrote in a Wall Street Journal article that posted before the book’s launch. Then, revealing a stunningly pantheistic faith, he asserted that “life is arguably the most surprising and most beautiful production that the laws of physics have ever generated.”1

But does the book present support for this assessment from the actions of those same physical laws? One favorable review, published in The Guardian, indicated that while The Greatest Show on Earth “demonstrates once again [Dawkins’] consummate skill as an explainer,” the science covered by the book mostly rehashed “pretty standard stuff.”2

Just as Dawkins’ reasoning in his WSJ essay was missing key information regarding how physical laws could spontaneously generate life, his new book also fails to address the robust body of evidence that defies the Darwinism he preaches. For example, the book completely ignores the growing problem of “stasis,” or the mismatch of evolution’s supposedly constant change over time with the observed stability of many life forms that remain totally unchanged for assumed eons of evolutionary time.2
Here we go again. This nincompoop insists that the ToE explain "origins," that is, abiogenesis. He knows perfectly well that this research is still far from the point where any definitive statement can be made and thus, he cheats his readers as well as his own faith with the falsehood of intentional omission. He does not cheat his organization, however. They encourage that sort of thing.

But I see no reason to, apart from perhaps a little raucous laughter, get excited about this; hell, they all do it. They all do it, you see, because that is all they have left for an arguing point. 'Most everything is clewed down tightly enough that they have no case.

Example: let some benighted soul come in here drooling through a sneer as to how there are no transitional fossils, and watch how fast he/she gets buried in them. That's an oldie but goodie and I love to see it coming.

It's kinda sad, really, that otherwise sensible people subscribe to such nonsense, turning empty eye-socket and granite tympanum to the obvious lie.

Incidentally, I could be wrong, but I think that the "M.S." following Mr. Thomas' name stands for "Master of Science," a home-brewed diploma handed out by ICR. If so, much has already been explained.

I doubt that tard even read GSoE. I just received my advance-order copy from Amazon yesterday. (I'll see Dawkins and get it autographed on Oct 7.) I'll post my comments at SFN soon, I hope.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.