Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  03:52:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Taylor Ray-Jones

it wasnt a stunt gone wrong.... the actual "controlled slide" went just fine. at the top of the cliff you could see where his " slide marks" stopped and foot prints walked to the edge of the cliff, maybe to take a look. from there we "think" he lost his footing . you could see where his foot prints turned around and then there was prints/tracks that looked like he slipped or fell turning around to walk back to the trail, he had a ruck sack on that probably wieghed 35-40 pounds and could have thrown his balance off

I sympathize. But I too have buried friends over the years and none of them were doing something so monstrously stupid, unless you count joining the military and/or riding motorcycles insane behavior.

But everybody dies. I will, you will, everybody. The trick is to put it off as long as possible, and one way to accomplish that is to not commit dangerous acts unless you know what you are doing. Evidently, cousin Jake was unfamiliar with the laws of basic, Newtonian physics (a body in motion tends to remain in motion; a body at rest tends to remain at rest) and gravity (what goes up -- and so forth). And wearing that heavy rucksack while doing it compounds the matter.

Yes, I sympathize. It’s not easy to lose someone close, but the Darwin remains deserved.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Yequan
Spammer

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  02:37:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Yequan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am the mother side of him and his family, you must Jasons side, if you are then it is no doubt you call an 18-year-old boy dead idiot, you have a butt like his father .... and halfmooner you a piece of A dog feces it!

Deleted spam. Kil
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  04:00:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Yequan

I am the mother side of him and his family, you must Jasons side, if you are then it is no doubt you call an 18-year-old boy dead idiot, you have a butt like his father .... and halfmooner you a piece of A dog feces it!

Yequan, please take a little more time with your writing. Atrocious grammar takes the sting and indeed, much of the meaning out of the insult. Now back it up and try again....

What I think happened is that Jake did his "controlled" slide, hit the flat spot off balance, likely due to the heavy rucksack, and stumbled over the edge.

No family is immune to stupidity. Hell, we've even got a member who has been picking up venomous snakes off & on for nearly 60 years. That idiot is still alive. Go figger.

But idiocy is as idiocy does, and the Darwin remains deserved. Should our (now retired) snake wrangler die of an overdose of pit viper spit, his will be deserved as well.

Edited to add: I just remembered, ol’ Rattler wouldn’t be eligible for a coveted Darwin, as he has already passed on his genetic material, hopelessly contaminating the gene pool. That’s not acceptable for a full Darwin Award, but he would be eligible for an Honorable Mention, which is almost as good.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 05/24/2011 17:08:18
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.