America Becoming Less Christian
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  14:55:44  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The results of this survey probably come as no surprise to many of us. What I found particularly interesting about this article is who the author chose to interview and the reasons given for why fewer people call themselves Christian. Nonbelievers, oddly enough, were not asked why they don't identify themselves with a religion. Instead we're given wild guesses by Christians. I think the article is horribly unfair. The reasons are typical poop. I think a lot of us dismiss religion for reasons other than a shift to individualism. Puh-leeeeeze.

You can read the article here.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  15:36:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I suppose they have to blame it on something, but I must ask: could it be that people looked for God, failed to find any sign him, or worse, and continued on to think for themselves? That would put the ball, lying sadly deflated, squarely in the church's court.

Spiritually speaking, the blind will follow the blind willingly enough, but the sighted usually will not.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/29/2009 15:41:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds.