Sarah Palin NAKED again!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  07:32:06  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see that woke you up. Works every time!

The reason I'm posting this is to state that I lack the vocabulary to describe how weary I am with the antics of this preposterous woman. Since her book is finished, she is hitting the road on a book-pimping tour, starting this very day on Oprah. I don't watch Oprah and shall, happily, miss it.

"And what pray, does this have to do with with Creation/Evolution?"

Well:
Report: In her memoir, Palin says she doesn’t believe in evolution.

In the past, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has been cagey about her views on creationism and evolution, saying that she believes “we have a creator” but she didn’t want “to pretend I know how all this came to be.” But in her new memoir, Going Rogue, Palin apparently writes that she doesn’t believe in evolution. New York Times reviewer Michiko Kakutani writes:

Elsewhere in this volume, she talks about creationism, saying she “didn’t believe in the theory that human beings — thinking, loving beings — originated from fish that sprouted legs and crawled out of the sea” or from “monkeys who eventually swung down from the trees.” In everything that happens to her, from meeting Todd to her selection by Mr. McCain for the Republican ticket, she sees the hand of God: “My life is in His hands. I encourage readers to do what I did many years ago, invite Him in to take over.”

That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

I read somewhere that "if Palin is the Republican nominee for President, it will be the longest suicide note for a political platform in history."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  07:54:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't believe in evolution either....

and neither do most evilutionists.

Thanks for joining the ranks, Sarah!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  08:56:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, there are lots of people who don't believe in the ToE. Indeed, when you add in those who merely accept it for lack of a better explanation, that that just about covers everybody.

Evolution sucks like a lamprey on a scupper trout.

How much better and simpler it would be if the Biblical account were true. We would not have this confounding diversity of ever-changing species and the stupid fossil record would be such a jumbled mess in a single strata that it would be scarcely be worthwhile to study it. Indeed, the science of Biology, especially as pertains to genetics, would be futile and as for Astronomy -- f'geddaboddit.

Hey, y'know what? I take it all back; evolution rocks & rolls like Woodstock!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  17:00:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Pleco's post meant that he does not *believe* in the theory of evolution as much as he accepted it and find it a compelling explanation.

One should not just *believe* in it. It's science, not faith...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.