Climategate and the Disco Toot.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2009 :  08:33:45  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The kettle of religious sludgewits at the Discovery Institute are having a joyous circle jerk over the hacked e-mails. For some reason, unfathomable to anyone with a working intellect, they seem to think it vindicates all of their fantasies.
Discovery Institute Creationists Thrilled About 'Climategate'
Environment | Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 5:47:18 pm PST

Another right wing group working overtime to capitalize on the stolen CRU email “scandal:” the dishonest creationist wackos at the Discovery Institute. And as usual, they take the idiocy to a whole new level, claiming that the CRU emails discredit all of modern science. Yes, really.

The Sensuous Curmudgeon has a good rundown of their latest incredibly strange theocratic rant: Discovery Institute: The Mask Falls Away.

Here's another link, from Green Footballs that's a good read.

So, how 'bout them ol' E-mails, anyway? Well....
Hot »Financial Crisis | Dubai | Banks | Asia | HSBC | Gold ... more topics Download The Entire Leaked Climate Emails
Joe Weisenthal|Nov. 21, 2009, 3:51 PM | 6,014 |33
PrintTags: Global Warming, Scandals
It's now been confirmed that the allegedly leaked emails of top climate scientists are, in which they express some reservations about the info they present to the public, are, in fact, real.

If you're interested, you can download the entire, monster .zip file at Wikileaks.

Karl Denninger, in his enthusiastic manner (which we mean in a good way), has been going through the emails, and plucking out interesting bits:

Contained within the documents are what appear to be admissions of intentional tampering with data as well as intentional falsification of results to "show" man-made global warming.

One of the emails says:

"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."

That is, to hide a decline in global temperatures.

It gets better. Another message, this one allegedly from 2000:

It was good to see you again yesterday - if briefly. One particular thing you said - and we agreed - was about the IPCC reports and the broader climate negotiations were working to the globalisation agenda driven by organisations like the WTO. So my first question is do you have anything written or published, or know of anything particularly on this subject, which talks about this in more detail?

Oh, so it's not about the planet getting warmer, but rather is a convenient means of advancing an agenda that has already been pre-determined?

Then there's this:

In my (perhaps too
> > harsh)
> > view, there have been a number of dishonest presentations of model
> > results by individual authors and by IPCC. This is why I still use
> > results from MAGICC to compare with observed temperatures. At least
> > here I can assess how sensitive matches are to sensitivity and
> > forcing assumptions/uncertainties.

(Pardon the formatting, it's text-mode email 'yanno.)

Guess who that was addressed to? Michael Mann. You know, the (infamous and now discredited) "Mann Hockey Stick"?

Guess where that email originated? NASA.

Read the whole thing >
I've only read a few of them and while I think it's a great deal about not-very-much, I'll reserve further comment until those better versed in the science than I take a crack at it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.