Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Creation/Evolution
 Pretty damn' shameless, if you ask me...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  15:10:49  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken Ham attempts to thrust his talons into the pockets of the faithful to gouge out one last big gouge for the further creation of utter bullshit. His rational is this:
Isaiah 58:12 Those from among you Shall build the old waste places; You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.

Highly inspiring, but not inspiring enough to make us forget the saying: "A fool a his money are soon parted." I suspect some variation that one was around well before the bible.
Knowing the ministry opportunities that the Lord has placed before us for 2010 and how critical year-end giving is to those efforts, an Answers in Genesis supporter has offered to match, dollar-for-dollar, every gift that is made online from now until December 25—up to $225,000!

And who pray, is this generous benefactor and how much has he/she donated to such legitimate, charitable organizations as the food banks? You know, outfits that actually help people.
This incredible gift matching opportunity, with your support, will provide the ministry with well over half of our year-end online giving goal of $750,000.

Here's a thought: If I wanted to super-shill something with a doublage, I'd do it out of my own pocket through a front. That way, I could hope to con a little more money from the suckers at no cost to myself. Hmm, Ken? That tax exempt status opens the door to all sorts of knavery, doesn't it? Just a thought.
Every week we hear of how God has used the Answers in Genesis ministry to change lives—like these recent testimonies:

There follows a couple of lame accolades that are not worth comment.
“Your Answers book ‘saved’ my life and soul. I used to be a firm believer in evolution (it was all I was taught), but God worked through you to show me the truth. Thank you all so much.”
—B. S., Rossville, IN

“God used your magnificent museum to renew and strengthen my faith and answer my questions about dinosaurs.”
—K. S., Bridgeview, IL

And yet, as researchers have shown, and as we have outlined in our new book Already Gone, two-thirds of young people will walk away from the church.

Good on them, as they now have the chance to live their lives productively without the anchor of mythology holding them in place.
The Already Gone research showed that, by and large, our church youth are not taught how to defend the Christian faith, how to connect the Bible to the real world, and how to understand the Bible as a book of history that is foundational to our entire worldview.

Exactly! And if the Christian faith, or any of them, were worth defending, you wouldn't have to.... Bible as a history text my ass!
This is not a time to for us to shrink back. With bold plans to provide a solution to this “youth exodus” problem, we want to produce an entire apologetics/biblical authority/gospel-based curriculum for the church—from kindergarten through adult. It would be an 18-month, $500,000 undertaking. We need your partnership now more than ever!

I'm sure you do. But y'see, when people start thinking for themselves, they tend to like it. They realize that they don't really need a carny huckster in a pious facade to advise them on anything.
Will you help us restore the foundations of the church and our nation with a special year-end gift?

I certainly will -- how much composition explosive do you think it will take to create the Creation Museum hole? Get that donated and I'll match it.
Your gift today will allow us to finish the year strong and “jump-start” the curriculum project and other vital outreaches for the church and your family in 2010.

I can see the church getting fat from this, but what's the benefit for my family? Oh, right, we'll get our reward in Heaven -- the same empty words we hear falling from sanctimonious lips ad nauseum.
Thank you for your faithful support as we stand together on the authority of God’s Word!

What authority? Mere faith don't cut no ice, nor will it feed a starving, Third World child a single meal. Nor an American one, for that matter.
Have your gift matched before December 25.

Damn straight! Gotta have that money now, so that we can spread our ignorance wider and faster.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.