Once a Nazi, always a Nazi?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  12:26:41  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is interesting. It seems that Pope Benny is promoting the defunct and little missed Pope Pius XII for beautification. This particular Pious was the Vatican honcho-in-a-skirt & funny hat during Hitler's failed genocide endeavor & European conquest, and Benny, aka Ratzenberger, if I've spelled that right, was himself a Hitler Youth.
Pope Benedict promotes Pope Pius XII for sainthood
by Chris in Paris on 12/22/2009 03:46:00 AM

Is it really that difficult to see the problem here? Is the Vatican and Pope Benedict honestly this tone deaf? Obviously they haven't been listening nor do they care.

The Vatican archives from 1939 t0 1945 have been sealed, so although we might suspect that Pious XII was a collaborating scumbag, we can't document it. And that will never change.

The Church has much to answer for, even beyond it's penchant for pedophilia.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  02:54:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not surprised at all: a former Hitler Jugend promoting the actions of a Nazi collaborator. Somehow the current Vatican spokesmen assuring us that Benedict's past is just that, a thing of the past, rings very hollow.
When Jesus supposedly said "you're forgiven. Go, and sin no more" everyone in the Vatican seems to have had such a short attention-span they only got the first part...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  21:50:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Hitler Youth membership was mandatory from 1936 onwards, a time when the future pope was only 9 years old. He was supposed to have been a member at the age of 14. So it's safe to say if he didn't join of his own free will, he would've been forced to attend.
I personally feel it's a little dishonest the way people exclude this important information so I'm bringing it to the attention of any who were unaware.
The only relevance I could see for bringing this up is if you're suggesting that the brainwashing activities of the group have shaped his personality irreparably. If such brainwashing was even taking place, or taking place effectively.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 01/02/2010 21:51:58
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  03:10:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

The Hitler Youth membership was mandatory from 1936 onwards,
Citation, please.

As far as I know, it was mandatory for aryans, but does Ratzinger count as aryan?
Ok, I just read wikipedia, and it says Ratzinger was conscripted into Hitler Youth in 1941 at the age of 14.

So it's safe to say if he didn't join of his own free will, he would've been forced to attend.
I personally feel it's a little dishonest the way people exclude this important information so I'm bringing it to the attention of any who were unaware.
I think you're right in doing so.

Still, his current actions as Pope casts his dislike for Nazism into doubt.

The only relevance I could see for bringing this up is if you're suggesting that the brainwashing activities of the group have shaped his personality irreparably. If such brainwashing was even taking place, or taking place effectively.
I refuse to believe that the Pope is so uninformed that he doesn't know that condoms give a measure of protection against HIV. Yet, he goes on record saying that condoms aggravate the aids-problem in Africa.
Working for nothing but abstinence in Africa and against other solutions is cynical, because it's actively using human nature and local culture against the population. That's eugenics by means of social engineering. Not as directly hands-on as the 1940s Nazi eugenics program, but just as sinister.

So forgive me being judgmental, but Ratzinger stinks to high heaven.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  11:22:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't claim to know the Pope, but Catholicism has a long history of disapproval of many forms of contraception, I don't think you have to be in the Hitler Youth to maintain that status quo. The way I see it, the Pope is just being a proper Catholic.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 01/03/2010 11:23:35
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  12:37:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I don't claim to know the Pope, but Catholicism has a long history of disapproval of many forms of contraception, I don't think you have to be in the Hitler Youth to maintain that status quo. The way I see it, the Pope is just being a proper Catholic.

Like that's a good thing?

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  13:10:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The way I see it, the Pope is just being a proper Catholic.
...and the Catholic church has a history of cooperating with Nazis. Instead of taking a passive stand against Nazism by promoting John Paul II for sainthood, the current Pope is actively promoting a Nazi collaborator.

Which is why I think the current pope is a pile of dreck.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.