Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  16:38:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323
That's more in line with the binary yes/no code... do it (1) don't do it (0)

That's Boolean Algebra. Binary is the representation of numbers in base 2, using only the digits 0 and 1.

Here's a clue. I know perfectly well what binary is.

No. You don't.

- TW
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  16:45:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just a frail 84 year old man with no teeth. Why are you so scared of me?

And fishing for sympathy won't work, either. In your alledged 84 years, you should have learned better.
>>

I'm really not the terrible threat you guys seem to think I am. That's the point I was trying to make. I don't sleep in a coffin during the day,
draw blood from necks with my pointy teeth, and you don't have to drive a stake through my heart to get rid of me.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  16:52:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And fishing for sympathy won't work, either. In your alledged 84 years, you should have learned better.
>>

I'm really not the terrible threat you guys seem to think I am. That's the point I was trying to make. I don't sleep in a coffin during the day,
draw blood from necks with my pointy teeth, and you don't have to drive a stake through my heart to get rid of me.

cantbe323

Believe me, no one here regards you as a threat. Quite the contrary.

Now, as to our Paleontology debate, I'm awaiting rebuttal.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  17:15:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cantbe323:
I'm really not the terrible threat you guys seem to think I am. That's the point I was trying to make. I don't sleep in a coffin during the day, draw blood from necks with my pointy teeth, and you don't have to drive a stake through my heart to get rid of me.

The problem isn't that you're a threat to anyone. Hell, you haven't actually made a case for any of your assertions. So where's the threat? No no... The problem is that even being the troll that you are, you have become boring to us. In fact, you just might be the first troll that we have ever banned, not for trolling, which we have a pretty high tolerance for, but for being a freaking bore.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  17:51:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's got 'till tomorrow to rebut me; then it's "fare the well...."

I was hoping for a formal debate; just he and I in the thread, but he jumped the gun. Ah well, as in horseshoes and hand grenades, we've got to accept what we can get and call it close enough.

It wouldn't have been much of a cage match, anyway.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  02:51:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You are delusional. Who said anything that could remotely be interpreted as being scared?

I'm just bored to tears by your constant sidestepping. You add negative intellectual value to this board, and as soon as you're gone the better.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  04:59:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once upon a time -- this is anecdote indicative of nothing -- I was looking for iron pyrites. A science teacher told us about them and how to find them, and would give extra credit for any that we brought in. So, there I was, knee deep in a mountain stream near DeSoto State Park, in north Georgia with a mason's hammer in lue of a geologist's pick, looking for small, black cobbles of slate. I'd find one, tap it with the hammer, and it would easily bust open. The pyrites were so common that it quickly became boring, so keeping the best of them, I decided to look for fossils. I discovered that this required a different technique. Instead of just busting the cobble, I had to find the grain of it and gently split it.

Did I find a fossil? Well, yes and no. I didn't find one in the various stones I split and examined, but knocking off for a for a rest and to freshen my chew, I sat down on a sandstone outcrop, and there I discovered the fossilized trunk of a tree of perhaps 8 inches in diameter. It was partially eroded out of the sandstone and was much too large to dig out and carry off, even had I the tools to do it.

The next Monday, I got high marks for my excellent pyrites, but nobody believed me about the tree. Mr Pease hollered at me for going on about it and to this day, I'm a little miffed about that.

cantbe323, you are neglecting our debate. Paleontology, wasn't it?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  11:49:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You are delusional. Who said anything that could remotely be interpreted as being scared?
>>

Not scared, good. I don't want to hurt anyone for any reason.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  12:33:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

>>

Not scared, good. I don't want to hurt anyone for any reason.

cantbe323
Very good. Now, about that Paleontology debate; why are you avoiding it?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  04:38:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The tectonic plates have been busy. First Haiti and now Chile.

I am also reading that a series of minor earthquakes have been recorded around the Yellowstone caldera.

What, if any, is yor take on this, cantbe?

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 02/27/2010 13:26:24
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  12:53:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am also reading that a series of minor earthquakes have been recorded around the Yellowstone caldera.

What, if any, is yor take on this, cantbe? >>

Scientists will probably announce richter scale reading, claim they knew it was coming, just didn't know when or where, and pick a long known recognized faults closest to it as the cause, might even say the other quakes were after shocks. ... And maybe alarmists will demand that thermal generators be shut down.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  14:06:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What, if any, is yor take on this, cantbe? >>

Scientists will probably announce richter scale reading, claim they knew it was coming, just didn't know when or where, and pick a long known recognized faults closest to it as the cause, might even say the other quakes were after shocks. ... And maybe alarmists will demand that thermal generators be shut down.

cantbe323
Oh, you are so full of shit! Do you even know what a caldera is? From your inane drivel, I rather doubt it. Did you know that the beautiful Yellowstone National Park is nothing more than the caldera of a huge, active volcano? I rather doubt that as well.

But no matter, Paleontologists -- persons of interest to us if you will slither out from your intellectual hollow log to actually debate the topic -- won't have much to do with it other than performing radiometric dating tests on the igneous rock produced by it, some time in the far distant future.

So, when are you going to rebut my radiometric dating post in our so-called debate? Ever?

Thought not. Candyass!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds.