Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  15:17:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

Face it now. All you have to go by is charts made by pseudoscientists. You can't see the actual slippage or the fault.
Of course! HalfMooner lives just blocks from the phenomenon he was describing, so there's no way he could have seen the offsets for himself, he must be relying on "charts made by pseudoscientists," instead.
I was in the middle of all the major CA quakes... 1933, 1952, 1971, and I never found out what caused them.
So you're at least 77, and haven't figured out how geology works as a science, yet. Thanks for the info.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  15:19:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Einstein OTOH, was more like a con artist. He stole ideas while he was a patent clerk, and faked his light bending theory by doctoring his photos of the 1919 solar eclipse. The last part was shone on TV a while back.
The only reason GPS works is because Einstein was right. And Einstein wasn't the one who tested the phenomena of light-bending; it was Eddington. But perhaps he was in on the con? Or perhaps you need to pick better programs to watch on TV.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  15:22:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Suprise! He failed to respond to any of the real points >>

Speaking for cantbe323, he is still learning how the response system works on this forum, especially how to block the response. Any help would be appreciated.

cantbe323
Are you speaking in the third person?
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  16:24:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Just blocks from where I live is the Hayward Fault, running roughly north-south along the western foot of the East Bay range of hills. The west side of this fault has been slowly slipping northward in relation to the east side. In numerous places, creeks are offset by a considerable distance as they try to run downhill toward the west. They run westward until they reach the Hayward Fault, then run northward along the fault, then turn westward again. The offsets are marked by the span of each creek along the fault. >>

Face it now. All you have to go by is charts made by pseudoscientists. You can't see the actual slippage or the fault.

Anyone living in California would have to be an idiot not to accept basic plate tectonic theory as factual. >>

I was in the middle of all the major CA quakes... 1933, 1952, 1971, and I never found out what caused them.

cantbe323

It's a joke, right? No one educated beyond the forth grade would make such statements, unless they were home schooled. Were you home schooled?, cantbe323 ?

San Andreas Fault
San Andreas Fault Tour Guide

David Lynch of Thule Scientific has published "Field Guide to the San Andreas Fault", a 200+ page driving tour guide for visiting the fault. This is one of the highest quality publications on the San Andreas Fault that I have seen.

It includes over 200 illustrations, some of which are exceptional in their educational value. The book is written to accommodate the beginner and expert. For the beginner there is background information about geologic structures and plate tectonics and an introduction to the San Andreas. The expert will benefit from the detailed field guide that can be used to visit numerous interesting locations along the fault.

San Andreas is so visible that there is a tour guide!

So, when are you going to present, with reference, your evidence in support of your claims?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  16:45:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a joke, right? No one educated beyond the forth grade would make such statements, unless they were home schooled. Were you home schooled?, cantbe323 ?>>

Nope, just a natural skeptic, been that way ever since I saw dad and mom put the presents under the Christmas tree.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  17:12:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's a joke, right? No one educated beyond the forth grade would make such statements, unless they were home schooled. Were you home schooled?, cantbe323 ?>>

Nope, just a natural skeptic, been that way ever since I saw dad and mom put the presents under the Christmas tree.

cantbe323
Hardly. A skeptic seeks reliable information and doesn't indulge in unsupported statements. Until you learn to research and debate like a skeptic, you ain't. In fact, from what you have written in here, I strongly suspect that you have not the least idea of what you're talking about.

So I, patiently, ask again: what is the basis for your statements? Please give reference, unless, of course, you are here just to jerk us around and have none. Prove me wrong.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  21:27:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

So I, patiently, ask again: what is the basis for your statements? Please give reference, unless, of course, you are here just to jerk us around and have none. Prove me wrong.
Meh. Don't feed the troll.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  01:51:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

So you're at least 77, and haven't figured out how geology works as a science, yet. Thanks for the info.
He's made a quantum leap in scientific understanding since the first quake.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  04:33:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Boron10

Originally posted by filthy

Meh. Don't feed the troll.

I like trolls. They're just so cute & adorable when their feelings get hurt.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  05:44:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Just blocks from where I live is the Hayward Fault, running roughly north-south along the western foot of the East Bay range of hills. The west side of this fault has been slowly slipping northward in relation to the east side. In numerous places, creeks are offset by a considerable distance as they try to run downhill toward the west. They run westward until they reach the Hayward Fault, then run northward along the fault, then turn westward again. The offsets are marked by the span of each creek along the fault. >>

Anyone living in California would have to be an idiot not to accept basic plate tectonic theory as factual. >>

cantbe323
I saw those offset creeks with my own eyes, thank you.

You're either a pure troll, pulling everyone leg here just to be irritating, or you really are an idiot.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  12:51:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in the middle of all the major CA quakes... 1933, 1952, 1971, and I never found out what caused them. cantbe323 >>

So you're at least 77, and haven't figured out how geology works as a science, yet. Thanks for the info. >>

If you know how geology works as a credible science, please explain it to me.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  12:59:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I, patiently, ask again: what is the basis for your statements? Please give reference, unless, of course, you are here just to jerk us around and have none. Prove me wrong. >>

All skeptics have to do is be skeptical. Is there a limit? Is there a preferred catagory? Are you making up your own rules?

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  13:02:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I was in the middle of all the major CA quakes... 1933, 1952, 1971, and I never found out what caused them. cantbe323 >>

So you're at least 77, and haven't figured out how geology works as a science, yet. Thanks for the info. >>

If you know how geology works as a credible science, please explain it to me.

cantbe323
Here you go, Haitus.

In your profile, you claim to be an engineer. I ask: in what field? Do you drive model train sets?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  13:13:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Einstein wasn't the one who tested the phenomena of light-bending; it was Eddington. But perhaps he was in on the con? Or perhaps you need to pick better programs to watch on TV. >>

Actually, the program did say it was Eddington, but he reported to Einsrein, and was in a position to doctor the before and after negatives.
I saw shots of the actual negatives myself, and with them blown up 300 times, it wasn't all that difficult to stick pins into the positives, especially since Einsteins future and credibility depended on him being right. However, this deception had no effect on the average person, only the talking heads, so it really didn't matter.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  13:28:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Einstein wasn't the one who tested the phenomena of light-bending; it was Eddington. But perhaps he was in on the con? Or perhaps you need to pick better programs to watch on TV. >>

Actually, the program did say it was Eddington, but he reported to Einsrein, and was in a position to doctor the before and after negatives.
I saw shots of the actual negatives myself, and with them blown up 300 times, it wasn't all that difficult to stick pins into the positives, especially since Einsteins future and credibility depended on him being right. However, this deception had no effect on the average person, only the talking heads, so it really didn't matter.

cantbe323
Again, Einstein has been proven right time and again (GPS works because Einstein was right). Your stupid "conspiracy" story is worthless.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.