New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  17:38:55  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man can't create anything, including comspiracies. He can only react to uncontrollable events he's familiar with. His reaction can take many forms, some longer lasting than others. The most common reaction for those in the government or military forces is immediate or long term retaliation. That could account for the faux conspiracy belief.

cantbe323

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  17:47:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  18:27:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man can't create anything,
Yeah, but just look around the Earth at all that the women have been able to do with just a little help from their friends!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  18:55:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is getting fucking ridiculous. How many topics is this blatherskite going to start and not finish?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  01:17:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  03:51:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

Man can't create anything...

I disagree:

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  05:13:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice examples.

Beethoven, Wright, and Dali.

Don't want to spoil (hint, hint) it but I think I got 'em all.
My second pic is the first flyers. All without google, I'm proud to confess.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  14:02:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is getting fucking ridiculous. How many topics is this blatherskite going to start and not finish?
>>

So that's the basis of your constant dissent. If I had known about it earlier we could have avoided all thiese pointless exchanges.

There is no finish for uncontrollable events, our extensive exchanges prove that. One event leads to the next event in a long chain of related events that never fully stop. I say uncontrollable because we really can't control what is going happen next, or what we say or do. That's all based on what we've come come to be over the years.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  14:14:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah, but just look around the Earth at all that the women have been able to do with just a little help from their friends! >>

I don't see anything creative there, only natural progression. My assertion still stands... Next...

cantbe323

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  14:38:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Chippewa

[quote]Originally posted by cantbe323

Man can't create anything...

I disagree: >>

Man can only produce from the natural culmination of all that's inside him. That's not creation or genes. It's a natural expression of inner feelings and vision.

cantbe323

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  14:45:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

>>

So that's the basis of your constant dissent. If I had known about it earlier we could have avoided all thiese pointless exchanges.

There is no finish for uncontrollable events, our extensive exchanges prove that. One event leads to the next event in a long chain of related events that never fully stop. I say uncontrollable because we really can't control what is going happen next, or what we say or do. That's all based on what we've come come to be over the years.

cantbe323
Bullshit.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  14:56:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chippewa....

Ok, I got the Beethoven and Dali's Persistence of memory. But the Northrup YB49 with a German Cross on the port wing? What gives?

I think nutcase is gonna tell you that these incredible creations were merely natural progression If you can figure that out, more power to you. He obviously doesn't figure that mothers have a starring role in the fabrication of people out of foodstuff!
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  15:51:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323 >>

Bullshit.>>

There, see what I mean about no control. The word just popped out. No choice, no plan, just a product of your natural progression... The same as my words.

cantbe323

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  16:06:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He obviously doesn't figure that mothers have a starring role in the fabrication of people out of foodstuff. >>

What mothers and fathers do is natural too. Jeeze! I can't believe I have to explain this to adults.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  16:13:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The appearance of a fetus in a woman's womb, where there was none prior; is that a "progression" or a "creation"? Please explain why and give examples to support this point of view.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  18:51:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

Chippewa....

Ok, I got the Beethoven and Dali's Persistence of memory. But the Northrup YB49 with a German Cross on the port wing? What gives?

I think nutcase is gonna tell you that these incredible creations were merely natural progression If you can figure that out, more power to you. He obviously doesn't figure that mothers have a starring role in the fabrication of people out of foodstuff!

bngbuck

Thanks.

Also - I don't see a German cross on the Northrop photo, just the USAF emblem from the 1950s. This brings to mind - the Horton brothers working for Gotha made flying wing prototypes for Hitler's Luftwaffe in WWII one of which was pretty sophisticated and jet powered, but its a misnomer that Northrop wings were copied from them. Actually, despite appearances, the Northrop wings were not directly influenced from captured German planes and Jack Northrop solved the center-of-gravity balance and prop-extension shaft problems in his earlier wings before the Horton brothers did. Sometimes design solutions create similar appearances from two separate groups working on the same problems.

One other digression that filthy, Dr. Mabuse and few others might also know of or find interesting about "Jack" Northrop - aircraft designer and industrialist: His love of flying wing designs was honored by geologist Douglas A. Lawson who named the fossil of a giant tailless pterosaur "Quetzalcoatlus northropi" in honor of Northrop's tailless aircraft designs which resembled Quetzalcoatlus.

Yes - mothers create offspring (some of whom also become moms) and they in turn grow, learn and create new wonders, such as the three examples I posted.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.