Creation/Evolution
 Creation, a non starter.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  15:19:10  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first line in the Bible says In the beginning God created the heavens and earth, and those words are the only evidence of the creation belief. No evidence, no demonstration, no miracles, just fiction from a biased fantasy book.

Of course, with no creation, that means everything that exists today has always been here in ever changing locations and forms. No limit to distance, and sizes, both big and small.

cantbe323

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  16:09:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

No evidence, no demonstration, no miracles, just fiction

cantbe323

Speaking of no evidence, you said that you were going to provide some of your own to support your hypotheses. Can I assume that you have none?

It appears that the gist of your "discussions" are these rambling, inane, mindless, wholly fictional ruminations that you apparently have some experience at spouting and that have no grounding in reality.

Speaking of medications, whatever they have on, maybe they should lower the dose.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  16:12:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of no evidence, you said that you were going to provide some of your own to support your hypotheses. Can I assume that you have none?

It appears that the gist of your "discussions" are these rambling, inane, mindless, wholly fictional ruminations that you apparently have some experience at spouting and that have no grounding in reality. >>

When you can't come up with a productive response, shoot the messenger.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  17:32:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When you can't come up with a productive response, shoot the messenger.

cantbe323

Ding ding ding ding. Here's comes the old persecution dodge. Pray tell us what your message is? Did you not say that you had answered all my questions?

BTW, have you sent that fax yet?

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  19:08:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The first line in the Bible says In the beginning God created the heavens and earth, and those words are the only evidence of the creation belief. No evidence, no demonstration, no miracles, just fiction from a biased fantasy book.

Of course, with no creation, that means everything that exists today has always been here in ever changing locations and forms. No limit to distance, and sizes, both big and small.

cantbe323

You're preaching to the choir, no? I mean, most regular posters here at SFN reject biblical creationism for the very reasons you give above.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  19:13:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323

Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  20:37:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, whether thre is a persecution dodge at work or not, I admit to being disappointed to see JREF-like tactics in these threads. Call for evidence sure, but let us not confuse calling for evidence with personal abuse or off-topic stuff like the posting of kittens, recipes and toys, mmmkay?

And whatever medication soeone may or may not be on has no impact on the validity of the content. Basic logic. If something is true, it is true regardless of who says it, the tone used in saying it, or the motivations for saying it. I expect better. Dry skeptics have suggested that a hearty belly laugh is worth a thousand reasoned arguments, but we can see, I think, that a hearty belly laugh is not a thousand reasoned arguments.

Whether the Bible is a "biased fantasy book" is something unknown. We can't even go that far. However, we do acknowledge that as evidence, it is sorely lacking in scientific quality.

"Of course, with no creation, that means everything that exists today has always been here in ever changing locations and forms. No limit to distance, and sizes, both big and small."
This I find puzzling. Can you expand upon this, please?

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  20:47:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by dglas

Well, whether thre is a persecution dodge at work or not, I admit to being disappointed to see JREF-like tactics in these threads. Call for evidence sure, but let us not confuse calling for evidence with personal abuse or off-topic stuff like the posting of kittens, recipes and toys, mmmkay?

To the defense of some frustrated SFNers, cantbe323 has made something like 130+ posts. They have generally been devoid of any real argument, he's refused to engage in any serious discussion, and are borderline troll-like. I'd say that it's probably better to not post at all then do some of what you're complaining about, but at the same time, I can understand their frustration.
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 01/28/2010 20:48:08
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  16:58:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Of course, with no creation, that means everything that exists today has always been here in ever changing locations and forms. No limit to distance, and sizes, both big and small." >>

>>

The universe exists, that's a given, how it got be what it is today is the mystery. Most say it was created by God, but if there is no God, there has to be some other explanation.

We know the earth was once a fiery, gaseous orb, and we were there in a form that survived. To become what we are today, we had to go through a series of drastic changes.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  17:24:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

We know the earth was once a fiery, gaseous orb...
No, it wasn't.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  19:33:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We know the earth was once a fiery, gaseous orb...
From Dave

No, it wasn't
Well, maybe fiery and liquid with a gaseous mantle at one time!

From Wiki

Starting with the Earth's formation by accretion from the solar nebula 4.54 billion years ago (4.54 Ga), the first eon in the Earth's history is called the Hadean.

About 4.6 Ga, the solar nebula began to contract, possibly due to the shock wave of a nearby supernova. Such a shock wave would have caused the nebula to gain angular momentum. As the cloud began to accelerate its rotation, gravity and inertia flattened it into a protoplanetary disk oriented perpendicularly to its axis of rotation. Most of the mass concentrated in the middle and began to heat up, but small perturbations due to collisions and the angular momentum of other large debris created the means by which protoplanets up to several kilometres in size began to form.

The infall of material, increase in rotational speed and the crush of gravity created an enormous amount of kinetic heat at the center. Its inability to transfer that energy away through any other process at a rate capable of relieving the build-up resulted in the disk's center heating up.

Ultimately, nuclear fusion of hydrogen into helium began, and eventually, after contraction, a T Tauri star ignited to create the Sun. Meanwhile, as gravity caused matter to condense around the previously perturbed objects outside the gravitational grasp of the new sun, dust particles and the rest of the protoplanetary disk began separating into rings. Successively larger fragments collided with one another and became larger objects, ultimately becoming protoplanets. These included one collection approximately 150 million kilometers from the center: Earth.

The Proto-Earth grew by accretion, until the inner part of the protoplanet was hot enough to melt the heavy, siderophile metals. Due to their larger densities such (now liquid) metals began to sink to the Earth's center of mass. This so called iron catastrophe resulted in a separation of a primitive mantle and a (metallic) core only 10 million years after the Earth began to form. This produced the layered structure of Earth and also set up the formation of Earth's magnetic field.

During the accretion of material to the protoplanet, a cloud of gaseous silica must have surrounded the Earth, to condense afterwards as solid rocks on the surface. What was left surrounding the planet was an early atmosphere of light (atmophile) elements from the solar nebula, mainly hydrogen and helium, but the solar wind and Earth's heat would have driven off this atmosphere.

In fact, the Moon has a bulk composition closely resembling the Earth's mantle and crust together, without the Earth's core. This has led to the giant impact hypothesis, the idea that the Moon was formed during a giant impact of the proto-Earth with another protoplanet. The Moon formed by accretion of the material blown off the mantles of the proto-Earth and impactor.

Models show that when an impactor this size struck the proto-Earth at a low angle and relatively low speed, a lot of material from the mantles (and proto-crusts) of the proto-Earth and the impactor was ejected into space, where much of it stayed in orbit around the Earth. This material would eventually form the Moon. However, the metallic cores of the impactor would have sunk through the Earth's mantle to fuse with the Earth's core, depleting the Moon of metallic material. The giant impact hypothesis thus explains the Moon's abnormal composition. The ejecta in orbit around the Earth could have condensed into a single body within a couple of weeks. Under the influence of its own gravity, the ejected material became a more spherical body: the Moon.

The radiometric ages show the Earth existed already for at least 10 million years before the impact, enough time to allow for differentiation of the Earth's primitive mantle and core. Then, when the impact occurred, only material from the mantle was ejected, leaving the Earth's core of heavy siderophile elements untouched.

The impact had some important consequences for the young Earth. It released a gigantic amount of energy, causing both the Earth and Moon to be completely molten.
Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  20:36:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Of course, with no creation, that means everything that exists today has always been here in ever changing locations and forms. No limit to distance, and sizes, both big and small." >>

>>

The universe exists, that's a given, how it got be what it is today is the mystery. Most say it was created by God, but if there is no God, there has to be some other explanation.

cantbe323

Just because our lives have a start-middle finish pattern, why must we assume that the universe has an existence pattern anything like ours?

If the universe exists, and that's a given, why is more needed?

- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  13:45:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323

Just because our lives have a start-middle finish pattern, why must we assume that the universe has an existence pattern anything like ours? >>

Good point, but it's not about what I wrote. All I said was the universe exists, that's a given.

If the universe exists, and that's a given, why is more needed? >>

Another good point. Let's just say that I have a firm grasp of what is real and not real, and I want to share it. So far, out of the thousands of so-called knowledgable people who respond, 98 percent pull up their draw bridges and hide behind their defensive patterns. I live for serious debate or constructive feedback, but it's rare.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  13:58:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I live for serious debate...
I've invited you to participate in a serious debate, on a topic of your choosing, yet you have offered no response, either positive or negative.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  15:36:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live for serious debate... cantbe323

I've invited you to participate in a serious debate, on a topic of your choosing, yet you have offered no response, either positive or negative.>>

You've either got a bad memory, or didn't see my reply, or in self-imposed denial. One more time...

You can't find my theories in books or other papers, and that's the kind of proof you seem to demand, so debates with you would be a waste of time for both of us.

I've yet to see any other skeptic views in this forum, only rehashing old works and skepticisms of my skepticisms.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  16:45:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You've either got a bad memory, or didn't see my reply, or in self-imposed denial. One more time...
No, you're getting the order of your own replies here all mixed up.
You can't find my theories in books or other papers, and that's the kind of proof you seem to demand, so debates with you would be a waste of time for both of us.
I'd be satisfied with a debate in which you just write something logical and compelling. But you refuse to do even that much, and now you've invented an excuse for not participating.
I've yet to see any other skeptic views in this forum, only rehashing old works and skepticisms of my skepticisms.
That's because you've got your own personal definition of "skepticism" which nobody here agrees with.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.