New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  08:55:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, more from our favourite Catholic fundy.

How old do you think this guy really is? He can't be much more than a teenager.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  11:45:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Well, more from our favourite Catholic fundy.

How old do you think this guy really is? He can't be much more than a teenager.

You might be right. Toss him a lollipop and a condom, and see what he does. If he eats the lolly instead of giving it to a pretty girl and tosses the condom, he's priesthood material. The same holds true if he eats the condom.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  23:32:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, another response to that idiot.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  00:52:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't feel like starting another thread for this, but there's another character over there, "Steve" who's trying to convert me and is going about it totally wrong.

Hence, my reply which I'll just quote below since it's not "officially" accepted yet:
Steve:

Speaking of logical flaws you've used one yourself with that nonesense about atheism being a "moral problem".

It's called ad-hominem It's also damned arrogant for you believers to keep telling us non-believers over and over just why we supposedly do not believe.

How's about talking to us instead of AT us for a change? And maybe try thinking with your brain instead of with some so-called "holy book" instead?

Steve
Your choice. The clock is ticking and judgement is coming. (Heb 9:27)
That only works when people already believe to some extent. By the way, here's an example of a logical fallacy for you:
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-fear.html
Appeal to fear
As an example:
You must believe that God exists. After all, if you do not accept the existence of God, then you will face the horrors of hell."

Sound familiar? Only it's you, the religious person who's used a fallacy.

Steve
Reynold: Logical flaws related to atheistic dogma are plentiful. The responses are well constructed and found on many web sites which are easily googled.
And those arguments are also easily refuted by googling too.

Steve
Evolution it has been said exists NOT because of the evidence but rather the need.
Wrong Steve. Besides there being xians who themselves accept evolution like Glen Morton (http://home.entouch.net/dmd/), there are a lot of evidences for evolution:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Here's a tip: Instead of throwing out a bunch of bible verses at, and using logical fallacies on a non-believer, try some actual evidence that your god exists.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  04:58:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What, exactly, does Steve think that "atheistic dogma" is?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  07:31:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

What, exactly, does Steve think that "atheistic dogma" is?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  12:25:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My comment is awaiting moderation.

to avoid it getting lost unless if fails the check:

Dr. Mabuse says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
October 14, 2010 at 3:13 pm

More tripe and misrepresentation comes from Steve:
“Philosophy 101 teaches that you cannot prove or disprove the existence of God. Either choice requires a faith choice. Also the use of false premises like “there is no God therefore” is bogus in logic based arguments. ”

You haven’t met many atheists and talked to them, have you?
When an Atheist says “There’s no god” it’s not the absolute dogmatic stance that your priests and ministers have lied to you about. All Atheists I know have come to the conclusion that God is irrelevant, since there is no substantial evidence that makes god relevant. For adherents of scientific skepticism, the conclusion “There is no god” is tentative, and not absolute.
If I say that I’ll punch your nose if you didn’t read a newspaper today, will you ignore me? To you, I only exist on a web-page, and the plausibility that any of the threats I make coming true is nil. For all practical purposes, I’m irrelevant to your daily life. Just as many Atheists doesn’t care about God. The concept is irrelevant to their daily lives.
Most Atheists know that it is impossible to prove a negative (your claim, Steve, about bogus logical arguments is BS because of this), their claim that “There is no God” is figuratively and not absolute, just because they consider a reservation for future evidence to the contrary, and the problem of proving the non-existence.

More misrepresentations from Steve:
“The odds of atheistic theory being true has been compared to a tornado going through a junk yard and producing a jumbo jet.”

This is a bogus claim originating from Fred Hoyle, which was first thoroughly debunked 27 years ago, the same year it was first made. That you are using it only demonstrates your complete lack of knowledge of biology.

Honestly, Steve… When you use fundamentalist christian web-sites to gather talking points to throw at “Atheists”, at least show your audience the decency to research your material. You are embarrasing yourself and your cause by these simple mistakes.
You could just as well go ask the Klan what arguments blacks are using for civil rights, or ask the Lumberjack’s Association what Feminists are asking for.

At least look at the TalkOrigins web-site, and see what they have to say about your talking points. If they are listed there, then they have already been debunked, and so you’d do well look for better arguments. It would raise the level of your posts above merely amusing like those of Arrow and John (who can’t spell correctly. Hint: Reynold spells without an S.).

More from Steve:
“Without your bogus first premise, you are left with very long odds believing in random chance. ”

Again, Steve displays a complete lack of understanding of evolution, and especially Natural Selection. The mutations that happen in the genome as an organism reproduces is in fact random. But the effect of natural selection is anything but random. It is the non-randomness of natural selection that re-shapes the organism over many generations.

Finally:
“I wonder what Darwin is thinking today?”

He’s not thinking anything at all. He’s dead, and has been so for many years.

And...
Dr. Mabuse says:
October 14, 2010 at 3:23 pm

John wrote:
“Reynold’s goal in life is…”

Wow! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

But John has so consistently misspelled Reynold’s name, so I’ll chalk this one up as random fluke. Given his inability to take a hint, I have no option but to attribute it to malice on John’s part.
I wouldn’t even care if he didn’t apologise. Just doing what he knows to be right would suffice, and I would stop resenting him for being a d!ck.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  10:25:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goddamnit, I can't stay away...!

the Ignored has sucked me in.
I have two more messages awaiting moderation.

Edit: and the link to get there.

Dr. Mabuse says:
October 18, 2010 at 9:59 am

Steve wrote: “Show me this “fact” in MACRO-evolution. Variation in kinds (micro-evolution) are not the issue. The smoke is very thick here.”

Yes the smoke is thick indeed, but it’s evolution-denying theists blowing it. What, aren’t you complying to Church doctrin? The Catholic church agree with the Theory of Evolution.
But just for kicks… The difference between Micro and Macro is not in kind, but in degree. Mutation is like taking one step. If you takes several steps you move a bit. If you take a hundred thousand steps in the right direction, you’ll end up in another city altogether: that’s a macro-movement for you. But it’s still one step after another. The question is, when do you cross the border between Canada and USA?
Where, Steve, do you draw the line between micro and macro?
You see, I could give you examples of macro-evolution, but I don’t trust you to not change your definition of the difference between micro and macro, once I present them. So go ahead, where do you draw the line?

“Duh. There is a reason that most people don’t buy evolution in spite of well over a hundred years of repeated brain washing by some of our ‘intellectual” elites.”

Duh! Appeal to popular opinion is a classic logical fallacy. Ten billion flies can’t be wrong, you should eat shit.
There are many reasons why most American people don’t buy evolution. In my country “most people” understand that evolution is the best explanation for the diversity of life on planet earth. Why? It’s because we don’t let religious indoctrination dictate science education.

“It is not believable in light of what we actually see in every day life.”

It’s not believable in the rose-coloured light of dogmatic religious indoctrination, especially when you chose to only listen to ministers and priests who has an invested interest in back-stabbing scientists. God forbid you might begin to question the religious authority.

“You see without a twisted world view”

That I do. At least, I try to. It’s important to let reality dictate my actions, not fairy-tales.

“people are not as stupid as you seem to think”

Your comments rather enforce my opinion on you. And John-who-can’t-learn-to-spell-for-shit.

“Let me see, 1000000 trillion changes over billions of years. You don’t have enough time on the ’scale’ you have bought into.”

This is just hilarious. Numbers and all, but you don’t have any clue whether they are correct, or where they fit in the big picture. You have no conception on the vastness of the numbers involved, neither the time scale involved, nor the parallel-processing power of large populations.
You just think of yourself as the Big Fish, but you’re swimming in a small pond without a clue that there’s an entire world outside it to learn about, which is called Planet Earth.

There are many wonders to behold. Some created by man, many more created by nature. To say that God created them all lacks of fantasy.

Dr. Mabuse says:
October 18, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Above, Steve answers Matron:

“The stats that I had read regarding people who believe in evolution were from the US and it appears that they are the least likely to buy into it.”

AAAAhahaha! You’re using USA as a Gold Standard for education? Seriously?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060810-evolution.html

There article is a two-pager. Read the finishing line of the article: “Fewer than half of American adults can provide a minimal definition of DNA, the authors add. “. That means that more than half of the US population know next to nothing about the main pillar of biology and evolution. Which means they cannot have an informed opinion about it.

Gordon Campbell

“Reynolds you fool”

Gordon, you are the fool. Both I and Reynold have asked “you guys” several times you do us the courtesy of spelling names right. Never Was an Arrow II finally got it, but John is as clueless as ever. How long is it going to take you, Gordon, to show that you can read, write, and show a minimum level of respect? You may call us morons, and idiots, and that’s your opinion and yours to express. But please, at least get our names right.

Edit: the other post got deleted by the moderator, so I split it up in two parts. To my surprise, the second part got clean through the moderation filter!

The workings on the religious mind isn't a total mystery. As time goes by, we have stumbled upon several explanations for the religious condition; mental programming from birth, inability to cope with emotional trauma, etc.

But why the fuck can't they spell "Reynold" right? Even when you tell them, several times, they still botch it up. Is the John character fatally stupid, or has he decided to just be very offensive?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 10/20/2010 19:38:02
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  10:44:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting how religidiots (and other nutters) often project themselves on you. They appeal to dogma yet then accuse you of dogma. Crazy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds.