Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 Ash cloud God’s punishment for health care!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  06:15:06  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or at least that's the way this porcine parody of a human being says he sees it.
Volcanoes have elicited religious veneration for thousands of years, but talk show host Rush Limbaugh may be among the first to ascribe a political agenda to one, Think Progress reported.

After an Icelandic volcano continued to spew ash into the sky Saturday, halting President Obama's planned flight to Poland, conservative icon Limbaugh said the surprising strength and timing of the eruption suggests a God displeased with the passage of health care reform.

"You know, a couple of days after the health care bill had been signed into law Obama ran around all over the country saying, 'Hey, you know, I’m looking around. The earth hadn’t opened up. There’s no Armageddon out there. The birds are still chirping.' I think the earth has opened up. God may have replied," he said on his radio show Friday.

He's full of shit and he knows it. Unfortunately, his ditto-idiots don't know it, and hang upon his every mendacious word as he whores himself out to them. That's how you get rich in the conservative talking head business; find an audience even stupider than yourself and tell them what they think they want to hear.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 04/18/2010 06:19:15

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  06:32:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ever since he got out of rehab, it seems that Rush's whole goal is to make outrageous statements and see how far he can go. Each week, I hear something even more preposterous than the week before and I figure that his audience will finally call "BS!". But sadly, I'm proven wrong. I'm sure that even he's astonished at what his listeners will buy into. It's probably a game to him; a game that, unfortunately, is paying him too well.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  07:17:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's just got to be a significant percentage of Rush's audience that is simply listening in for laughs, right? I mean, right? Please tell me it's so.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  07:21:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So... God doesn't like the US healthcare refom so he decides to punish Europe for it. Because after all, Obama is flying there. Got it.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  07:41:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

There's just got to be a significant percentage of Rush's audience that is simply listening in for laughs, right? I mean, right? Please tell me it's so.

I tell you that it is so. Indeed, our River Otter used to listen to him just for the giggles as she drove to work. I caught his tv show a few times, before the network dumped his ass for a lack of interest. He can be quite entertaining, in a loopy sort of way. I would suspect that there are plenty more with the same mindset.

And he wears spectacular neckties. If ever I start wearing ties (about as likely as the Rapture), I'll get me a dozen just like 'em.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  08:18:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

So... God doesn't like the US healthcare refom so he decides to punish Europe for it. Because after all, Obama is flying there. Got it.

Logic and coherent thought isn't exactly Rush's strong suit. Nor his audience's.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  09:04:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

Originally posted by Hawks

Logic and coherent thought isn't exactly Rush's strong suit. Nor his audience's.

Along with accuracy and it's perception, like the insignificant detail our President signed the health care bill March 23,2010 and the volcano started erupting before then. He's just like a religion, where every word out of his mouth is the infallible truth and he's followers are nonthinking ditto heads. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  11:55:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy
Indeed, our River Otter used to listen to him just for the giggles as she drove to work.

I have attempted that maneuver, but I don't recommend it. The sheer density of stupid that infests your car makes it extremely difficult not to drive directly into the nearest stationary object.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  16:37:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He was clearly making fun if you listened to it.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  02:29:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Yes, well, so am I, so am I. Limbaugh bashing is lots of fun and we all should do more of it. The downside is that too many folks take the flannel-mouthed bastard seriously.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  12:40:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps celebrity entertainer Limbaugh was just trying to be funny.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  12:41:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Perhaps celebrity entertainer Limbaugh was just trying to be funny.

Oh, I just noticed Robb's post. What he said.
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  13:17:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gosh darnit. I was hoping the volcano was erupting because God hates gay marriage.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  13:22:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Gosh darnit. I was hoping the volcano was erupting because God hates gay marriage.
I think it's more a part of God's larger scheme to keep American and Europe separated.

Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  13:33:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

[quote][I think it's more a part of God's larger scheme to keep American and Europe separated.

That there God guy always seems to have a plan. Didn't He already do that by building the Atlantic Ocean?

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Edited by - Ebone4rock on 04/19/2010 13:33:57
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  13:40:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

Yes. But...

Consider this: Rush's "Dittoheads" and Pat Robertson's believers share many characteristics. When Robertson says God is punishing Haiti for making a deal with the Devil, his audience tends to take this literally and believe it. Rush's Dittoheads are equally ignorant and bigoted. Rush may be joking, but most of his listeners take him literally. Rush gets to make an absurd theological/political point which is taken seriously, yet it is one he can (quasi-semi-honestly, in this case) later laugh off as a gag.

Limbaugh knows exactly the game he's playing. (He's the one who disparagingly and arrogantly named his own loyal fans "Dittoheads" in the first place.) Both Limbaugh and Robertson deal with ignorant and literal-minded followers who are far from subtle in their thought processes.

Maybe Limbaugh wants some of Robertson's evangelist BS action. This way, he gets to do that without looking quite the idiot that Robertson always does. Or maybe Rush just wants to laugh at his Dittoheads some more.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds.