Politics
 Old news, but another reason to hate Lieberman
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  10:07:31  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks to me like he's a rapture wingnut, as opposed to just being a "DINO" (democrat in name only) before he went independent.

But CUFI has an ulterior agenda: its support for Israel derives from the belief of Hagee and his flock that Jesus will return to Jerusalem after the battle of Armageddon and cleanse the earth of evil. In the end, all the non-believers - Jews, Muslims, Hindus, mainline Christians, etc. - must convert or suffer the torture of eternal damnation. Over a dozen CUFI members eagerly revealed to me their excitement at the prospect of Armageddon occurring tomorrow. Among the rapture ready was Republican Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. None of this seemed to matter to Lieberman, who delivered a long sermon hailing Hagee as nothing less than a modern-day Moses. Lieberman went on to describe Hagee's flock as "even greater than the multitude Moses commanded."

More here:

At the recent annual CUFI summit in Washington, D.C., prominent politicians were present to pledge support for this growing movement, including Senators John McCain, Joseph Lieberman, House Minority Whip Roy Blunt, as well as former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. Lieberman particularly sang Hagee's praise:

"He is a Ish Elokim, a man of God and those words really fit him...like Moses he's become a leader of a mighty multitude, even greater than the multitude that Moses led from Egypt to the promised land."

Lieberman was never "on our side", the Democrats could probably say.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 05/09/2010 10:11:07

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  13:21:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Holy Joe" has always been something of a douche. Whatever was Gore thinking?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  21:46:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha @ the PR people

"you can ask that, just not now"

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Edited by - Machi4velli on 05/09/2010 21:49:46
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  00:36:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't Joe Traitorman Jewish?

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  07:39:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Isn't Joe Traitorman Jewish?
Not that he is going to stop being Jewish, but as you know, as evidenced by the nickname you have given him, he has been known to change his mind before if it served his (and only his) interest to do so. I think he's pretty much a Liebermanist...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  13:18:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are a couple of Jews who've I've occasionally suspected of being secret evangelical Christians. One is Joe Lieberman, the other is Ben Stein. But I think Kil is probably right on target regarding Lieberman: He's a Liebermanist, first and always.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  20:58:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say Joe is even an "INO": an Independent in Name Only.

Lieberman proposed legislation potentially stripping citizenship from individuals involved with terrorist organizations.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/lieberman-propose-citizenship-stripping-la

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2010 :  23:41:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by podcat

I would say Joe is even an "INO": an Independent in Name Only.

Lieberman proposed legislation potentially stripping citizenship from individuals involved with terrorist organizations.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/lieberman-propose-citizenship-stripping-la
That one really bugs me. Citizenship should only be stripped from those who committed fraud in applying for citizenship, as did some former Nazis. American citizens can be punished severely enough to satisfy anyone, for treason or whatever. Stripping citizenship for new reasons in an atmosphere of fear is a bad idea. The only reason fro such citizenship-stripping (aside from helping xenophobes to jerk off) would be to allow them to be tortured as enemy combatants. Screw that.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.