Yet another Repub with his hands in cookie jar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  09:43:29  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here we go again...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-18/congressman-souder-of-indiana-resigns-citing-affair-update1-.html

From the article:
"A self-described evangelical Christian, Souder on his website touts his commitment to marriage.
“The family plays a fundamental role in our society,” he says on his site. “Studies consistently demonstrate that it is best for a child to have a mother and father, and I am committed to preserving traditional marriage, the union of one man and one woman.”

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  10:27:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

Here we go again...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-18/congressman-souder-of-indiana-resigns-citing-affair-update1-.html

From the article:
"A self-described evangelical Christian, Souder on his website touts his commitment to marriage.
“The family plays a fundamental role in our society,” he says on his site. “Studies consistently demonstrate that it is best for a child to have a mother and father, and I am committed to preserving traditional marriage, the union of one man and one woman.”

I find that dipping your wick into people other than your wife is a non-partisan past time.
I would personally focus more on the Evangelical Christian part of the story.
Man, I wish I could get as much poontang as these Christians do. Damn.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  10:48:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find it interesting that nowhere does Souder refer to the gender of the staff member with whom he'd had a "part-time affair." Could a gay tryst be the reason behind the suddenness of the resignation?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, as Seinfeld would say.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/18/2010 10:54:20
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  10:49:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

I find that dipping your wick into people other than your wife is a non-partisan past time.

True, but generally, Dems don't crow about their adherence to "family values" nor do they point at others and complain that (insert social ill here) is DIRECTLY caused by the (opposing party) and their "lax" moral values.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  11:34:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^^ What Fripp said. I could care less about who is fucking what. But when a person tells me that their moral values are superior, mine are inferior, then they go and do something that is directly opposite what they are telling other people to do... there is a word for that.... oh, yeah, dirty fucking hypocrit.

Republicans are guilty of way more hypocrisy, when it comes to sex, than democrats.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  13:17:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shit, this sort of behavior amongst the "family values" crowd of political douchebags has become so common that it's turned downright boring. Every time I see such a report, I sink deeper into ennui.

I NO LONGER GIVE A RAT'S ASS! Didn't give much of one before, as the only love life I'm concerned with is my own. It is the lying and the hypocrisy and the out-and-out dishonesty and the blatant stupidity that makes me think about bringing back public flogging.

These shameless philanders are supposed to be leaders; supposed to be above reproach, but I must ask, is anyone here foolish to follow any of them into combat? I'm certainly not simply because if they cheat their family, they'll cheat their followers. And do. Regularly. It's SOP.

A vigorous touch o' the cat might work wonders.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 05/18/2010 13:22:44
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  18:42:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the great philosopher and poet Lou Reed nailed it in regards to these assholes:

I was thinking of things that I hate to do
Sex with your parents
Things you do to me or I do to you, baby
Sex with your parents

Something fatter or uglier than rush limbaugh
Something more disgusting than robert dole
Something pink that climbs out of a hole
And there it was - sex with your parents

I was getting so sick of this right wing republican shit
These ugly old men scared of young tit and dick
So I try to think of something that made me sick
And there it was - sex with your parents

Now these old fucks can steal all they want
And they can go and pass laws saying you can't say what you want
And you can't look at this and you can't look at that
And you can't smoke this and you can't snort that
And me baby - I got statistics - I got stats
These people have been to bed with their parents

Now i know you're shocked but hang and have a brew
If you think about it for a minute you know that it's true
They're ashamed and repelled and they don't know what to do
They've had sex with their parents
When they looked into their lovers eyes they saw - mom
In the name of the family values we must ask whose family
In the name of the family values we must ask - senator

It's has been reported that you have had
Illegal congress with your mother, - sex with your parents
Ah, senator
An illegal congress by proxy is a
Pigeon by any other name, - sex with your parents

Senators you polish a turd
Here in the big city we got a word
For those who would bed their beloved big bird
And make a mockery of our freedoms
Ah, without even using a condom
Without even saying "no"
By god we have a name for people like that
It's - hey motherfucker

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.