Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Creation/Evolution
 AIG to "reinterperet" Genesis?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2550 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  18:05:29  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep. Looks like filthy got scooped on this one:

Of the reason for this little project which is called Why Study the Chronology of the Flood?, not Why Study the Chronology of the Bible...

It's because "the enemy" was probing for a soft spot:
His tactics were to feint charge after charge, probing for a soft spot he could exploit."

And the softspot was……..

"Sadly, he found one: the wobbly defense of the historicity, feasibility, and manner and means of the Flood (including its chronology), which was offered in the Renaissance."


"We can revisit the battlefield, join the battle again, and take back the hill that was lost. How? Further armed with the findings of modern linguistics and literary theory—the CCRG is attempting to develop a coherent Flood chronology."


E-Lad says:
The next ten paragraphs are some of the most absurd, convoluted and ill conceived rhetoric that I have ever seen. He is saying that the text of Genesis has been interpreted wrongly all this time.

Do you realize the ramifications of that? From that we may suspect that the entire bible is wrongly translated/ interpreted. I don’t think the Hammites have thought this fiasco through very well.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 06/20/2010 18:07:21

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  04:36:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, well, I've been off-line for a spell....

So, they're going to join the multitude of Bible re-interpreters, eh? It's been and being done so many times that, really, it's kind'a ho-hum. The interesting part of it is that here, right out in broad daylight, in front of God & Everybody, they are blatantly twisting the evidence, such as it is, to fit the conclusion; a typical, YEC ploy.

Refresh my memory; doesn't Scripture have something to say about this sort of thing?

And it will work, too. The long-suffering faithful will swallow it, pony up donations, and, Bible firmly in hand, keep on truckin'. It's not going to do much for anyone else, though.

Or will it? Might it not give us another topic to rag AiG over? Methinks it might....




"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres


"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

River Otter
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  19:29:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send River Otter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Refresh my memory; doesn't Scripture have something to say about this sort of thing?


Yes it does:

2 Peter 20-21 NAB Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy spirit spoke under the influence of God.

Matthew 5:17 NAB For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of Heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of Heaven.


I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know. -Cicero

Brother, You say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book. -Sagoyewatha,(Red Jacket) - Chief and great orator of the six nations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000