It could be worse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  09:15:39  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What?

yeah, and I guess the oil spill could be 500,000 barrels a day or the national debt could be 80 trillion dollars or the deficit could be 5 trillion dollars per year or Biden could be president. Ok I am convinced.

This guy thinks that just because he says something it makes it so.

Edited to Fix the link.

Kil

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  13:04:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

What?

yeah, and I guess the oil spill could be 500,000 barrels a day or the national debt could be 80 trillion dollars or the deficit could be 5 trillion dollars per year or Biden could be president. Ok I am convinced.

This guy thinks that just because he says something it makes it so.

He's talking about the jobs that were saved due to the stimulus package. You know. The one the Republicans voted against. The economy was in free fall. And that little clip means nothing because it's taken totally out of context.

Robb. I have to ask because mostly you seem like an intelligent guy. Why do you always go with the Fox news spin? I would have been embarrassed to link to that clip and then make the statement that you just made. I mean it.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  13:31:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why do you always go with the Fox news spin? I would have been embarrassed to link to that clip and then make the statement that you just made.

Hehehehe....
I know I'm not Robb but....
I like Fox News. I hate Glenn Beck and Hannity and have a love/hate relationship with O'Reilly but I do find them to shoot a bit straighter than CNN and MSNBC.

I love Greta because she is a homegirl.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  17:55:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Why do you always go with the Fox news spin? I would have been embarrassed to link to that clip and then make the statement that you just made.

Hehehehe....
I know I'm not Robb but....
I like Fox News. I hate Glenn Beck and Hannity and have a love/hate relationship with O'Reilly but I do find them to shoot a bit straighter than CNN and MSNBC.

I love Greta because she is a homegirl.

Straighter than CNN or MSNBC? Perhaps you should watch this.

Fox news is probably the most dishonest television news agency (and I'm using the term "news" very loosely) that there has ever been in this country. It's not that they lean to the right. They outright make shit up. And they do it all the time.

Here. This is just today:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/

http://www.newshounds.us/

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  18:49:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt that anyone employed by Faux News can spell the word 'journalism'.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds.