Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 It seemed like a good idea at the time......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  02:58:15  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is how this guy and his friends might start off their explanation of why they set his prosthetic leg afire, then dumped him 'side the road.
A 47-year-old man's friends set his prosthetic leg on fire after he lost a drinking bet, causing him to suffer severe burns to his buttocks and lower back. Dona Ana County sheriff's deputies found the man naked on the side of U.S. Route 70 with his prosthetic leg in flames. Deputies learned that the man and his friends were drinking Monday and bet that whoever drank the least would be set on fire.

The man told investigators that at six beers, he drank the least, and agreed to let his friends set him on fire.

He said his friends ignited his prosthetic leg, and the flames spread to his body.

The sheriff's office said the man took his clothes off because of the pain and his friends decided to take him to the hospital. But they got nervous and instead dropped him off on the side of the highway.

The man was taken to a Texas burn treatment center.

Why am I having a problem working up a little sympathy for this idiot? Also, I wonder if he's learned anything....

Probably not; anyone stupid enough to get drunk enough (6 beers my ass; this fool had to be totally wasted!) to go along with something like this shows little promise for future improvement. I wonder if he owns firearms.....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  05:05:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not that worried about him owning firearms, but he probably drives and votes.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  06:11:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clearly a case of lost friends and opportunities.

What kind of a friend is HE? He makes a bet, loses, then squeals to the cops! Just because he's burnt, naked and missing a leg. What a pansy. He should have told the cops he suffered spontaneous combustion and had to take off his clothes. Like this but in reverse. Now his friends are going to think he's some kind of a moron. Talk about "birds of a feather". He could have made a tonne of money doing the talk shows like Oprah, Montel and Larry king. What hot shows they would have been. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  07:56:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy
I wonder if he owns firearms.....

Firelegs...?

Anyways, he was a close ontender for the Darwin-awards.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  08:13:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
" Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  09:29:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem is that these people always seem to live just long enough to procreate.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  10:03:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These guys should be nominated for this year's Darwin Award.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  11:34:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by astropin

The problem is that these people always seem to live just long enough to procreate.

Not always

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  11:35:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Can't. He has to remove himself from the gene pool (ie, die) for that. Although, if he burned his balls of he could possibly get an honorable mention

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  13:48:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by tomk80

Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Can't. He has to remove himself from the gene pool (ie, die) for that. Although, if he burned his balls of he could possibly get an honorable mention
Actually, I think it would count as a genuine Darwin Award, as long as he is unable to procreate. The important part of the award is to remove his genes from the gene-pool, and by getting himself neutered, he doesn't have to die.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.