Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  03:21:46  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So now the teabaggers are whining about being accused of racism.
Has anyone seen any signs of racism at their rallies, hm? Of course not!

NAACP mulls resolution decrying Tea Party 'racism'; Free Republic members respond: 'klan with a tan' and 'pot calling the kettle white'

News that the "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People will propose a resolution this week condemning racism within the tea party movement" is not being taken well by some conservatives.

The Kansas City Star notes, "The resolution, scheduled for a vote as early as Tuesday by delegates attending the annual NAACP convention in Kansas City, calls upon 'all people of good will to repudiate the racism of the Tea Parties, and to stand in opposition to its drive to push our country back to the pre-civil rights era.'"

Complaining that the "NAACP has more of a political agenda now," Brendan Steinhauser, "director of campaigns for FreedomWorks, which organizes tea party groups," tells The Kansas City Star's Judy L. Thomas, "I just don't see racism in the tea party movement. Racism is something we're absolutely opposed to."

Gary Langer, director of polling at ABC News, apparently agrees with Steinhauser, "While our data don't speak to views at the individual level, in the broadest, population-based sense, we don't see it."

Which might give you a pretty good idea of whose pocket Mr. Langer of ABC News is in.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  06:49:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got some questions.
I've never been to a tea rally but I have seen these signs on my computer. I can say I have never seen one on my computer that couldn't have easily been photoshopped, one's that use the N word for example. I find it hard to believe that such disgusting signs are bandied about so frequently, in public. Has anyone "here" been to a rally in person? Are these photoshopped or not? I'm not asking for an "opinion". I'm asking if anyone here can say that these signs are at the rallies, from being there and seeing them first hand? I don't have a TV or cable on my boat. From what Cable I see, which is very little, the media has no comment about them. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  07:39:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The whole race card has been so over used by now that it has become akin to the boy who cried wolf. Just look at the latest example:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jul/12/jesse-jackson-cavs-dan-gilbert-slave-lebron-james/

Um last I heard Lebron has made somewhere between 60-80 millions dollars from Gilbert while playing for the Cavs.

Most whites are tired of being compared to and blamed for events that happened 200 years in the past that they had nothing to do with. This generation has bent over backwards to make amends for a past they had nothing to do with. I can't think of another country in the world where blacks have as much opportunity to succeed placed right in front of them as they do here. We have a black president for crying-out-loud. Are there still some racists embedded in white culture? Yes, of course. Are there racists embedded in black culture? Yes, of course. That's just human nature and will be with us always. To smear with accusations of racism anyone who dares to question the Obama agenda has become the play card of choice and with the presidents numbers nose diving in the polls it's about all they got anymore.

Anyone who didn't vote for BO: I don't agree with the presidents economic agenda.

Supporter of BO: You must be a racist then.

Anyone who didn't vote for BO: No. I don't agree with it because of X, Y and Z.

Supporter of BO: Whatever I think it's because you are a racist.

Anyone who didn't vote for BO: I don't agree with the presidents foreign policy agenda.

Anyone who didn't vote for BO: I don't agree with the presidents domestic agenda.

etc... etc... etc...

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  07:53:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

So, you are against sweeping generalizations and exemplify this by making sweeping generalizations?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  07:55:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

I got some questions.
I've never been to a tea rally but I have seen these signs on my computer. I can say I have never seen one on my computer that couldn't have easily been photoshopped, one's that use the N word for example. I find it hard to believe that such disgusting signs are bandied about so frequently, in public. Has anyone "here" been to a rally in person? Are these photoshopped or not? I'm not asking for an "opinion". I'm asking if anyone here can say that these signs are at the rallies, from being there and seeing them first hand? I don't have a TV or cable on my boat. From what Cable I see, which is very little, the media has no comment about them. SS

Some are 'shopped, no doubt, but the NIGGAR sign is the real deal. It was painted up by one Dale Robertson, an aspiring tagbagger leader and ignoramus. He's been catching shit for it ever since, as well he should. I have no doubts as to the bona-fides of the "WHITE SLAVERY" blurt either.

A great many of these signs are rife with misspellings and misconceptions. "White slavery" actually refers to a law prohibiting a man taking a woman across state lines for immoral purposes. I've violated it as time or two myself, but it was really enacted as a tool against organized prostitution rather than individual nooky. Didn't work, of course... Link

Anyhow, really, there is little real need to photoshop these signs. At any given rally, there will be some doozies more than worthy of notice.

I have never attended one of their shindigs, nor will I. I tend to be outspoken and have a match-trigger temper. If one goes down nearby, I might observe it from a distance.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 07/13/2010 08:26:15
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  09:57:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

So, you are against sweeping generalizations and exemplify this by making sweeping generalizations?

No. I point out sweeping generalizations with satire.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  10:11:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Originally posted by sailingsoul

I got some questions.

Some are 'shopped, no doubt, but the NIGGAR sign is the real deal. It was painted up by one Dale Robertson, an aspiring tagbagger leader and ignoramus. He's been catching shit for it ever since, as well he should. I have no doubts as to the bona-fides of the "WHITE SLAVERY" blurt either.

A great many of these signs are rife with misspellings and misconceptions. "White slavery" actually refers to a law prohibiting a man taking a woman across state lines for immoral purposes. I've violated it as time or two myself, but it was really enacted as a tool against organized prostitution rather than individual nooky. Didn't work, of course... Link

Anyhow, really, there is little real need to photoshop these signs. At any given rally, there will be some doozies more than worthy of notice.

I have never attended one of their shindigs, nor will I. I tend to be outspoken and have a match-trigger temper. If one goes down nearby, I might observe it from a distance.

As I have pointed out every race has their black sheep in the family. What point would I prove if I start listing all the black on white hate crimes that take place in this country on a daily basis? That all blacks are violent racist? Beatings and killings for being white happen all the time. What point would I prove if I point out all the insane and laughable ramblings of Rev. Al and Rev. Jesse throughout the years? That all blacks use the race card for political advantages? What point would I prove if I point out the number of black children who grow up with no father and end up on welfare or in jail? That all blacks are poor fathers who have given their children no hope? The game you are playing is no different then if I were to try and defend my little generalizations.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  13:10:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

As I have pointed out every race has their black sheep in the family. What point would I prove if I start listing all the black on white hate crimes that take place in this country on a daily basis? That all blacks are violent racist? Beatings and killings for being white happen all the time. What point would I prove if I point out all the insane and laughable ramblings of Rev. Al and Rev. Jesse throughout the years? That all blacks use the race card for political advantages? What point would I prove if I point out the number of black children who grow up with no father and end up on welfare or in jail? That all blacks are poor fathers who have given their children no hope? The game you are playing is no different then if I were to try and defend my little generalizations.

The difference is, Bill, that I am not generalizing. I have pointed out a group individuals, many of whom, due to their rhetoric and actions, I consider to be scumbags. If I knew their names, I'd have posted them, as I did in Richardson's case. Generalizations tend to dilute the argument because they try and cover too much territory; something few of the rank & file seem to grasp. Politicians, official and otherwise, understand this perfectly, which makes it easier for them to rouse the rabble.

So, with that, and taking history into consideration, do you consider the NAACP to be the Klan with a Tan?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  13:47:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A little more that might be of interest:
An organization devoted to fighting for less government and less taxes drafted a resolution which condemned another group's proposed resolution and suggested that the IRS should reconsider its tax-exempt status.

"A Tea Party group in Missouri, reacting to the NAACP's plan to take up a resolution branding the conservative movement as 'racist,' has drafted a resolution of its own condemning the civil rights group for reducing itself to a 'bigoted' and 'partisan attack dog organization,'" FOX News reports.

The St. Louis Tea Party had an all-hands-on-deck response to the NAACP's reported plan to denounce the nationwide network of activists at its annual convention in Kansas City, Mo. The NAACP as early as Tuesday could take up language to "repudiate the racism of the Tea Parties" and stand against the movement's attempt to "push our country back to the pre-civil rights era."

In response, the St. Louis group drafted and fired off to the NAACP a resolution demanding the organization withdraw its "bigoted, false and inflammatory" statement. The missive accused the NAACP of resorting to political tactics and urged the IRS to reconsider whether it can continue to qualify for tax-exempt status.
At the St. Louis Tea Party blog, leader Bill Hennessy writes, "Normally, we ignore childish hostility from belligerent people and groups. But the NAACP today intends to condemn 20 million tea party activists as racists. The millions of good, decent, and loving Americans who have participated in Tea Party events deserve nothing less than our full condemnation of the NAACP’s hatred and lies."

Story continues below...

They did not mention my hatred and lies. I call bigotry on the bastards!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  15:35:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

The difference is, Bill, that I am not generalizing.

But you are.

I have pointed out a group individuals, many of whom, due to their rhetoric and actions, I consider to be scumbags. If I knew their names, I'd have posted them, as I did in Richardson's case.

But so what? What point have I made if I point out a group of individuals from the NAACP, Rainbow Push, Black Nation of Islam or The Black Panthers, many of whom, due to their rhetoric and actions, I consider to be scumbags and If I knew their names, I'd have posted them? Does this somehow implicate any and all who have ever been affiliated with said groups as scumbags full of rhetoric?

Generalizations tend to dilute the argument because they try and cover too much territory; something few of the rank & file seem to grasp. Politicians, official and otherwise, understand this perfectly, which makes it easier for them to rouse the rabble.

You paint with a wide stroke my filthy friend. It would be no different then if I implied that any and all persons ever associated with the “community action” group ACORN were supportive of helping pimps set up an under age sex trade business and then helping them do it free of paying taxes.

So, with that, and taking history into consideration, do you consider the NAACP to be the Klan with a Tan?

While I find many racist elements embedded in the NAACP I would not put them on the same level as the Klan. That would probably be the Black Panthers.

Edited by - Bill scott on 07/13/2010 16:16:22
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  01:04:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You paint with a wide stroke my filthy friend. It would be no different then if I implied that any and all persons ever associated with the “community action” group ACORN were supportive of helping pimps set up an under age sex trade business and then helping them do it free of paying taxes.

I hope you realise the difference between the actions of one couple, compared to half of the picket carriers at every tea-bagger rally. Also, you need to get your satire-detection kit repaired.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  05:13:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

I hope you realise the difference between the actions of one couple,

The couple pulled this off at multiple ACORN offices. But as I said, just because some of the ACORN administration was acting very poorly, to say the least, I can not paint with such a wide stroke as to say all, or even most, ACORN supports support ACORN employees consulting folks on how to run a tax free teenage sex trade operation.

compared to half of the picket carriers at every tea-bagger rally.

You have drank the kool-aid my fine Swedish friend. Your 50% number is totally laughable, even to the hardest of hearts amongst the tea-party haters, and also shows that you have no interest in reality but, only an interest in whipping up a frenzy amongst your peers by flippantly playing the race card against anyone whom you view as your opponent. Pretty sad really. Where are all the right-wing extremist attacks that the left wing propaganda machine promised were coming after all the huge tea-party rallies we saw this spring? Where? We were warned of domestics terror attacks, civil disobedience and general pandemonium in the street from the right wing of the tea party. It has not happened. Look, from a group the size of the tea party group can you go though and hand pick out a few nut balls who have embedded themselves into the organization? Sure. But name me one organization of that size, or even close, where you can't. I know this is a very tough concept for you to wrap your brain around after going through 8 years of Bush and the media's negative and hateful obsession with him but, 99.5% of the tea party people are there because they disagree with Obama's policy and his agenda. Simple as that. To spin this off as some group who is obsessed with the fact that BO is only 1/2 white is just a lame attempt to smear one's opponent's character rather then to debate the issues and policy that the two factions seem to disagree upon. Don't debate in a civil fashion but rather smear their character with propaganda and flippant accusations. Nice, real nice. Straight out of the Jesse Jackson shakedown play book from page 14.

Also, you need to get your satire-detection kit repaired.

Just had it in on the scope and everything checked out fine. But thanks for the concern anyway.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  05:30:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The whole race card has been so over used by now that it has become akin to the boy who cried wolf.

. . .
Oh sure. Those alleged hundreds of years of slavery never happened, after all, huh? And there was never over a century of Jim Crow segregation afterward. And after that, there has been no resistance to treating African-Americans as equals. Yeah, the "racism card" certainly doesn't apply to the Teabaggers. There never was such a progressive and brotherly bunch as them.

Ha!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  05:57:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The couple pulled this off at multiple ACORN offices.
"Multiple" seems to mean "three." In other offices, "the couple" didn't really get what they wanted.
But as I said, just because some of the ACORN administration was acting very poorly, to say the least...
The ACORN people who acted poorly were low-level employees.
...I can not paint with such a wide stroke as to say all, or even most, ACORN supports support ACORN employees consulting folks on how to run a tax free teenage sex trade operation.
Of course you can't, because instead of the ACORN administration acting poorly, they in fact fired the employees who appeared in the videos (even the ones who called the cops) and began an internal investigation.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  06:50:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a new one. Fortunately it didn't require much speling.

I might paint with a wide stroke, Bill, but the pigment stays accurately within the lines.

Unlike the above dolts. Where do they get the idea that Obama is a socialist? And the comparison to Hitler and Lenin (a fascist and a communist respectively) is simply a display of ignorance that shows up at all too many teabag rallies. Further, I find myself reminded that none of this shit was going down until a colored guy won the presidency.

Hell, I wish he actually was a socialist! I also wish he'd quit being such a pussy with Congress.

As for ACORN, they're off the hook and hopefully will be back in business soon. And the would-be pimp and his would-be 'ho are getting hit with a lawsuit, as well they should.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  07:27:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Oh sure. Those alleged hundreds of years of slavery never happened, after all, huh? And there was never over a century of Jim Crow segregation afterward. And after that, there has been no resistance to treating African-Americans as equals.

Can you please name me one country where blacks have as many opportunities to succeed as they do right here in the United States? Where you and your propaganda go overboard is that this generation has bent over backwards to make amends for a past that they had no involvement in and certainly did not approve of. Many rules of society and social programs in this country have been tilted in favor of blacks with the full intent of helping them succeed. Again name me one country where blacks have more of opportunity for the "great American dream" then, well, right here in America, home of the Rooney Rule. Your pathetic generalization of the tea party based on nothing but a few hand picked examples out of millions of people who affiliate with the group is just your red haring attack to smear those with whom you disagree with politically and nothing more. What you do is no different then if I gathered a Rev. Al and Jesse's greatest hits collection and then insinuated that this somehow demonstrates that all blacks play the race card for political gain. Based on your convoluted thinking I can just go to the public records and point out all the black on white hate crimes that take place in this country on a daily bases and somehow twist this to imply that all blacks are violent racists. In your bizzarro world I could point out the fatherless rate in the black community and then imply that all blacks are bad fathers. You are what it is that you claim to despise. You simply hate, smear and taunt others based only on your own fears and insecurities.

Yeah, the "racism card" certainly doesn't apply to the Teabaggers.

You have yet to demonstrate, beyond smears and accusations, that it does.

There never was such a progressive and brotherly bunch as them.

Having been on the receiving end of your flippant, baseless and mean-spirited racist accusations in the past myself I am simply going to brush off your opinion with nothing more then a hand wave. Done.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.