General Skepticism
 Psychic Twins!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  09:27:14  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, anyone with enough time on their hands to verify any of their predictions? I'm having trouble just getting past their picture.

For each prediction they have a source so that theoretically, if one has access to the Coast to Coast AM magazine (where a lot of their predictions were made) to see if they actually did make specific enough predictions that could be counted as accurate.

Though at least some of their sources can be linked to. I suspect it'd be an interesting read.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 07/16/2010 09:33:15

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  19:56:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They should take the Randi Challenge, or shut the f up, IMO. If they refuse that, why should anyone call them "psychic"?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  03:30:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two frauds for the price of one! How can it get any better than that?

I've got their cute, little ass' right out of the starting gate:
9/11 Attacks on America The Psychic Twins were the only psychics who predicted the World Trade Center terrorist attacks and the attack on The Pentagon.
- Predicted on Art Bell "Coast to Coast A.M." Premier Radio 11/99
Bolding mine.

Art Bell was a notorious fraud in his own right. His radio program pandered to the woo among us and he'd take anything that smacked ot the paranormal. It's a safe bet that they told him all about their "prediction" after the fact.
The Psychic Twins predicted Spain to win 2010 World Cup championship over the Netherlands.
(CNN July 11, 2010) -- An overtime goal gives Spain its first World Cup victory, defeating the Netherlands 1-0. Spain had never reached a World Cup final before.
- Predicted on MySpace and Twitter

Paul the sushi beat them to it, but it was 50/50 odds going in, anyway. This ranks as no better than a good guess -- assuming that it was not made after the fact.

And so forth.....

I notice that they are tossing their flim-flam into After Dark magazine, which is the mouthpiece for Coast to Coast AM and pretty much Art Bell redux. It's scarcely worth the breath it takes to condemn it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 07/18/2010 03:54:10
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  07:55:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, I made a point of pointing out which magazine most of that stuff is in.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  09:25:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

So, anyone with enough time on their hands to verify any of their predictions? I'm having trouble just getting past their picture.

For each prediction they have a source so that theoretically, if one has access to the Coast to Coast AM magazine (where a lot of their predictions were made) to see if they actually did make specific enough predictions that could be counted as accurate.

Though at least some of their sources can be linked to. I suspect it'd be an interesting read.

No no no no no...

What predictions? Sylvia Browne claims she made important predictions too. Take a look at the site. There are, as usual, a list of successful hits, but few links to what was actually said. Plus some of the hits anyone could have made.

The Psychic Twins predicted a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico would make oil problems worse in summer 2010.
Well duh! And I predict that more storms will follow.

The Psychic Twins predicted breakthrough in AIDS prevention and stem cell use in 2010.

Well, other than the fact that this research has been going on for years because it holds great promise, the wording of the prediction is important. And what do you know? I can't find the exact wording of this prediction.

The Psychic Twins predicted Tiger Woods and wife Elin would soon divorce, and that she would get much more than her pre-nup amount.

Here's the best we get. http://psychictwins.com/news.html

On the Tiger Woods prediction, even the news guy says "well that's a pretty obvious one."
On this clip is a hilarious explanation of how they do what they do. Worth watching.

I could go on...

There are the usual testimonials.

What I want to see are predictions on the site for future events. Not just a list of successful hits of past events. I also want to see the exact wording of their predictions that they are claiming as hits. Make enough predictions, especially about natural disasters and terrorist attacks, and be vague enough and I guaranty some hits.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  09:50:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kil's got it, with his talking about the vagueness of predictions. And the list of "future events".

If I could get my hands on that crap I'd be able to read for myself the dates and the wording so I could judge them.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  11:28:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Psychic Twins predictions for 2010

I have to guess, because I didn’t listen to the show, that these were their most significant predictions:

Coast to Coast

Terry & Linda Jamison, the Psychic Twins:

There will be no tsunami activity this year.
No Katrina-level event, but Florida will be hit by a couple of hurricanes later in 2010.
Three assassination plots against President Obama will be thwarted.
Russia, China and Korea will launch successful cyber attacks on the United States.

Ooops. I wonder how they missed the worst ecological disaster in US history? And I wonder how they will work that one in once they figure out how to do it?

Here is why I didn’t actually listen to the show they were on:

Subscribe today to Coast to Coast AM's Streamlink - the only way to listen to Coast to Coast AM on the web. All audio streams are delivered to your computer in high quality, crystal clear audio. You also get THREE year's worth of audio archives and daily audio highlights.

You can choose Coast to Coast AM's Streamlink for just $6.95 each month, $29.95 for 6 months, or $54.95 for 12 months.

By the way, and I’m not going to bother linking to this because it’s all over google. They predicted that Hillary would win the presidency. Their claim is that they are almost never wrong...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  08:42:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)Tsunami activity 2010
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/27/chile-earthquake-tsunami_n_479393.html

2)Florida averages about one per year, seriously? That wouldnt even get you a point in my contest.

3)Many assassination "plots" vs potus are hatched every year, the vast majority are inept/insane and are easily thwarted.

4)Again these things happen on a weekly basis. So a one year window is not even a prediction but a statement of inevitability, i.e. "Duh".

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  09:04:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As we say in Brooklyn "Psychic my ass. Come over here, I something psychic for ya". They are your typical con artists who aren't even good enough to con the JREF out of their Million buck$, as HalfMooner pointed out. Lying and stealing from the gullible, a noble calling, just like religious leaders. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.