New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  07:13:29  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tea party candidate Christine O'Donnell has been in the news with her recent success in Delaware. Will she actually become a Senator.time will tell. Here might be some of her views, on some issues. Maybe not but she's getting credit for some pretty outrageous quotes. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  08:14:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt that she will be elected. She is running way behind in the polls. And the Republican party is not giving her much support. And yes, she said all of those stupid things and no doubt there are more to come!!!

Of course, there are other tea party candidates who probably will win unless the Dems get out and vote. Sucks!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  08:48:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to reverse my "not voting this time" position. Because of the extreme number of retards who are actually up for election this year. My vote won't be one cast in support of dems, but against the retards.

And if somehow the dems lose control of the house or the senate... I don't know what then. It seems impossible to me that they could lose, but it wouldn't make good TV unless there was some Jerry Springer style action going on, and if there isn't any happening, TV will invent some.

I'm pretty sure Dustin Hoffman made a move about this once... Wag The Dog.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  05:23:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Tea party candidate Christine O'Donnell has been in the news with her recent success in Delaware. Will she actually become a Senator.time will tell. Here might be some of her views, on some issues. Maybe not but she's getting credit for some pretty outrageous quotes. SS
My greatest fear is that she becomes another wingnut darling and we are stuck hearing all inanities she puts forth. A sequel. Palin II. Kind of like a car wreck you can't resist looking.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  06:33:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

My greatest fear is that she becomes another wingnut darling and we are stuck hearing all inanities she puts forth. A sequel. Palin II. Kind of like a car wreck you can't resist looking.

I too don't care for it either BUT I most definitely love the wing nuts, like Sara and Christine, getting the widest exposure that shows their true colors and how screwed up their principals and thinking are. This kind of press, on these kind of lunacies, plays very well from those who think this way but it is not going to get them in office, IMO. In spite of their thinking it will. They might think it will because when they make them, to groups of similar birds, they get cheers of approval, that I believe brings more. Time will bare this out one way or the other. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  08:37:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope she doesn't get elected but a Palin-Ebone-O'Donnell sandwich sounds quite appealing to me.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  08:52:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

I hope she doesn't get elected but a Palin-Ebone-O'Donnell sandwich sounds quite appealing to me.
There really is something wrong with you...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  09:09:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I have the uncanny ability to separate intelligence from cuteness.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  09:43:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The former influences the latter, in my mind.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2010 :  10:43:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With comments like, "What's next? Menage trois rooms?" from Christine. The concept is not unspeakable to her and "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, Nov. 1, 2008 . You might have some kind of chance and if you were single you might live to tell us about it. SS

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2010 :  11:03:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Originally posted by moakley

I too don't care for it either BUT I most definitely love the wing nuts, like Sara and Christine, getting the widest exposure that shows their true colors and how screwed up their principals and thinking are. This kind of press, on these kind of lunacies, plays very well from those who think this way but it is not going to get them in office, IMO. In spite of their thinking it will. They might think it will because when they make them, to groups of similar birds, they get cheers of approval, that I believe brings more. Time will bare this out one way or the other. SS

I guess we know now, eh?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2010 :  06:23:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I "technically" find Palin very attractive and O'Donnell cute, I have less-than-zero attraction to either. Their voices alone function as salt-peter. Add their loony viewpoints on top and I could easily be a monk in a world populated by Palin/O'Donnells.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Edited by - Fripp on 09/27/2010 06:25:14
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  18:10:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Christine O'Donnell has appeared on Bill Maher's previous show, Politically Incorrect, 22 times. Maher has the tapes, and says he will play a clip from them each week until O'Donnell appears on Real Time.

Here's Maher's offerings so far:

9/17/10: http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/christine-odonnell-i-dabbled-witchcraft-i-

9/24/10: http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/christine-odonnell-evolution-myth

(Ann Druyan appears just before the clip begins)

10/1/10: http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/christine-odonnell-i-would-have-become-har

(Isn't that interesting? The tea party loves meatballs, too.)

You know, personally, Bill, I don't really care if O'Donnell ever comes on Real Time before the election. It means more of these clips get shown revealing just what Christine really believes.

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Edited by - podcat on 10/02/2010 07:10:09
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  07:49:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She will be elected because God wills it.
POLITICAL INSIDER: O'Donnell says filibuster her first priority if elected senator

Republican Senate hopeful Christine O'Donnell says her first priority if elected would be to help the GOP block Democrats' priorities in a lame-duck session.

O'Donnell, the tea party-backed nominee in Delaware, said in an interview that she would work to stop any Democratic legislation proposed between the Nov. 2 election and when the new Congress is seated in January. Delaware's election is to fill the balance of Vice President Joe Biden's Senate term, so the winner can be seated immediately and will have a vote when Congress returns to take up its unfinished business, including debate on the Bush-era tax cuts.

"I could be that 41st vote making sure that they don't get 60 votes and that we can continue the filibuster to ensure that this back-room wheeling and dealing doesn't succeed," O'Donnell said in a Christian Broadcasting Network interview posted online Thursday.

CBN's Jennifer Wishon reported that O'Donnell spoke to her "before she stopped doing interviews at the advice of Tea Party power broker Sarah Palin."

"God's keeping me in the race," O'Donnell told Wishon

In the unlikely event that there actually is a god of some sort, that entity is probably finding Chrissy as amusing as we do. I think it's the dishonest streak that makes her say just anything that might disrupt the echo in her head, causing hilarity wherever she goes.

Some years ago, I'd say she was unelectable but today that doesn't hold. It's gotten too crazy out there to make any prognostications.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  14:38:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Kil

Duct-tape comes in different colours these days. Maybe if you pick a skin-close colour to tape her mouth, it might work.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  10:37:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, it violates the freedom of speech.

Also, with her big mouth, you would never have enough tape to finish the job.

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.