Refuting Bible skeptics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  11:10:38  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I misspelled the skepticfriends.org domain and it brought me to http://www.bibleintegrity.org/

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  12:22:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which misspelling did you make?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  13:04:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could it be skepticfriends.com ?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  13:12:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, when I think of it, we've had this subject up before. That a skepticfriends-similar address forwards to a dishonest God-bot site.

I just can't think of the relevant search-words right now. I've got a bad cold, and I took my brain offline to give it a thorough soaking/washup in ethanol imported from Scotland.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  13:23:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't notice what I typed. I was just surprised when the unexpected page came up. Being a sys admin, my first thought was that SFN was hacked.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  14:01:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny, the same guy who owns bibleintegrity.org, Bruce Caley, also owns bibledebunked.com and has it up for sale.

http://whois.domaintools.com/bibledebunked.com
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  14:59:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Funny, the same guy who owns bibleintegrity.org, Bruce Caley, also owns bibledebunked.com and has it up for sale.

http://whois.domaintools.com/bibledebunked.com

...which also redirects to bibleintegrity.org

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  15:24:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A "refutation" from the site:

1. "The Two Creations"

A non-biased (i.e. non-blind faith) reading of Genesis 1 & 2 usually results in the understanding that Genesis 2 is just Genesis 1 expressed in a different way, not a contradiction.

Thats it. Nothing more than a "no its not". Sheesh. What a waste of bits.

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  21:15:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2. "Who created heaven and earth [Jesus or God]?"

Obviously Jesus, the son of God, is God like a human child is human like their father or mother. Not a contradiction.

Shifting goal posts anyone?

To be logically consistent it should read: Obviously Jesus, the son of God, is God like a human child, the son of their father or mother, is their own father or mother...unless in the authors context god is just a species of being, in which case the author is a polytheist.
Edited by - chefcrsh on 10/08/2010 21:19:17
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  07:51:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chefcrsh

2. "Who created heaven and earth [Jesus or God]?"

Obviously Jesus, the son of God, is God like a human child is human like their father or mother. Not a contradiction.

Shifting goal posts anyone?

To be logically consistent it should read: Obviously Jesus, the son of God, is God like a human child, the son of their father or mother, is their own father or mother...unless in the authors context god is just a species of being, in which case the author is a polytheist.

I fing the whole Jesus/God duality thing most frustrating. Was he the son of God, or was he God? Christians choose whichever one suits their needs at the time. At one time they will make a big deal out of God sacrificing his only begotten son, and what a huge sacrifice it was, yet at other times they stress that Jesus and God are one-in-the-same! That just seems to negate much of the sacrifice. I mean, He knew it was only temporary and He'd soon be right back as God of the freeking universe! No sacrifice at all, really. I know, its supposed to be a MYSTERY, but that just confirmsit makes no sense whatsoever to christians as well.

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  12:53:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by leoofno
I fing the whole Jesus/God duality thing most frustrating.
That's because you don't have any/enough practice in Double Think(tm).

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  19:46:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah ha! I accidentally went to the wrong site again, but this time I have the squatted domain: SkepticFriendsNetwork.org
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  22:18:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ah ha! I accidentally went to the wrong site again, but this time I have the squatted domain: SkepticFriendsNetwork.org
Oh cool! Your not planning on holding it for ransom are you?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  03:17:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found it humorous that he attacks the Skeptic's Anointed Bible right out of the gate. Quote mining SFN provided a bonus chuckle.
The Skeptic Friends Network thinks that the dream in Daniel 4:11 is "Daniel’s dream..." In fact, it is was Nebuchadnezzar's dream, a pagan King. Who cares if a pagan King's dream dream implies a flat earth and is not scientifically sound? The Bible is simply providing an accurate historical record of Nebuchadnezzar's distorted dream.

The Hebrew word "aguddah" in Amos 9:6 does not imply a hard surface nor a dome or vaulted surface. In all other uses it simply means to bind together, like gravity holding the atmosphere to the earth. This verse also seems to describe the hydrologic cycle.

The Hebrew word "avah" in Isaiah 24:1 means to "distort" like in an earthquake or to "ruin", not to turn it "upside down" as the KJV incorrectly translates.

The Friends Skeptic Friends Network says that the "Bible also advocates Geocentrism:"

I also liked this:
It's easy to debunk the skeptics. A little rational, open-minded thinking is all it takes.

Talks a good fight, doesn't he? If skeptics are so easy to "debunk," why does he not do so? I notice that he used the old AiG trick of translating from the Hebrew, one word at a time, to make a point. I've always found that humorous as well because it relies upon the assumption that the Bible is literally the word of God, and that has yet to be confirmed. Single word translations, concievably of doubtful accuracy, are conformation of nothing beyond the existence of the Hebrew language.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2010 :  23:44:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Oh cool! Your not planning on holding it for ransom are you?

Oh, I just noticed my misspeak. {rolls eyes}
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.