Just another goddamned Democrat .....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  07:16:34  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... with the spine of a salp.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is open to the idea of discussing an extension of Bush-era tax cuts for all income levels, the White House said on Thursday.

Two days after congressional elections, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs signaled that Obama might consider a compromise with Republicans that would keep tax breaks not only for the middle-class but for wealthier Americans as well.

"He'd be open to having that discussion and open to listening to what the debate is on both sides of that," Gibbs told reporters.

"Making those tax cuts for the upper end permanent is something that the president does not believe is a good idea," Gibbs said. He said he believed the discussion would take a large part of the final weeks of this year's U.S. congressional session.

The White House said the tax discussion would also be a main topic in the meeting on November 18 that Obama will host at the White House with Democratic and Republican congressional leaders.

Meanwhile, Republicans signaled their determination to push the issue of an across-the-board extension of the tax cuts that were enacted during the administration of Republican President George W. Bush.

"On the economy, we will work hard to ensure Democrats don't raise taxes on anybody, especially in the middle of a recession," Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said in the speech at the Heritage Foundation.
Has Obama forgotten exactly who got us into said recession? Evidently, he has and thus Reagonomics lives while he and the rest of us get pissed on yet again.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  07:58:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He pisses me off.

Mr Prez, if the Reps had NO interest in working with you when they were a "dead" party, why the hell would they want to work with you now? My apologies for mixing metaphors, but the Reps smell blood in the water, and if he rolls over and shows his belly, they certainly aren't going to scratch him.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  08:03:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

...and if he rolls over and shows his belly, they certainly aren't going to scratch him.
Well, not in a nice way.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  10:10:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rethug leaders of house and senate have been hammering in the "no compromise" message since before the election. With the history of the last two years and the statements currently being made.... why the fuck is Obama taking a conciliatory tone with them? Fuck that.

Never voting for another dem unless they stand up and fight. I give Obama credit for getting some stuff done, but he truly needs to push back hard against these reality deniers. They have blocked almost everything he has done, they have demanded changes (healthcare, for example) and won them, but then voted against the bills.

Dems need to fight back.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.