bin Laden innocent?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  05:22:42  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno, but Noam Chomski makes a pretty good argument for it. As skeptics, we demand evidence and now that I think of it, the Bush administration came up with precious little beyond cheap rhetoric -- about anything, really.
Leading liberal intellectual Noam Chomsky just told Press TV:

"The explicit and declared motive of the [Afghanistan] war was to compel the Taliban to turn over to the United States, the people who they accused of having been involved in World Trade Center and Pentagon terrorist acts. The Taliban…they requested evidence…and the Bush administration refused to provide any," the 81-year-old senior academic made the remarks on Press TV's program a Simple Question.

"We later discovered one of the reasons why they did not bring evidence: they did not have any."

The political analyst also said that nonexistence of such evidence was confirmed by FBI eight months later.

"The head of FBI, after the most intense international investigation in history, informed the press that the FBI believed that the plot may have been hatched in Afghanistan, but was probably implemented in the United Arab Emirates and Germany."

Chomsky added that three weeks into the war, "a British officer announced that the US and Britain would continue bombing, until the people of Afghanistan overthrew the Taliban... That was later turned into the official justification for the war."

"All of this was totally illegal. It was more, criminal," Chomsky said.

Well, it was the beginning of the Bush/Cheney debacle when lying was standard, operating procedure, so this should come as small surprise. However, if indeed this is is the case, I would like to see those individuals responsible for getting us into two useless wars stand before a court and explain themselves.

I find it sickly amusing that Bush has Saddam's pistol gracing his "library" like a trophy walleye. And right from the first, I've wondered if it wasn't planted on him. I have no evidence in support of this beyond the blatant dishonesty of those tragic times.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  05:33:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there's plenty of evidence that Bin Laden was behind it, there's even a video of him discussing it with an aide. He was heard remarking that they never expected the destruction to be that great. But the Bush/Cheney crime syndicate immediately seized upon the opportunity they were given to subvert the constitution and attempt a bloodless coup. Fortunately some semblance of reason prevailed, but much damage has been done. Most members of that (mis)administration should be in jail.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  05:40:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Innocent? Not from the way Osama bin Laden himself tells it.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.