Will she?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  13:23:19  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will Palin run for the presidency? At this point, I think so. Everything I've read implies that she has something like an 80% approval rating amongst Republican dullards, and she's never one to miss an opportunity to get up on the stage. This could give her the nomination.

Sarah Palin, in an interview for the cover story of the forthcoming New York Times Magazine, acknowledged she will need to find new advisers if she makes a presidential run, and shows self-awareness about the need to prove herself on the issues.

Palin spoke for close to an hour by phone with the article’s author, Robert Draper, two days after the midterm elections. Draper, who strongly suggests she appears to be running for president in 2012, asked her if she was already weighing the race.

“I am,” Palin replied. “I’m engaged in the internal deliberations candidly, and having that discussion with my family, because my family is the most important consideration here.”

Draper writes in the 7,800-word article: “Palin went on to say that there weren’t meaningful differences in policy among the field of G.O.P. hopefuls ‘but that in fact there’s more to the presidency than that’ and that her decision would involve evaluating whether she could bring unique qualities to the table. ‘Yes, the organization would have to change,’ Palin said. ‘I’d have to bring in more people — more people who are trustworthy.’” (See: Why Dems don't dump Pelosi)

The Times is posting the article, “The Palin Network: How the G.O.P.’s leading shadow candidate runs her guerilla organization,” on Wednesday.

Palin said she knows that “proving my record” is “a hurdle I would have to cross, that some other potential candidates wouldn’t have to cross right out of the chute.”

“That’s the most frustrating thing for me — the warped and perverted description of my record and what I’ve accomplished over the last two decades,” she told Draper. (See: Behind delayed summit: GOP distrust)

“It’s been much more perplexing to me than where the lamestream media has wanted to go about my personal life. And other candidates haven’t faced these criticisms the way I have. … I’m on television nearly every single day with reporters … Now granted, that’s mainly through my job at Fox News, and I’m very proud to be associated with them, but I’m not avoiding anything or anybody. I’m on Facebook and Twitter. I’m out there. I want to talk about my record, though.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45264.html#ixzz15ZTX6Fav

This featherhead really should avoid talking about her record, which has been pretty dismal and even somewhat insane to date.

Anyhow, if nominated, could she be elected? I really don't know -- there's a lot of Independent dullards out there who like her, as well.

And if elected, we'll get to observe the greatest clown show since the maladroit Bush fell off his Segway.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  15:25:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope she doesn’t. I agree with some of her politics but she does not carry herself well, she sometimes acts like a gossiping housewife. Also, I don’t respect her quitting as governor of Alaska so she could go around and make money for herself. Our next candidate needs to be someone that all the independents and moderates can get behind. Palin is not it.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  15:42:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out Palin's Definition of Glamour and Culture.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  18:49:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A whole lot of Republicans will be very unhappy if Palin runs. I'm not a Republican. I'll be very happy if she runs.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  18:50:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Funny. But I'm not sure it's news that Palin has all of the depth of a birdbath...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  06:41:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I dunno. There is nothing particularly bothersome to me about a woman getting excited about having some new cosmetic products available to purchase. I also do not think that being excited about it is a ding on her character.
What, have you guys never been married to a woman before? My wife would be jumping up and down with giddiness if a celebrity was on hand endorsing their new product line.
If Steve Vai were in town endorsing his new guitar I would be the same way.

That being said Sarah Palin has no business even considering running this country...but not because one time she was excited about going shopping. That article does a pretty lousy job of attacking her character.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  07:55:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

But you didn't campaign for VP on a platform of dismissing "elites" (like Steve Vai) and pointing to the lack of guitars and guitar gods in your state as a virtue.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  08:31:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But you didn't campaign for VP on a platform of dismissing "elites" (like Steve Vai) and pointing to the lack of guitars and guitar gods in your state as a virtue.

Nope, I'm calling irrelevent gossip on this one.
Unfortunately the filters here will not let me see the original article but if it was from before she was even mayor then it would have been before 1996. She would have been in her late 20's early 30's at the time. You do realize that people usually mature as they age right? A fluff article quoting a local woman who was doing some shopping is not at all a good attack on her character and being skeptics we should realize that.
Promoting this particular piece as some sort of character attack amounts to nothing more than gossip and I am not about to fall into that trap. Give me something of substance.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  09:11:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The article is from 1994. Yes, some people mature, but I see no evidence that Palin has.

The article also suggests that Palin lied to her husband. It says she told him she was going to Costco, but instead went to see Ivana at JC Penny.

But really, my linking to that piece was for no other reason than to point and laugh. It was never intended to be a substantive criticism. We've got plenty of that about her already, usually just by letting her speak and thus embarrass herself.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  09:34:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The article also suggests that Palin lied to her husband. It says she told him she was going to Costco, but instead went to see Ivana at JC Penny.

But really, my linking to that piece was for no other reason than to point and laugh. It was never intended to be a substantive criticism. We've got plenty of that about her already, usually just by letting her speak and thus embarrass herself.

Oh the scandal! Headline- " Woman lies to husband, Tells him she is going to Wal-Mart but is spotted at Macy's instead!"

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  10:11:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Nope, I'm calling irrelevent gossip on this one.
Unfortunately the filters here will not let me see the original article but if it was from before she was even mayor then it would have been before 1996. She would have been in her late 20's early 30's at the time. You do realize that people usually mature as they age right? A fluff article quoting a local woman who was doing some shopping is not at all a good attack on her character and being skeptics we should realize that.
Promoting this particular piece as some sort of character attack amounts to nothing more than gossip and I am not about to fall into that trap. Give me something of substance.
Nothing here should have prevented you from seeing the original article. But here it is:
Alaskans line up for a whiff of Ivana (April 3, 1996)

Also, I happen to agree with you that this doesn't mean anything. It's gossip. But it's fun gossip.

If the fact that she couldn't name a single paper or magazine that she reads, or didn't know what the Bush doctrine is, her lies about "the bridge to nowhere" among many many other things she has said and done that should have disqualified her in the eyes of even those she gives her pep rally speeches to, but hasn't, says way more about the tea party voters than it does about her. She's a dingaling who knows how to talk to an audience, which is a talent, but not the only one a person should have to be qualified to be president of the United States.

Sarah Palin's Greatest Hits

And

Dumb Sarah Palin Quotes, Gaffes and Lies - Updated Frequently

Gossip isn't really needed. Palin provides her own punch-lines. This is not a person who should be president. And that even a fairly large part of the electorate on the right thinks that she is qualified, scares the hell out of me...

Anyhow, if she runs, what's she going to do about the press? She has had two years to learn about how our government works and so on and she's still making mistakes. Big ones. And once into a campaign, that sort of thing is going to matter. I think she can pull the base, and the Joe the Plumbers out there, but that's not enough. Obama, even if he is unpopular in 2012, will cream her. At least, that's what I think...

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  10:21:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing here should have prevented you from seeing the original article. But here it is:
Alaskans line up for a whiff of Ivana (April 3, 1996)

I mean the filters here at the "W' word. Shhhhhh.......

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds.