Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  02:26:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to do all the good things without doing the bad things?

Is the American population owning the bad shit that its government has done, or do they still hit their chest and proclaim themselves the greatest democracy in the world?
I'm not saying our actions in recent years are justified, just that the general hate that seems to be circulating is not.
Maybe arrogance is a contributing factor to the generation of hatred? And the fear of the consequences of having morons like George W Bush as president, or Inhofe in the senate.

Also, we invented .... antibiotics.
I thought Alexander Fleming was Brittish. Howard Florey was Australian.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  08:40:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mab asked:
Is the American population owning the bad shit that its government has done, or do they still hit their chest and proclaim themselves the greatest democracy in the world?

Is there any polite way to respond to derogatory generalizations of an entire group of people? We have had this argument before and you know damn well it's just as much of a mixed bag here as it is in Sweden. The problem is complacency not your offensive and bigoted idea that everyone here moves in some arrogant lockstep.

Is it possible to do all the good things without doing the bad things?

No. I do agree that we should be doing less of the bad shit though, and so do most people here. Our political system is a fucking retarded and outmoded joke that has become dominated by ultra wealthy special interests though, so changing things without bloodshed is difficult. You find me a way to convince the 18-30 year olds here to get to the voting booth every time and I'll give you an USA that behaves itself much better on the international stage.

I thought Alexander Fleming was British. Howard Florey was Australian.

My bad. Flemming was a Scotsman and Florey an Aussie and Chain was British. I was tired when I posted that..... O.o

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  18:05:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, on the plus side, you did invent the glory-hole

Go to Top of Page

skepticalover

12 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  23:33:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit skepticalover's Homepage Send skepticalover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They just exposed a company (that had a prior record of child sex trade) that our tax dollars funded to buy underage sex slaves for members of the police force we were training over there, how can Wikileaks not be a good thing?

Nail polish without all the carcinogens - http://www.metapolish.com
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  13:37:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by skepticalover

They just exposed a company (that had a prior record of child sex trade) that our tax dollars funded to buy underage sex slaves for members of the police force we were training over there, how can Wikileaks not be a good thing?

I'm of the opinion that Wikileaks is of vital importannce for the healthy skepticism of the "leaders" of the world community. They need to know that they can't pull shit off like they've been doing without repercussions.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2010 :  16:06:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
US State Department is swinging its ugly dick pressuring VISA, MasterCard, and Paypal to block WikiLeaks support.

They just lost another customer. As did Amazon.
I'm getting more and more convinced that WikiLeaks should benefit from my economical support.

USA is currently suffering from the Streisand Effect.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.