Fr. Moyle any regrets yet?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  17:03:14  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe everyone has seen this over at Pharyngula. At comment 25 Fr. Moyle decided to engage the Pharyngulites. I suspect he regrets that decision. And more on his blog he was allowing comments to the same essay.

My comment: "Confirmation bias. Instead of addressing the other issues raised with your essay you address the one that you believe confirms it. I suggest that it was an intended deceit on your part over at Pharyngula when you said that you write such essays to encourage discussion. Realizing that out of dozens, and now hundreds, or replies that you could pick the replies that confirm your essay. You did so there and now here. With no apparent intent on engaging those thoughtful criticisms of your essay. It may be that you find yourself ill equiped for such discussion when your primary duties require interaction with passive listeners."

Fr. Moyles reply: Anonymous: I think that Jerry Seinfeld nailed my opinion of your concern when he said "Yadda, yadda, yadda."

Bye for now.

Fr. Tim
I'm surprised he replied. I do not see that he had anything to gain by doing so.
My reply (which has not been posted yet)Fr. Moyle said: I think that Jerry Seinfeld nailed my opinion of your concern when he said "Yadda, yadda, yadda."

So it appears that I am right about your intent and further it is much worse than I suggested. You were lying about wanting to engage in discussion.

And one more point "Yadda, yadda, yadda" is not an opinion it is vacuous chatter which ironically may be the most cogent reply you have attempted.
Does it survive moderation? Maybe, but I find myself growing a little tired of Fr. Moyle.

edited: I understood what Fr. Moyle intended in his reply I just decided to take it for a little spin.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous

Edited by - moakley on 12/22/2010 17:17:18
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.