Metabunk: Dedicated to the art and pastime of hone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  12:29:36  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I found a new skepticism website. He has a similar attitude and goals as I do with my Denkatron.

http://metabunk.org/

Why would you debunk?
http://metabunk.org/content/122-Why-Debunk

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  12:30:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops, the subject got truncated. It's...

Metabunk: Dedicated to the art and pastime of honest, scientific debunking
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 01/03/2011 14:14:27
Go to Top of Page

Mick West

1 Post

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  14:47:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Mick West's Homepage Send Mick West a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you ThorGoLucky.

Some context - I also created ContrailScience.com (in the news recently with the Mystery Missile story), and MorgellonsWatch.com (in the news a couple of years ago). Those are both single issue debunking sites. Now I agree with what Tim Farley says in The Long Tail of Skeptical Web Sites "don’t fall into the trap of creating just another skeptical blog". But I've got two long tails, and wanted to do something more general.

My debunking philosophy is one of polite engagement and succinct, accessible rebuttals. I steer clear of mockery and denigration wherever possible, as I've found it highly counterproductive.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  15:22:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to SFN, Mick West. I'll be sure to check out your site.

Just so you know, as a member here, you can add your site yourself to our skeptic links section. (I'd link to it but I'm actually too busy at the moment.) It's on the main menu.

And yeah. Tim Farley is rather smart about how to go about creating a successful skeptic site. Nice guy too...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  15:43:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Mick West
My debunking philosophy is one of polite engagement and succinct, accessible rebuttals. I steer clear of mockery and denigration wherever possible, as I've found it highly counterproductive.
I have the same philosophy, however there is some distance between where I am and where I want to be. Too often frustration gets the better of me, and also I have tendency to complicate things more than I initially intended.

Anyway, the layout of your website is very slick. Nicely done!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  16:14:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ContrailScience.com rox. Kewl!

My derision of believers of bunk has been tempered by conversations with dear friends who believe in it no matter what the evidence, but I still find myself deriding the bunk itself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.