Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2016 :  12:02:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Except Ken Ham to gloat that a judge has handed him $18 million in tax incentives. Don't expect the ruling to be appealed, because the Governor of Kentucky is very much in favor of the Ark Park.

Bah!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  18:57:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Panda's Thumb reports:
Ken Ham’s Ark “replica” is scheduled to open around July 7, or 7/7, in part because Genesis 7:7 says “and Noah went in and his sons, and his wife, and his sons’ wives with him, into the ark,” according to a recent article and a short video by Karla Ward in the Lexington News-Herald. Sorry, no animals inside, but there will be a petting zoo outside. The animals inside the ark will be “sculpted.”
I bet the ventilation system required to keep an indoor petting zoo's odor tolerable was waaaay too expensive for Ken Ham. God probably miracled all the pee and poo out of the real Ark.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2016 :  19:13:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Panda's Thumb reports:
Ken Ham’s Ark “replica” is scheduled to open around July 7, or 7/7, in part because Genesis 7:7 says “and Noah went in and his sons, and his wife, and his sons’ wives with him, into the ark,” according to a recent article and a short video by Karla Ward in the Lexington News-Herald. Sorry, no animals inside, but there will be a petting zoo outside. The animals inside the ark will be “sculpted.”
I bet the ventilation system required to keep an indoor petting zoo's odor tolerable was waaaay too expensive for Ken Ham. God probably miracled all the pee and poo out of the real Ark.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2016 :  12:46:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't you see Noah the motion picture? All the animals were in a state of magically induced coma during the voyage.

Actually, as a work of fantasy fiction, I don't think "Noah" was all that bad. I missed it in the theatre for a natural reason, but got it on TiVo the other month.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  09:57:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Didn't you see Noah the motion picture? All the animals were in a state of magically induced coma during the voyage.

Didn't see it myself. Seems reasonable enough, seeing how the original story is made up to begin with. God could have also just as easily shrunk them down to an inch big (24 cm) so they could all fit. Why not? Can't prove it didn't happen, right?

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2016 :  07:34:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fantasy park is getting closer to opening day. If we don't have our delusions what would make life worth living? At least for those who need them. Fantasies like" My daddy can beat up your daddy" were so comforting when needed. Disneyland makes money from cartoon characters, what is wrong with doing the same with a Bible character? Come on all you atheists, start saving and planning and get ready to go there and support the park. Just like you did for the Creation Museum.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  17:42:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every day is April Fool’s Day for fools:
I guess Ken Ham is feeling the sting of all those comments about the absurdity of his efforts to build a “life size” ark — he’s got cranes and steel reinforcements and concrete and a swarm of construction crews laboring to assemble his boondoggle, yet somehow, this giant imaginary boat was supposed to have been built by one guy and his sons 4000 years ago, out of wood. How to reconcile the contemporary tech of his construct with the basic woodworking skills of a Mesopotamian carpenter? Easy! Imagine they had super-scientific engineering technology that has been lost to us! You want proof? He’s not joking: archaeologists found non-stick frying pans in Roman sites, therefore, Noah might have had diesel trucks.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2016 :  17:36:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken Ham thinks that fooling people helps spread the word of god. Because being in awe of modern construction techniques and materials is exactly the "correct way" to think about Noah.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2016 :  17:48:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ken Ham thinks that fooling people helps spread the word of god. Because being in awe of modern construction techniques and materials is exactly the "correct way" to think about Noah.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  20:20:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too awesome to be true: Noah's Ark Theme Park destroyed in a flood.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2016 :  10:32:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Too awesome to be true: Noah's Ark Theme Park destroyed in a flood.
One of my online friends who should know better always falls for these hoaxes. He's a paleontologist who who's written several books and co-wrote with Daniel Loxton, Abominable Science which also serves as a good lesson in skepticism. And yet, he falls for all this stuff. Ed Brayton, Jim Lippard and several other skeptics including me have been on his case about his credulity with regard to these hoaxes. And he's a skeptic. Go figure.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2016 :  06:51:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Public schools taking kids on field trips to the Creation Museum.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2016 :  10:52:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken Ham’s Ark Park to “Debunk” the Happy Story of Noah:
...For the record: I agree with Ken Ham. The Christian God is a horrible monster.

Ham is not in any way trying to contradict this reading of the Bible, and in fact the Ark is going to have an entire exhibit debunking the “dangerous” image of Noah as a happy old man surrounded by cute animals and rainbows. Ham wants people to know that it is not a happy children’s story — it is a horror film in which God literally commits mass murder, and he believes that it’s dangerous for kids to grow up thinking otherwise...

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2016 :  17:37:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New Ad for Ark Encounter Contradicts Ken Ham’s Understanding of Biblical “Kinds”

Apparently, "Kinds" don't matter in the ads for the Ark Encounter.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2016 :  11:56:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not about the Ark Park, but I didn't want to start a new thread about Ken Ham's Tweets.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.