Ham's hiring....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  07:03:25  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AiG is hiring, according to PZ.
Wow, Ken Ham has been touting all the jobs his Ark Park will bring into Kentucky, and he's already advertising. Isn't that great? Look what opportunities are available:

Job Opportunities in the United States:

Constituent Data Administrator (CDA)

Guest Services Coordinator

Public Safety Console Operator

Senior Database Administrator (Senior DBA)

Video Editor/Animator/VFX

Web Developer--Python

Zoo Keeper

Ark Encounter Jobs

That's a diverse assortment of jobs, and they just have one thing in common. One little bitty catch.

All job applicants need to supply a written statement of their testimony, a statement of what they believe regarding creation and a statement that they have read and can support the AiG statement of faith.

This preposterous document can be found here. I won’t go into it except for this statement:
The final guide to the interpretation of Scripture is Scripture itself.
It doesn’t get much more circular than that.

And this mouldy old favorite:
The Noachian Flood was a significant geological event and much (but not all) fossiliferous sediment originated at that time.
”Fossiliferous” sediment? It’s a word, I suppose, but it’s unlikely to show up in the Journal of Nature. Or, perhaps, the dictionary. Now, I’ve been given to understand that the statement was to be written in the jugular blood of the applicant’s first-born son, but then they realized that everyone doesn’t have sons, and most of those who do object to having their kid’s throat slit. So they had to abandon the idea. A pity, really; it’s so biblical!

Say, did you know that Bill Nye the science guy stopped at the AiG “museum” gate, took a photograph, then split? Well he did and willfully committed the awful sin of not donating to them. Thus, this whine:
Published on February 8, 2011 in Current Issues in the World.
Last year I wrote a blog about Bill Nye (from the well-known TV program, Bill Nye the Science Guy) being presented the “Humanist of the Year” award.

Well, on PopularMechanics.com, Bill Nye was interviewed about the teaching of evolution in public schools. I have pasted in some of his statements, with comments from me. It is amazing how the question he was asked concerned molecules-to-man evolution, and then his answer shows how he mixes up historical (or origins) science (e.g., historical geology, paleontology, etc., from which belief in evolution is supposedly derived) with observational (or operational) science (the observational and experimental research that builds our technology and so on). He really doesn’t understand the nature of these two significantly different categories of science:

No one at AiG understands anything about science beyond how to quote mine it and spin cheap apologetics about it. They have several PhDs on staff, but no scientists.

And thus, they are as full of coprolites as ever, and have been clear back to when Ham was an Australian (no, Oz won‘t take him back; I‘ve asked).

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  07:06:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

The final guide to the interpretation of Scripture is Scripture itself.
It doesn’t get much more circular than that.

The radius has shortened to the point where it isn't a circle anymore, it's just a dot.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  10:12:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, is it then settled that Kentucky is going to give Ham a huge tax break to run the Ark business with employment strictly limited to a certain brand of YEC religious fanatics of Ham's choosing?

If so, Kentucky will be not only allowing religious discrimination in business, they will be rewarding it (as they already are doing in the case of the Creation "Museum"), and will be also in further violation of the Establishment Claus.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  15:16:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by HalfMooner

So, is it then settled that Kentucky is going to give Ham a huge tax break to run the Ark business with employment strictly limited to a certain brand of YEC religious fanatics of Ham's choosing?

If so, Kentucky will be not only allowing religious discrimination in business, they will be rewarding it (as they already are doing in the case of the Creation "Museum"), and will be also in further violation of the Establishment Claus.
Ah, I see that you comprehend. You have done well Grasshopper and the mysteries of the Cosmos will be revealed unto your eye.

No they won't, and yep, Ham's pulling yet another rip at least partially sudsidised by the state of KY due to their moron of a govenor. He's good at that, is Ham; just ask CMI in Australia; they used to be AiG.

I don't know the ins & outs of the law on this. It just seems to me like it's a sort of discrimination little better than the racial kind. there will be no Jews, no Muslims, no Hindi, no Orientals (whatever they worship), no Mormans, no Spagetti Monstertarians on staff at the Ark "Encounter," and certainly no atheists, agnostics, apatheists, nor scientists who study actual science. This thing is going to be a tower in tribute to honky ignorance.

I suggest following Nye's example and drive up, take a picture, flip them off, and drive away.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.