I’ve just got to wonder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  07:31:34  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm finally reading the Bible. I am up to the Joseph part in Genesis. I'm not really finding a whole lot I didn't already know so far but there is one thing that stands which I do not think should be ignored. There is a whole lot of sister-fucking going on! It isn't until the Jacob (Isreal) part that someone starts fucking women as distant as first cousin!

I wonder what the fundies think about it. They seem to take everything else in Genesis literally. I wonder if they think it is OK to fuck their sisters and cousins? Maybe I should e-mail Ken Hamm and ask him.

Thoughts?

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  08:05:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

I'm finally reading the Bible. I am up to the Joseph part in Genesis. I'm not really finding a whole lot I didn't already know so far but there is one thing that stands which I do not think should be ignored. There is a whole lot of sister-fucking going on! It isn't until the Jacob (Isreal) part that someone starts fucking women as distant as first cousin!

I wonder what the fundies think about it. They seem to take everything else in Genesis literally. I wonder if they think it is OK to fuck their sisters and cousins? Maybe I should e-mail Ken Hamm and ask him.

Thoughts?
By today's moral standards, the OT is a mess. But remember, those passages were screeved by humans, some of whom probably thought that keeping the nooky in the family was much better and safer than inviting in unreliable strangers. After all, who knew where they'd been?

Hereza link for ya: Link!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  08:24:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Recently an academic decided to catalogue all of the paraphilia in the bible. Lets just say there is a lot.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19239958
You will need access to a university library or something similar for the full text.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  08:33:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno, my sisters are pretty damned good looking but there is no way I could bring myself to do them.

Yuck.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  10:37:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ebone.....

Great ammunition for Fundie ambush encounters or relaxed conversation with your crazy brother-in-law.

If you are really interested in supporting Incest Begins at Home, Ecstasy is probably the best drug of choice. There are several others that work selectively - different 'Ludes for different Dudes, you know.

As you might suspect, there is a national society and brotherhood (sisterhood?) of folks with odd carnal desires. If you would like further information, I would be glad to send it to you.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  19:19:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thoughts?

I think he'll quickly point out that there are other people that were created after Adam and Eve from which to marry. Specifically, Cain has to go to the land of Nod to get a wife after killing his brother.

There were other people not in Eden from which to marry. While some assume that there are none and refer to the incestuous relationships (of which there are plenty in the document) there are statements in Genesis which indicate that there are other created beings not being the issue of Adam and Eve.

The portion that may be of interest is Genesis 4:12-17.

And a Wiccan is correcting Bible reading. How messed up is that?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  19:54:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Genesis 3:20 clearly says that Eve "would become the mother of all the living." A plain reading thus indicates that all the female inhabitants of the Land of Nod were either sisters or nieces of Cain.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  20:56:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Genesis 3:20 clearly says that Eve "would become the mother of all the living." A plain reading thus indicates that all the female inhabitants of the Land of Nod were either sisters or nieces of Cain.
Aha, but what if some other women contemporary with Eve at some point no longer had any descendants? E.g. what if all people now living all had Eve (and not Clarabelle, Emily, Deidre etc) as their common ancestor?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  06:22:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget Adam's first wife, Lilith.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  12:07:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thoughts?

They have no problem with early incest in the bible whatsoever.

Yep. "Absolute morality" for you.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  17:46:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

Aha, but what if some other women contemporary with Eve at some point no longer had any descendants? E.g. what if all people now living all had Eve (and not Clarabelle, Emily, Deidre etc) as their common ancestor?
Really, it's all moot. I have two parents, four grandparents, eight great-grandparents, etc. So even assuming no direct incest among my ancestors, there would be more of them just 29 generations ago than there were humans alive on Earth. Thus, we're all necessarily related, and except for people from isolated (and thus much more inbred) populations, can't be more than about 29th cousins from one another. Since 29 generations is only about 725 years, there were necessarily 5,275 years of even more-direct inbreeding going on since Adam and Eve, since the world population was much smaller long ago.

In other words, the idea that two people with the same last name might be of "no relation" is absurd. Everyone is related to everyone else, and we just arbitrarily choose some distance between relatives to say that we're not related or that sex isn't incest. In still other words, if Adam and Eve were created people, and the people of the Land of Nod were created separately, then they might not have been committing incest, but we all are now, with mathematical certainty.

On the other hand, Adam and Eve were necessarily clones with a chromosome tweak (male to female). And a question that has plagued philosophers for centuries decades is this: if you have sex with your clone, is it incest or just masturbation? Either way, it doesn't look good for the Biblical pair.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  18:19:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Perhaps the Bible is using it in the context of Saddam Husain’s "mother of all battles." That didn't work out too well for him, as I recall.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.