We are a nation of morons!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  06:09:19  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We really don't pay attention, do we? If we did, Ronald Reagan would come no where near to being judged the "greatest president ever."
Poll: Americans say Reagan the best president, favor George W. Bush to Thomas Jefferson

By David Edwards

Monday, February 21st, 2011 -- 11:09 am

Who is the greatest president in the history of the United States? If you're asking a random sampling of Americans, as the Gallup polling firm recently did, it would be none other than Ronald Reagan.

A recent Gallup survey found that at 19 percent, Reagan topped the list for the third time in 12 years. President Abraham Lincoln came in second at 14 percent, followed by President Bill Clinton at 13 percent.

President John F. Kennedy rounded out fourth at 11 percent, and President Barack Obama came in seventh, at five percent.

Amazingly enough, President George W. Bush was chosen by just two percent, placing him in 10th: one spot ahead of President Thomas Jefferson, an influential member of the nation's founders.

This foolishness is what comes of not paying attention to history. Reagan, an unindicted criminal along with his VP, and rapist of the country's economy is superior to either of the Roosevelts, Washington, Lincoln, Eisenhower and Clinton, among others? I think not!

"Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it," as we are doing even as I write.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  06:15:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno. I liked Knute Rocke, All American. And the one he did with the monkey....that was awesome!

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  15:33:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reagan? The guy who said that he was going to lower taxes and then had eleven tax increases? The guy who said he was going to fix the economy and then ran deficits in every budget? The guy who tripled the national debt? The guy who said he wanted to make government so small that you could strangle it in a bathtub, and then grew the civil service to even larger proportions?

Short memories these people have.

But given a choice between him and dumbdumb dubya, RR would get my vote hands down, no contest. He also wanted to rid the world of nuclear weapons and had a more radical START plan than anyone since. And he cleared up the illegal immigrant problem by granting amnesty to about 3 million of them.

Goddamned liberal!

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.