Ken Ham/Fred Phleps -- same-o same-o
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  05:51:22  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems that the Creation "museum" hates fags too, even those fags who are not gay. Sound familiar?
Same-Sex 'Couple' Denied Entry To Creation Museum Date Night Event

David Taintor | February 23, 2011, 10:40AM258

The Creation Museum in Petersberg, Ky. denied a "same-sex couple" entry to a date-night event on Feb. 11. But the "couple" wasn't actually gay.

Here's what happened. When Jonathan Meador, his girlfriend and Brandon Absher approached the entrance to the event, they were stopped at the door.

Meador -- a writer for the LEO Weekly in Kentucky -- told TPM that security guards were suspicious that a group of three showed up for a couples' "Date Night." They asked the group where the other date was, wondering what type of car "she" drove, Meador said.

Meador told security that Absher's partner's name was Joe, and that he would be joining them shortly.

"For all they could have known, they could have thought (he's a) business partner," Meador said. "They assumed Brandon and Joe [Sonka] were a same-sex couple."

Meador told TPM that security personnel said a homosexual couple wouldn't be allowed in, as it would disturb the event for others. He said that he told security there had been a misunderstanding, and that the two men were not, in fact, a homosexual couple -- but they didn't accept his explanation.

Creation Museum spokesman Mark Looy referred TPM's questions to the museum's press release, which said that event organizers were expecting a "flamboyantly" gay couple to crash the event, as Sonka -- a progressive blogger -- had written a post encouraging the idea. But Meador says Sonka was simply left without a date when she canceled on him at the last minute, and Absher's addition to the group was mere coincidence.
At one time, I wanted to visit their "museum" just out of curiosity, then I sobered up and decided I needed the twenty bucks a hell of a lot more than they did. Now, not only will I stay away from that festering pit of YEC paranoia, but I'll defame it at every opportunity. Oh, wait. I already do that. Hmm. Oh well, I'll just have to try harder.....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.