Hypocracy anyone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  14:34:58  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It’s common enough amongst most if not all people, but it seems to flow through the Republican Party like raw sewage into the Ganges.
Robert Watson, a high-ranking Republican state legislator in Rhode Island, is in hot water after being charged with driving under the influence of marijuana and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Drug charges alone would be bad enough for a public official, but Watson, Rhode Island's House minority leader, is still remembered for his controversial anti-drug, anti-gay and anti-immigrant remarks.

In February, Watson said the Rhode Island legislature had their priorities right "if you are a Guatemalan gay man who likes to gamble and smokes marijuana."

Tsk.

I wonder if he’ll be treated by the court like that “Guatemalan gay man” and spend some time in the poogie. Anybody wanna run a book on that?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  15:13:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First offenses usually does not elicate jail time. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  18:11:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

First offenses usually does not elicate jail time. SS

If you happen to be a gay Guatemalan, that ain't necessarly so. And Watson's charged with more than simple possession; he's got a DUI as well, not to mention the paraphernalia charge. But, I'll betcha he'll walk without even much of a fine, anyway.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  07:40:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have to be a truly responsible person like Robert Watson to be trusted around marijuana, it's only natural he doesn't want it available to the general public, it's for their own good.

Edited by - On fire for Christ on 04/26/2011 09:30:39
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  08:29:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really wish that straight people had some sort of clue how many people they know and respect burn doobage.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  08:48:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
to OFFC:

I hope you are being sarcastic

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  09:30:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I said:

it's only natural he doesn't want tit[sic] available to the general public

alienist said:
to OFFC:

I hope you are being sarcastic

I will correct my embarrassing mistake through the magic of editing. I hope this removes all your doubts.

Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  09:40:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I meant are you being sarcastic about Robert Watson being responsible? This is a man who decided to drive after using marijuana

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2011 :  10:28:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Given the total context and content of his comment, sarcasm seems the only rational conclusion.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.