Religion
 Coren vs. Dawkins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  08:21:33  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep. Coren's now calling out Dawkins for not debating, guess who? William "genocide" Craig!

Oh boy. Yeah. Coren, the same guy who said that Pope ratty, the guy who tried to cover up the church's sex abuse scandal was the "greatest man alive" is calling Dawkins a "fraud" and a "liar"?

Holy fuck.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  11:31:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to think Coren was our Limbaugh. Maybe he's becoming our Beck.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  13:58:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You absolutely know that I can't let such bullshit go unchallenged, right?

My reply:
Right, the it's the "bad shepard" like Dawkins who destroys?

Let's look at some things said by that "eminent American philosopher" shall we, Greg?

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5767

Moreover, if we believe, as I do, that God's grace is extended to those who die in infancy or as small children, the death of these children was actually their salvation. We are so wedded to an earthly, naturalistic perspective that we forget that those who die are happy to quit this earth for heaven's incomparable joy. Therefore, God does these children no wrong in taking their lives.

What's he referring to? Accidents, disease, nope. Genocide.

So whom does God wrong in commanding the destruction of the Canaanites? Not the Canaanite adults, for they were corrupt and deserving of judgement. Not the children, for they inherit eternal life. So who is wronged? Ironically, I think the most difficult part of this whole debate is the apparent wrong done to the Israeli soldiers themselves. Can you imagine what it would be like to have to break into some house and kill a terrified woman and her children? The brutalizing effect on these Israeli soldiers is disturbing.

Almost as bad as the desensitizing effect of religous belief on the morals of their apologists...and I bet that Craig calls himself "pro-life". Yeah. Nothing "disturbing" about the killing of those women and children though, eh?

Not if "god" orders it done, but boy howdy! If a doctor does it, it's a "SIN"!!!! Why? Doesn't the fetus still go to heaven? So, by Craig's "logic", what was the harm done?

Compare with what atheist PZ Myers thinks about this:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/04/wait_i_thought_they_believed_i.php

No. No, I can't imagine that. I can imagine parts of it: I can imagine a long, heavy piece of sharp metal in my hands. I can imagine a frightened, unarmed woman in front of me, trying to shelter her children. The part I can't imagine, the stuff I'm having real trouble with, is imagining voluntarily raising my hand and hacking them to death.

I guess one has to be a religous philosopher to be able to imagine oneself hacking up those people eh?

While godless atheists like Myers and I suspect Dawkins too, can't.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 05/16/2011 13:59:21
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  15:42:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, my comment hasn't shown up yet, so I'll just compose another one and store it here in the meantime:

"absurdly arrogant"? Time for a reality check Coren: Between pope ratty and Dawkins, who dresses in outlandish clothes that only king or emperors would wear and who wears regular clothes? Who changed his name to take on a new identity and title? Who makes pronouncements which he expects everyone to obey? WHo makes trips to other countries and expects the host country to foot the bill?

All of that is your man, the Pope. Dawkins dresses normally, doesn't expect his sayings to be taken as law by any "disciples" or "followers" and in contrast to the Pope's visit to England on taxpayers dollars, when Dawkins visited the University of Oklahoma a few years back, he waived the speakers fee and gave 5 grand to the Oklahomans for Excellence in Science Education people.

How much did Pope Ratty donate to the people of England when he visited there?

While you're at it, Coren...justify your claim that Dawkins is a fraud, liar, and coward, please. All of them.

In fact, it'd be nice to see you try and justify your claim that the pope is "the greatest man alive"...even ignoring the fact that he helped cover up the sex abuse scandal. What did the pope do that makes him deserving of that title?

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 05/16/2011 15:44:08
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  10:01:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

,,,Coren's now calling out Dawkins for not debating,,,

My first thoughts were. For the most part I am so over trying to talk with devout theists about their delusion of God being a fabrication of man. Dare I say Dawkins must be too. What's the fracking point or more precisely, what could possibly be the benefit? Is it not the definition of "an exercise in futility". For an aspiring public theist debater, in this case Coren, having a debate on God or the validity of religion is not about having an honest and genuine exchange facts on the topic. It's an opportunity to publicly voice his erroneous sound bites, believed lies, or outright known lies and miss represent or interpret the scientific evidence or lack there of.
If there was an animated icon that visually showed what a debate between an atheist and an theist really is, it would be this only with another head on the other side of the wall doing the same in sync.
However with your posting,,,
Originally posted by the_ignored

"absurdly arrogant"? Time for a reality check Coren: Between pope ratty and Dawkins, who dresses in outlandish clothes that only king or emperors would wear and who wears regular clothes? Who changed his name to take on a new identity and title? Who makes pronouncements which he expects everyone to obey? WHo makes trips to other countries and expects the host country to foot the bill?

All of that is your man, the Pope. Dawkins dresses normally, doesn't expect his sayings to be taken as law by any "disciples" or "followers" and in contrast to the Pope's visit to England on taxpayers dollars, when Dawkins visited the University of Oklahoma a few years back, he waived the speakers fee and gave 5 grand to the Oklahomans for Excellence in Science Education people.

How much did Pope Ratty donate to the people of England when he visited there?

While you're at it, Coren...justify your claim that Dawkins is a fraud, liar, and coward, please. All of them.

In fact, it'd be nice to see you try and justify your claim that the pope is "the greatest man alive"...even ignoring the fact that he helped cover up the sex abuse scandal. What did the pope do that makes him deserving of that title?

,,,you made me see that there is a point to these debates. As mankind slowly crawls out of ignorance and continues to understand more every day about the reality he exists in, there are those who will apply their education and realize that their religious beliefs are not based on facts but are products of their dogmatic religious brain washing since birth.
You go boy!

You made me realize that with my question "what's the point? (in debating)" that there is no point debating, if the only arguments used are those that have failed and I must find new arguments, use different logic or change my words, if I expect to slay the God delusion with any individual. Thank you! SS

Edit: An example of how a different words might bring different results for the blind.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 05/17/2011 12:18:27
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  19:04:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it seems Coren is taking his time with posting my reply up:

Back up your claim that Dawkins is a liar, please. Coren, you and John really need to start backing your idiocy up...how is Dawkins "absurdly arrogant" compared to your pope who dresses in thousands of bucks worth of well, <i>dresses</i> and expects the host country's taxpayers to pay for his trips to the country? (ie. England)

While you're at it John, you can explain how "god" shows "mercy" through his "holy church" through the actions of the Crusades, Inquisitions, persecution of scientists, and the abusive school systems that the Catholics and other xian sects set up with negligent gov'ts.

Or how's about the wonderful teaching material for kids you people used to have, endorsed as such:

"I have carefully read over this Little Volume for Children and have found nothing whatever in it contrary to the doctrines of Holy Faith; but, on the contrary, a great deal to charm, instruct, and edify our youthful classes, for whose benefit it has been written. --William Meagher, Vicar General, Dublin, December 14, 1855"

That book so endorsed has such gems in it as this:

"Perhaps at this moment, seven o'clock in the evening, a child is just going into hell. To-morrow evening at seven o'clock, go and knock at the gates of hell, and ask what the child is doing. The devils will go and look. Then they will come back again and say, the child is burning! Go in a week and asked what the child is doing; you will get the same answer --it is burning! Go in a year and ask; the same answer comes --it is burning! Go in a million of years and ask the same question; the answer is just the same --it is burning! So, if you go for ever and ever, you will always get the same answer --it is burning in the fire!"

Then there's the newer things like this.

Maybe Dawkins was right after all, and religion IS child abuse? It sure as hell is in that above case, is it not?

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 06/02/2011 19:05:14
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  19:16:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still waiting for my reply to show up...I don't even get the waiting for moderation message anymore. I tried one last time, we'll see.

Maybe Coren is the coward. Oh, and absurdly hypocritical too.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  10:10:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sheesh. Still can't post. Oh well.

Guess Coren was lying when he said:
I really couldn’t care less about nasty posts and comments – I love them actually. But why is it, I wonder, that so many members of the left assume that they need to abuse and insult people with whom they disagree?

I love the irony. Remember the title of his post attacking Dawkins?

Ah well. I had a good link to a site that shows just how useless it'd be to debate Craig, since he has shown that he doesn't give a shit about "evidence".

Scroll down to the section Comments on Craig's Book: Reasonable Faith, and you'll see what I mean.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Edited by - the_ignored on 07/03/2011 10:35:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.11 seconds.