Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  21:27:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by ChristianIssues

Just a note to say that I will start answering your replies. I have not received email notification of any replies to my post and I don't know how to set things to give me a notification. Sorry about that.
If you hadn't just done drive-by spamming, but lingered here lurking/reading you might have noticed that such an option wasn't available to you. And given the number of forums around the internet which have been spammed by you, it's obvious that you've been employing a fire-and-forget tactics. Would you even have noticed our replies if I hadn't sent you an email about the poor ethics in your method of spreading The Word?
Given what I've seen, I do not believe your apology is sincere.

Actually, he responded to my email. And as far as I can tell, based on his response to my email, we will have to wait and see if he's being sincere. He did apologies for the hit and run and came here and posted. Just saying...

Of course, we still frown on cut and paste jobs without personalized comment to let us know that we aren't just being spammed.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  02:43:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apologies, Kil. This is the moron I sent a mail to right after the first drive-by spamming (the other thread). I suspected it was spam so I googled it for fun, and realised he was spamming something like half of all the boards on the Internet. So I sent him a mail telling him about how unethical it is, and challenging him to defend his drek instead of just doing drive-by shootings.
His response was that he didn't care for the language I used...

When he finally showed up with a non-apology, I figured if could have been despite my language.

(Edited to correct spelling and grammar)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 06/25/2011 11:59:39
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  06:17:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok. Let's look at those verses, shall we? Mark 9:1-2
1And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

2And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

What about the other verses that talk about "this generation" etc?

Ah, I'm sick. Here, read this:
http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article86.html

Where does it say that "there will be some standing here...etc" who won't die until they see jesus go up on a mountain and meet some OT saints?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 06/20/2011 06:21:28
Go to Top of Page

sugarino

33 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  12:34:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sugarino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

1And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

2And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

Ah, infidel.org .. What the hell, I'll look into this to see what sense I can make out of it.

Where does it say that "there will be some standing here...etc" who won't die until they see Jesus go up on a mountain and meet some OT saints?
lol It isn't like everyone saw a glimpse of "the kingdom" that's why I think the author/s were talking about Peter,James,and John. If I take that any other way seems to make less sense to me, but as I said, that is what I think. Not all others are just going to agree, and I don't really care because people have to think for themselves.

OK, as I said before, I do need to brush up on some reading because I love doing this, it is stimulating and I am a musician and find it to help with my creative flow,if you will.. I think I can show an obvious distinction to support my view but I must reserch... I'll be back.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  20:53:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It wasnt the "kingdom" though. It was just two lousy guys. There were no angels or nothing that was supposed to be there when the actual kingdom comes. Again. Why not just say that he was going to meet some OT saints on a mountain? It's nothing but some verses taken horribly out of context by xian apologists who know that if they lose this one, the game is over.

The infidels article shows how all those verses have the context of his appearing to be within their own lifetimes.

Other verses in Matthew are equally explicit as to the nearness of the "coming" of the "Son of Man":

For the Son of Man is about to come [mello] in the glory of his Father with His angels; and will recompense every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom. [Mat 16:27-28]

The Markan version of this saying reads:

For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. And he was saying to them, Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power. [Mk 8:38-9:1] [10]

The noted translator and editor of apocalyptic literature, professor James H. Charlesworth, elucidated:

To "come in power" is an expression that has special importance for the apocalyptists, like the authors of Daniel, the Apocalypse of John, 4 Ezra, and 2 Baruch. It denotes a total alteration of time and the earth, and an end to normal history. [11]

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

sugarino

33 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  23:53:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sugarino a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It wasnt the "kingdom" though.
Why not ? What was it then ? Why else do you think Christ has to hop out of his skin and join the dead men walking ? lol “flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven"

It was just two lousy guys.
Well, I suppose that's a matter of taste but it was Elijah and Moses ..(FYI)

There were no angels or nothing that was supposed to be there when the actual kingdom comes.
Correct,That's because it wasn't the End times coming to pass. So does that means that Jesus couldn't show his 3 friends the kingdom ?

Again. Why not just say that he was going to meet some OT saints on a mountain?
Because he didn't want anyone to know but those that saw it. "As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus gave them orders not to tell anyone what they had seen until the Son of Man had risen from the dead." - which is further support for why he didn't mention Peter,James and John by name but just said that there were "some standing here" that would see it.Also, right after he says that,it leads right into them taking off. Just look at how it flows -[....] "there are certain of those standing here, who may not taste of death till they see the reign of God having come in power.'And after six days doth Jesus take Peter, and James, and John,[....]

It's nothing but some verses taken horribly out of context by xian apologists who know that if they lose this one, the game is over.
It might be... but Personally I don't see the logic and placement making sense any other way ... So while you are right that there is a lot at stake, and they have every reason to bend it, I don't disagree with MY own interpretation..

'basileia' = kingship, sovereignty, authority, rule, especially of God, both in the world, and in the hearts of men = kingdom

Those 3 heard a voice yell out "This is my son,listen to him"

That doesn't sound like "they see the reign of God having come in power?" Who's to say otherwise ?

Edited by - sugarino on 06/21/2011 00:02:23
Go to Top of Page

sugarino

33 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  20:29:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sugarino a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Where does it say that "there will be some standing here...etc" who won't die until they see jesus go up on a mountain and meet some OT saints?
OK,I have furthered in my study and thoughts and I'm going to conclude that your skepticism served you well in this case.

While I genuinely don't know If my last interpretation is wrong because per my said reasons,I kind of do think at this point that you are correct,so I am going to concede this point that Jesus transfiguration doesn't count as "the kingdom of God come with power."

So we are in agreement. I'm not confirming anything on infidel.org though because I still didn't read all that and at this point,is not necessary.
Go to Top of Page

sugarino

33 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  12:38:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sugarino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see last post by Dr. Mabuse on the outside but when coming in here,see no new post. Just testing.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  18:02:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sugarino

I see last post by Dr. Mabuse on the outside but when coming in here,see no new post. Just testing.

That's because I noticed and corrected some spelling and grammar in an old post (the second one on this page). When I edited it, the thread was automatically bumped and marked that I made the contribution that bumped it.
If you look under my signature of that post, it ways "Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 06/25/2011 11:59:39"
and if you look just above my signature you see a little note I added to the end of the post to inform you all what kind of changes I made.

I hope you've been enlightened?

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 06/26/2011 18:04:00
Go to Top of Page

sugarino

33 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  10:21:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sugarino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by sugarino

That's because I noticed and corrected some spelling and grammar in an old post (the second one on this page). When I edited it, the thread was automatically bumped and marked that I made the contribution that bumped it.
If you look under my signature of that post, it ways "Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 06/25/2011 11:59:39"
and if you look just above my signature you see a little note I added to the end of the post to inform you all what kind of changes I made.

I hope you've been enlightened?

Yes, thank you for that. I didn't know that would count as a last post but is a cool feature, just never seen it before on a forum.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  17:43:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's typical for Snitz-forum software.

Just like there's not e-mail reminder that someone has posted in the thread you started.
ChristianIssues is so unconcerned about us heathens he can't be bothered to come here and try to set us straight, even if we send him e-mails reminding him that this feature does not exist in Snitz. He's had several reminders now but doesn't seem to give a damn, so screw him. Next drive-by posting, I vote to boot his ass for spamming.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.