Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  09:40:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

Originally posted by Dave W.
Ugh. Bachmann's dead, dead eyes make any prurient thoughts I might have about her womanly parts run for the hills.

And this is coming from the king studman himself. One look into his eyes and all prurient thoughts come running down from the hills.

The first thought/image that came to my mind was Laura Bush. Captain Studman Dave W just didn't occur to me and now I wonder where he finds the time.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  10:26:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I see. So, depending on the eyes, having sex with men does appeal to you.
Ah, a relative level of appeal is replaced with some absolute standard in order to score rhetorical points. Bravo, Bill, for expressing your dishonesty so freely.

Not in this context, but nice try.

I would not have guessed that of you.
What would it matter?

Depends on the context. But I never said it mattered anyway, those are your words. If having sex with men who have lively eyes appeals to you it does not matter to me one iota, other than I find it disgusting but that is just personal opinion. I just would not have guessed that it would have before we had this conversation. I guess I learned something new today.

Each to his own I guess.
Yeah, that's what "whatever creams your Twinkie" means.

So we agree. But the overriding question here is that, if a man, who is sexually attracted to other men with lively eyes, creams his Twinkie, using a special tool that was created and given to him by a friendly chimpanze, all while standing knee deep in a man made pond, is this a natural or unnatural action?

But you do purposefully offend others.
Yes, about stupidity that they've chosen for themselves.

And as usual I am sure that you have deemed yourself the final arbitrator on what is considered stupid.

How did you come to draw the line of offending others at one's sexual proclivities? What's so sacred about that?
It's largely not chosen. Do you think people decide to be turned on by bacon?

It depends on the context.

I hope you didn't miss the sarcasm.

And I hope the same for you.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Edited by - Bill scott on 08/17/2011 11:02:03
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  10:48:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

The first thought/image that came to my mind was Laura Bush.

Now that is an interesting take. Maybe you should share with the rest of us whatever it was that you smoked at lunch time.

Captain Studman Dave W

Oh yes, given what a fine specimen he is himself, he has the ability to critique just about anyone based on their lively eyes, or the lack there of, alone.

Is should be noted that I have never seen a picture of Dave so I am just assuming by the way he critiques others eyes and sexual appeal that he himself is rather fond of his own lively eyes and sexual appeal. How silly would it be for him to critique others if he had dead eyes and no sexual appeal himself?

just didn't occur to me and now I wonder where he finds the time.

Well according to his wife he is willing to lose sleep in order to give more time to his hobbies and adventures. He is dedicated I have to give him that.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  11:20:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But I never said it mattered anyway, those are your words. If having sex with men who have lively eyes appeals to you it does not matter to me one iota, other than I find it disgusting but that is just personal opinion. I just would not have guessed that it would have before we had this conversation. I guess I learned something new today.
It obviously matters to you, since you spent the time and effort to type a comment about it. And you keep on talking about it. It's like you can't stop talking about how unimportant it is for you. Go ahead: let's see some more remarks about how unremarkable it is.
And as usual I am sure that you have deemed yourself the final arbitrator on what is considered stupid.
Yes, I am the final arbiter of what I consider stupid.
Is should be noted that I have never seen a picture of Dave so I am just assuming by the way he critiques others eyes and sexual appeal that he himself is rather fond of his own lively eyes and sexual appeal. How silly would it be for him to critique others if he had dead eyes and no sexual appeal himself?
So the argument is that if one does not carry trait X, one should not criticize others about trait X. By this logic, you shouldn't ever criticize science or liberal politics, Bill. And since you're not a rich environmentalist, you shouldn't criticize Al Gore.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  11:37:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wha, you guys sometimes seem to argue just for the sake of arguing!

Not trying to be judgemental, just observing.....
:)

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  11:46:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But I never said it mattered anyway, those are your words. If having sex with men who have lively eyes appeals to you it does not matter to me one iota, other than I find it disgusting but that is just personal opinion. I just would not have guessed that it would have before we had this conversation. I guess I learned something new today.
It obviously matters to you, since you spent the time and effort to type a comment about it. And you keep on talking about it. It's like you can't stop talking about how unimportant it is for you. Go ahead: let's see some more remarks about how unremarkable it is.

The only thing that mattered to me was the fact that I would not have guessed that from you. You then want to keep asking me why it matters?

Yes, I am the final arbiter of what I consider stupid.

But that was not the original context you used.

So the argument is that if one does not carry trait X, one should not criticize others about trait X. By this logic, you shouldn't ever criticize science or liberal politics, Bill. And since you're not a rich environmentalist, you shouldn't criticize Al Gore.

No, the point is that I find it entertaining that you, the bleeding heart that you are, are critique people on of all things, looks.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  11:55:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But that was not the original context you used.
Yes, it was.
No, the point is that I find it entertaining that you, the bleeding heart that you are, are critique people on of all things, looks.
Show me where I've critiqued anyone based on their looks. Saying that I find certain things to be turn-offs for me is not a critique of any other person. If I'd said that Bachmann's dead eyes should deter people from voting for her, you'd have a point.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2011 :  13:01:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by moakley

The first thought/image that came to my mind was Laura Bush.

Now that is an interesting take. Maybe you should share with the rest of us whatever it was that you smoked at lunch time.
Captain Studman Dave W

Oh yes, given what a fine specimen he is himself, he has the ability to critique just about anyone based on their lively eyes, or the lack there of, alone.

just didn't occur to me and now I wonder where he finds the time.

Well according to his wife he is willing to lose sleep in order to give more time to his hobbies and adventures. He is dedicated I have to give him that.
Meh

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  18:23:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On that radio program, toward the end one of the political scientists made a comment that often women voters are reluctant to vote for women candidates if they fear the candidate isn't high enough quality and will therefore hurt the cause of women's rights by confirming negative stereotypes. The same political scientist commented that until we have enough women represented across the political spectrum, we shouldn't be "picky". (She was basically saying we should vote for the likes of Bachmann just because they are women.)

So then there's this.

Yeeeeaaah, it's pretty damn clear that the ONLY reason Bachmann is even a contender is because she's a hot chick, because she's obviously also a moron. The women's movement needs more Olympia Snowes and Hilary Clintons. No more fucking Bachmanns and Palins. Those types DO hurt the women's movement by making women look bad.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.